Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    [b]Just a reversion to status quo. She arguably needs this part anyway, just like Cyclops needs the inability to control his blasts and Professor X needs his wheel chair.[/b.]
    I don't agree with this. I find very suspicious that Rogue losing control of her powers after finally gaining control after so long was done under an Avengers writer and an Avengers editor. Why hasn't Rogue done anything in the past 4 plus years to find out what messed her up in U/A vol 1 #22-23? I may sound a bit cinicle, but it's my person belief that Rogue got mess up to eventually make Carol look good. Somehow Carol will be involed in how Rogue messed up powers will end up being corrected. Remember, that movie was in the works even before Rogue got mess up. Somehow, I think it will end up being revealed that the cause of Rogue once again losing control of her power will somehow be linked to the long ago fateful encounter between Rogue and Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Yeah, that came out of nowhere alright. Looks like you have Donny Cates to thank for it as he apparantly came up with the idea at a planning meet-up.

Was never gonna last anyway, not a core part of the character.
    And took part in Avengers book I think, so not really central to X-Men either.

The wind will change here at some point. Maybe after Age of X part 2 is done?

Just a reversion to status quo. She arguably needs this part anyway, just like Cyclops needs the inability to control his blasts and Professor X needs his wheel chair.

Outside of the X-Men friendships?
    Yeah, those are not worth much in the long run, just be happy if incoming writers remembers her relationships (not with Gambit) within the X-Men.

Cool, Cheers dude/lady

I needed to hear some of the things you posted,

I've been reading comics for 15 years, so know that an obscene, extreme, ridiculous amount of patience is needed to enjoy the medium sometimes. I just needed to vent.

Just to be clear, the lack of control on her powers doesn't bother me. It's the totally crap powerset she's lumbered with at the moment, similar to Hope and Synchs powers.

I don't like it. It's not what I signed up for with Rogue, it stinks!

That element of touch within her powers made her unique, kept her balanced. Gave her a limitation. It was a disability that humanized her, made us sympathize with her, root for her.

Now she can take everything from everyone too easily. Selene has a similar power. If Rogue takes a villainous turn soon, then the powers makes sense and I'm not opposed to seeing that, it would be different even exciting to witness.

Wait, sorry for the dumb question.

Rogue went from having control of a touch-based power to having an uncontrollable mutation-synchronization aura?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

Rogue went from having control of a touch-based power to having an uncontrollable mutation-synchronization aura?
    Yeah pretty much, details are very sketchy, so it's back to waiting for clarification again!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I don't agree with this. I find very suspicious that Rogue losing control of her powers after finally gaining control after so long was done under an Avengers writer and an Avengers editor. Why hasn't Rogue done anything in the past 4 plus years to find out what messed her up in U/A vol 1 #22-23? I may sound a bit cinicle, but it's my person belief that Rogue got mess up to eventually make Carol look good. Somehow Carol will be involed in how Rogue messed up powers will end up being corrected. Remember, that movie was in the works even before Rogue got mess up. Somehow, I think it will end up being revealed that the cause of Rogue once again losing control of her power will somehow be linked to the long ago fateful encounter between Rogue and Carol.
    Hi mikeb,

I'm a long time reader of your posts here, you're a star buddy

You're a voice of knowledge and reason and I tip my hat to you good sir.

I'm a bit concerned myself about Rogues appearance in Cap Marvel soon.

It's crunch time!!

It'll be very telling of Thompsons real understanding of the Rogue and Carol dynamic, and of her understanding of who Rogue is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Hello fellow Rogue fans,

This place has been pretty quiet since the wedding
    So lets cut to the chase and say what we're really thinking. I'll start

Venting in 3....2.....1

I'm pissed at the total dismissal of Rogues recent history. Kelly Thompson and Romy fans seem to be totally oblivious to how much of an about-turn both Rogue and Gambit fans have had to make to accept our favorites even being in Mr and Mrs X. But to our credit we accepted it and went with it, cos lets face it, we all want a book featuring our favorites, and to make it a success, we want to support it, but KT is asking a lot from Rogue fans.

Rogue's pretty much a totally different character from who she was just a year ago.

Married,
    lost leadership position,
    no position or role within the X-men,
    Powers royally F....d up!,
    recent friendships forgotten

I'm genuinely just conflicted with KTs writing, I really want to enjoy it, I like her and her love of the characters, but it's all just too weird at times, the biggest most weirdest thing of all.....

The 'evolution' of Rogues powers, ......I just can't.......I........just can't go there yet...............I don't think i like it........like, at all!
    This might be the one thing that has triggered me the most! What's KT thinking!, she needs to sell this asap.

I don't give a **** if Gambit fanboys and Girls piss and moan about Rogue getting more panel time, this needs to be addressed quickly, it's yet another power-set change when we'd finally got some stability and compromise to her power set. She had the Flying brick and the absorption powers, with the limitation of physical contact, Done, sorted, move on.

But no Rogue has now become invasive of everyone around her, like telepaths are............but yeah, lemme cut this rant short, cos I've got nothin' good to say on the subject...............It's just irritating me not knowing anything about it, even though I'm buying a book about it......ya get me?

The art in MMX is hard work too. I like the look of everything else on page other than Rogue and Gambit. Gambit looks basic af and Rogue has a child like face on a woman's' body, it's unnerving. The art of a book is HUGE, MASSIVE deal breaker for me.
    It was really nice in R&G but MMX not so much.

That'll do for now

End of Vent

So.....How are you other Rogue fans doing?

I've really enjoyed Kelly Thompson's writing. I liked Rogue with the flying brick and uncontrollable-touch powers. She finally started using the inhibitor collar, so that seemed like a win-win.
    I too hope she gets the power set resolved , I'll give Ms. Thompson the benefit of the doubt and assume she has something good in mind.

As far as Rogue appearing in other X-books, I'd definitely like to see more of her, both with the X-men and even with the avengers. but I assume marvel is trying to get people to buy MR&MRS-X by confining R & G to that book.

I have to agree 100% about the art. I really wish the could have kept the artist from R&G on this ongoing. The women in MR&MRS X all look like they have the big round heads from the Peanuts comic strip.
    If marvel is going to try out a new book with 2 of their biggest X-Stars , and with a good writer, why not put your best foot forward with art as well and get an established high-quality artist who can draw in readers.
    Bad art is a big turnoff, and a new book like this can't afford to be bogged down with amateurish art.

Even most of the covers have not been the greatest, which is surprising because Dodson has done some great work in the past. He just seems to be phoning it in with most of these.

Astonishing Member

Not really. She went from having control of touch based absorption power to having no control of touch based absorption powers to no control of no longer touched based absorption powers. She’s not like Synch, she ‘absorbs’ the people around her, (knocks them out) , not just copies their powers. So as of now she has to wear the nullifying collar (now a bracelet) all the time. I doubt that development sticks around long term, so we’ll how it resolves.

Once marvel decided to ax UA, (which was before Zub even started and most of the time she was in UA, she wasn’t the leader)the leadership thing was gone too. Even if Aaron wanted her in the main avengers title, she wasn’t going to be leader over Cap and Black Panther. I’m also slightly annoyed that so many people consider being ‘the leader’ the be all and end all of character development...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I’m also slightly annoyed that so many people consider being ‘the leader’ the be all and end all of character development...
    It's better character development than this embarassing Romy nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    If that is indeed 616 Rogue, I hope so... bc her having to resort to a damn dampener is getting on my last nerve!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

KT wanted to pull a CC forgetting that what made Rogue's power uncontrollable-er back then was the mix of Skrull and Kree genes in Rogue.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    If that is indeed 616 Rogue, I hope so... bc her having to resort to a damn dampener is getting on my last nerve!
    I lol'ed hard at the last nerve! comment

Nice art on your facebook page, I hadn't seen some of those covers and fanart, thanks

BANNED

What's happening to this iconic character? It's like her importance is being lost in this little marriage book.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

The marriage and the couple's book are an opportunity.
    Both characters could be in limbo but instead they have their own little corner on the x-men universe were they are the main characterters instead of Cyclops or Jean's sidekick.
    I prefer to read about Rogue in a book she has to share only with Gambit to no Rogue at all or to a minor character in a team book

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Exactly, Even Rogues bridal party was totally impersonal to the Rogue of the past 15 years.

Rogues last meaningful interaction with Iceman was when he was in her squad at the beginning of Mike Careys long run. He then when on to sleep with her mother (or reveal that they had slept together - I got bored and tuned out so I can't remember the details). Mystique then went on to shoot Rogue.
    Yes, Rogue might not know of the relationship between Iceman and Mystique but we the readers do.
    Yeah, that's the last thing I remember with Bobby too. I'm surprised at how much Mystique became the X-Men's bicycle, though, as she is the mother of Rogue and Kurt. And considering what she's done to them I'm pretty sure that would be a deal breaker for me.

Nightcrawler; Some people seem to assume that they were foster siblings, raised together, not in the 616 universe they were't. There's been very little interaction between the two within the last 15 years. He was fisted to death right in-front of her by Bastion, yet Rogue wasn't even shown at his funeral.
    The next time they met was long after his resurrection during AXIS. There was no sentiment between the two, no heartfelt reunion, nothing.Y'know I'm surprised at how much Mystique became the X-Men's bicycle as she is the mother of Rogue and Kurt. And considering what she's done to them I'm pretty sure that would be a deal breaker for me.
    I think people who are not as versed in X-Men heard Kurt was raised with a foster sister and are getting her mixed up with Amanda maybe. Kurt's relations are all over the place. Nightcrawlers funeral was ****. That was just another thing to add to its list of awfulness. I really do miss the interaction between Rogue and Kurt and I really liked the way they played off each other in the Claremont days, especially.

I always rather liked this 90's moment...

I was always annoyed at the fact that Kurt never asked Rogue about Mystique. I mean something like "Rogue, tell me about my mother..." but nothing. Zilch. And neither of them seem to know or comment on how many X-Men have been with her sexually. It's just... odd.

We did get this, though recently with them.

I found this online. I don't know what they are crying about but it's probably Mystique. She has such a habit of spreading misery even her kids aren't immune.

Where were Wasp, Synapse, Sunfire, Polaris, Rachel just to name a few, characters that have had meaningful interactions with Rogue within the the last 15 years

Sunfire was on UA with Rogue and have a history

Polaris and Rachel were saved and returned to earth by Rogue in X-Men Legacy
    We've seen Rogue form friendships with Wasp and Synapse and other UA members
    I miss the days when continuity at Marvel was a priority. *sigh*
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-05-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    The marriage and the couple's book are an opportunity.
    Both characters could be in limbo but instead they have their own little corner on the x-men universe were they are the main characterters instead of Cyclops or Jean's sidekick.
    I prefer to read about Rogue in a book she has to share only with Gambit to no Rogue at all or to a minor character in a team book
    Let's not act like Rogue would be in limbo if it wasn't for the marriage.

The fact is that Rogue was a huge and important character a year ago (in a team book, even!) and now she's stuck in a satellite book playing wife. You can enjoy the book (I've enjoyed a few issues), but you can't deny what's true.

I love Rogue. I even like her with Gambit. But I want her to keep being relevant and playing a role in engaging story arcs with other characters that aren't Gambit.