Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I found this review of Captain Marvel #4 on Youtube. They pretty much feel like Rogue (Like alot of us) got taken a dump on. (Apparantly they didn't read the first arc of MMX about Rogue "evolved" powers.) Also they asked the same question I asked "Where did N Man get his information from about Rogue and Carol's past?". Also I noticed the same thing the resistance's attitude had about Rogue.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch/=DqGHoiquj4&t
    (The "fugus" remark reffers to a comment that Jessica Drew made is issues #2&3 conparing Carol to "fungus that grows on you" (I kid you not!). I don't know about you, to me being compared to athletes foot and jock itch is not an enduring complement.)
    That link didn't work for me, is this the one

The reviewers make some very valid points, the point about the cover referring to Carol as the one and only Captain is 'insensitive' to put it mildly, and I'd go further and say it's a lackluster cover too, a rare example of the content art being better than the cover art.

The reviewers are defensive of Rogue, which I Like, good on them, I like them, But that's what I got from Kelly too, she was batting for Rogue on a CM book (shhh subterfuge, all very Rogue, Raven would be proud *chuckle*), yes she made Carol sound the nicest that I've ever read her, as with comments like "her stupid pretty face" and "she's not just a hero, she's a truly great one" but hey, Kelly has been given the assignment/work and also I think she genuinely sees the chance to promote a strong female character role-model in these characters (Hey Dis-Marvel get your stuff together and notice the wider implications of bringing Rogues much more resonate experience to a greater audience)

You guys know I've got my issues with some of Kellys choices for Rogue so I'm not just 'shilling' or 'staning' her or whatever the appropriate term is, but I read it and reacted pretty positively to things like Jessica saying 'dangerous'. Damn right Rogues dangerous Jess, but also it's just text to build suspense. I agreed with mjtanners sentiment that more 'heroes' need to be shown to consider Rogues 'influences' if only just to show them as being smart intuitive astute and canny 'heroes'

On the reviewers, I really like it when people say a firm no to being preached at, it shows a confidence within themselves to march to the beat of their own drum, and recently the loud preaching has been a lot of arrrg hate patriarchy, blah, blah, blah but sometimes a knee jerk reaction the other way can be just as 'influenced' by the hate preaching, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ might as well focus our attention on stuff that we prefer (sometimes that can be a grumble, no harm in that as long as we don't neglect fun)

MJtanner make good points about Carol breaking the collar, I noticed that, and Carol acting the victim, totally and utterly oblivious to Rogues traumas (quite in character, I suppose, ha!) and the preferring to know how and why Rogue got captured - the Rogue vs Nuclear Man fight is a bit ..... hummm..... a bit uncomfortable after the Genosha stuff being brought up recently, We must demand more Rogue from Marvel, that's the solution.
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 04-16-2019 at 02:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    That link didn't work for me, is this the one

The reviewers make some very valid points, the point about the cover referring to Carol as the one and only Captain is 'insensitive' to put it mildly, and I'd go further and say it's a lackluster cover too, a rare example of the content art being better than the cover art.

The reviewers are defensive of Rogue, which I Like, good on them, I like them, But that's what I got from Kelly too, she was batting for Rogue on a CM book (shhh subterfuge, all very Rogue, Raven would be proud *chuckle*), yes she made Carol sound the nicest that I've ever read her, as with comments like "her stupid pretty face" and "she's not just a hero, she's a truly great one" but hey, Kelly has been given the assignment/work and also I think she genuinely sees the chance to promote a strong female character role-model in these characters (Hey Dis-Marvel get your stuff together and notice the wider implications of bringing Rogues much more resonate experience to a greater audience)

You guys know I've got my issues with some of Kellys choices for Rogue so I'm not just 'shilling' or 'staning' her or whatever the appropriate term is, but I read it and reacted pretty positively to things like Jessica saying 'dangerous'. Damn right Rogues dangerous Jess, but also it's just text to built suspense. I agreed with mjtanners sentiment that more 'heroes' need to be shown to consider Rogues 'influences' if only just to show them as being smart intuitive astute and canny 'heroes'

On the reviewers, I really like it when people say a firm no to being preached at, it shows a confidence within themselves to march to the beat of their own drum, and recently the loud preaching has been a lot of arrrg hate patriarchy, blah, blah, blah but sometimes a knee jerk reaction the other way can be just as 'influenced' by the hate preaching, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ might as well focus our attention on stuff that we prefer (sometimes that can be a grumble, no harm in that as long as we don't neglect fun)

MJtanner make good points about Carol breaking the collar, I noticed that, and Carol acting the victim, totally and utterly oblivious to Rogues traumas (quite in character, I suppose, ha!) and the preferring to know how and why Rogue got captured - the Rogue vs Nuclear Man fight is a bit ..... ummm..... a bit uncomfortable after the Genosha stuff being brought up recently, We must demand more Rogue from Marvel, that's the solution.
    the review kind of sucked, she did not even realize rogue powers where upgraded in mmx and went on rambling about the fact that it was made up for this cm issue alone, I could not keep listening to be honest, I'm not even sure she realize rogue and carol are sharing the same writer and superhero fighting due to mind control is nothing new in comics so I really don't get all the outrage. Carol is the victim, there is no acting, Rogue is a great hero now, but in the past she did some wrong that can't be swept under the rug by "dumping ****" on Carol on her comic review.
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-14-2019 at 10:35 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

they need to free Rogue from Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    the review kind of sucked, she did not even realize rogue powers where upgraded in mmx and went on rambling about the fact that it was made up for this cm issue alone, I could not keep listening to be honest, I'm not even sure she realize rogue and carol are sharing the same writer and superhero fighting due to mind control is nothing new in comics so I really don't get all the outrage. Carol is the victim there is no acting, Rogue is a great hero now, but in the past she did some wrong that can't be swept under the rug by "dumping ****" on Carol on her comic review.
    And Rogue is not a victim here? Instead of Carol feeling sorry for herself and being afraid of losing herself to Rogue again, maybe she should ask herself why Nuclear man picked Rogue specifically to prove herself "worthy" to him. Why does he even care about their past encounter unless he is holding something back about what lead up to this from Carol's point of view as a "hold card". View what is going on between Carol and Nuclear man as akin to a game of poker. Nuclear man is too shrewd to lay all his cards on the table about what he knows about what happened between Rogue and Carol without holding something back to use as a "trump card". Funny thing though, Nuclear man never brings up the whole Marcus ordeal, which set up the situation that led to the Rogue and Carol encounter in the first place. If Nuclear man wanted Carol to truly have her "move on with your life", he would have Carol deal with how she dealt with the fallout after she escaped Marcus's limbo.
    In the story, Carol describes Rogue as "just a kid. A villainous out-of-control kid." What is wrong with this picture? Carol is 12 years older, skilled in both US Military and Kree military training, has superstrength, flight and near invulnerability and yet can't take down a scrawny teenage girl or even have the sense enough to retreat if she felt she was being overwhelmed? Rogue never "swept under the rug" what she did to Carol. But Carol's mental and emotional state at the time of the encounter, especially after what she went through with Marcus, has never been dealt with.

Rogue Fan since the 80's Sandman813's Avatar

Hello Sandman813

What's your take/preference on Rogues new(ish) powerset?

I can see some positives and negatives so am a bit confused/apathetic/meh/excited/eager, so probably mostly confused

I'd be interested to know what you're thinking, as a longtime Rogue fan

I think that it's great that she finally has the super strength and flight with the invulnerability back at last it suits her brawler personality.
    I just don't like how they rushed to put her and Gambit together. In the past when they were together she became dependent on him and came across as whiny.
    which was a turn off for her to me.
    KRAKOA MUST FALL

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    And Rogue is not a victim here? Instead of Carol feeling sorry for herself and being afraid of losing herself to Rogue again, maybe she should ask herself why Nuclear man picked Rogue specifically to prove herself "worthy" to him. Why does he even care about their past encounter unless he is holding something back about what lead up to this from Carol's point of view as a "hold card". View what is going on between Carol and Nuclear man as akin to a game of poker. Nuclear man is too shrewd to lay all his cards on the table about what he knows about what happened between Rogue and Carol without holding something back to use as a "trump card". Funny thing though, Nuclear man never brings up the whole Marcus ordeal, which set up the situation that led to the Rogue and Carol encounter in the first place. If Nuclear man wanted Carol to truly have her "move on with your life", he would have Carol deal with how she dealt with the fallout after she escaped Marcus's limbo.
    In the story, Carol describes Rogue as "just a kid. A villainous out-of-control kid." What is wrong with this picture? Carol is 12 years older, skilled in both US Military and Kree military training, has superstrength, flight and near invulnerability and yet can't take down a scrawny teenage girl or even have the sense enough to retreat if she felt she was being overwhelmed? Rogue never "swept under the rug" what she did to Carol. But Carol's mental and emotional state at the time of the encounter, especially after what she went through with Marcus, has never been dealt with.
    In regard to what nuclear man did they are both victims, other than that all these negative considerations about carol in my opinion have no basis to stand on, they just fall flat when meeting with logic, Carol fear is justified, her actions were justified and actually she managed to find the only way out, I'm pretty sure that she and Rogue once again will come to a major understanding, the story is not over, no point in jumping the gun.
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-14-2019 at 10:31 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman813 View Post
    I think that it's great that she finally has the super strength and flight with the invulnerability back at last it suits her brawler personality.
    I just don't like how they rushed to put her and Gambit together. In the past when they were together she became dependent on him and came across as whiny.
    I agree 100% about the flight and strength.

I also agree about how in the past they made Rogue into a co-dependent whiner. But so far KT has been doing a good job of writing her as the strong and independent character that she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman813 View Post
    But what about the absorbing from distance, What do you think of that?

As for the marriage, it's hard to know how invested we should be in it, when even the editor keeps belittling it, well belittling Gambits capacity for fidelity

It's a weird place to be as a fan. The marriage kinda puts them both in the cross hairs of melodramatic writers, which raises the stakes in an exciting way but also makes me a bit cautious as to how much time/money/enthusiasm to spend on Marvel. Without Rogue I'm out, and I don't want a widowed Rogue either.

These two characters, Rogue and Gambit were not introduced to us as a couple therefore they should not be tied together all the time even after marriage, but we've yet to see the couple written by anyone else, or even any enthusiasm for the pairing from anyone else at Marvel, quite the opposite on JDWs part. He seems to be trying to sabotage them and the book, when he was the one who initially just wanted to stop the marriage of Kitty and Colossus, I just don't get that dude, at all!

Question... If Rogue isn't in any of the Age of X theeeeennnn Why hasn't she appeared in Uncanny w/Cyke and the rest of the mutants left in this timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Question... If Rogue isn't in any of the Age of X theeeeennnn Why hasn't she appeared in Uncanny w/Cyke and the rest of the mutants left in this timeline?
    She has been taken to Mojo World in MMX, they were taken just before Cykes and Blindfolds uncanny issue dropped. Marvel have handled the chronology of the events really well, imo

Cyke and the other uncanny team can be forgiven for thinking that Rogue and Gambit were killed along with all the others that are in AOXM.

It would of been really poignant of someone in uncanny to mention the tragedy/pathos/joy of the wedding just before their supposed deaths, but hey *shrug* what's cohesion between writers *shrug*

But what about the absorbing from distance, What do you think of that?

As for the marriage, it's hard to know how invested we should be in it, when even the editor keeps belittling it, well-belittling Gambits capacity for fidelity

It's a weird place to be as a fan. The marriage kinda puts them both in the cross hairs of melodramatic writers, which raises the stakes in an exciting way but also makes me a bit cautious as to how much time/money/enthusiasm to spend on Marvel. Without Rogue, I'm out, and I don't want a widowed Rogue either.

These two characters, Rogue and Gambit were not introduced to us as a couple, therefore, they should not be tied together all the time even after marriage, but we've yet to see the couple wrote by anyone else, or even any enthusiasm for the pairing from anyone else at Marvel, quite the opposite on JDWs part. He seems to be trying to sabotage them and the book when he was the one who initially just wanted to stop the marriage of Kitty and Colossus, I just don't get that dude, at all!
    Thing is, as far as absorbing from a distance, we still don't know how it has completed its development. As Xantra said Rogue's powers have Evolved . That implies to me that her power has developed into something better, something superior. (Aircraft have evolved, Auto's have evolved. Even telephones have evolved. I remember back when I entered Kindergarten in the fall of 1970, my Grandmother had a rotary phone wired right into the wall. ) We don't even know how absorbing Carol will effect Rogue's power. Someone over at the Rogue and Gambit site said Rogue always has problems when she absorbs ALIENS. Well...in the life of Captain Marvel, it was revealed her mother was a pureblood Kree. So, Carol, is a half breed like Xantra is.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    bc Kelly Thompson has her in a chokehold unable to join any team at all... Also, honeymoon.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    bc Kelly Thompson has her in a chokehold unable to join any team at all... Also, honeymoon.
    Kelly must like the Motor City Madman!
    Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQowAJAZgoU
    Last edited by mikeb; 04-17-2019 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Bwahahahah FACTS

She has been taken to Mojo World in MMX, they were taken just before Cykes and Blindfolds uncanny issue dropped. Marvel have handled the chronology of the events really well, imo

Cyke and the other uncanny team can be forgiven for thinking that Rogue and Gambit were killed along with all the others that are in AOXM.

It would of been really poignant of someone in uncanny to mention the tragedy/pathos/joy of the wedding just before their supposed deaths, but hey *shrug* what's cohesion between writers *shrug*
    Thank you Ult Rogue. I figured it had something to do with it but I didn't know if the writers were on the same page on the chronology