Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Ultmate Rogue...still looking for Rogue power grids? Here is the back cover from UnCanny Avengers #28 variiant cover dated December 2017. Note Rogue's strength level was not updated to what it should be with Simon's power.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Incredible Member

An old french cover with Rogue by the late Jean Frisano.
    frisano-special-strange-51-2vmh.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Ultmate Rogue...still looking for Rogue power grids? Here is the back cover from UnCanny Avengers #28 variiant cover dated December 2017. Note Rogue's strength level was not updated to what it should be with Simon's power.
    I was sure to pick one of those up when it was released, the issue has some nice Beast and Wonderman, and Rogue and Wasp scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    An old french cover with Rogue by the late Jean Frisano.
    frisano-special-strange-51-2vmh.jpg
    Cool Thanks, I never knew Rogue had any interaction with the Power Pack

Oof, I stayed up to watch GOT last night (2 bloody am) and watched the two previous episodes before. I'm not a diehard fan and have probably only watched about 14 other episodes but I'm feeling my age today! I'm too old for this shit! gonna need lots of naps today, but it's not looking likely to happen. *yawn*

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Cool Thanks, I never knew Rogue had any interaction with the Power Pack
    That French variant cover may be referencing UnCanny X-Men #195, dated July 1985. (The month and year I turned 20! )
    Http://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_195

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Now, as far as exposing Carol's "true" heritage, I could see this being done by either Mystique or Moonstone. Both of them have a major grudge against Carol and both are master manipulators. My other thought is it may be done by the Kree themselves. Why? Carol's mother was considered a traitor to the Empire. This could be a way for Carol to bare her mother's "shame". I thought of this sort of thing thinking about what happened to Worf in Star Trek the Next Generation.
    As far as the Marcus story goes, the biggest plothole is how did Carol deal with the aftermath? What was her emotional and mental state leading up to her encounter with Rogue? What it looked like is once she escaped Marcus's limbo, Carol tried to deal with the impact of what happened to her by trying to live in denial of who and what she was. If this is true, all it did instead was to set herself up for a big fall. I think Carol will end up at least taking some responsibility for what happened to her way back when in San Francisco. You could also see how this sort of thing could connect to her "true heritage". Either she can accept who and what she is despite what the public thinks (Mutants have been doing this for the last 55 years. Remember Havak's infamous speech? ) or live in denial, which in the end, solves nothing.
    Ah, sorry, missed this from end of last page, worth bringing up on new page, I'm thinkin' it over!

Firstly - Yes to more Moonstone and Mystique, Yikes Carla was vicious as Ms Marvel, but a fun read for me. Maybe Brie Larson is playing Carla playing Carol It all makes sense now
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 04-29-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Secondly - I keep getting distracted by wikia searching Worf, to understand the reference, another rabbit warren of info! Ha, like Star Wars, GOT and other franchises, I seem to enjoy the wikia readings of the planets, species and lore more than the actual shows.

[who knew so many welsh sounding things were in Trek, Dachlyd and Gemarian (species from other worlds) sound so welsh! Funnily enough Patrick Stewart is pulling a Prof X by communicating telepathically with them to broker a peace deal.]

The Next Generation are getting a heroclix set soon
    https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/...beams-heroclix

and Rogue got a Limited edition 'worthy' clix, which atm is one of the most expensive pieces to buy

Thirdly - I sound like a bloody advert pushing plastic crack! Apologies, let the appreciation of Rogue continue;
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 05-01-2019 at 06:14 AM.

As far as what is going on in Carol's book, this isn't the first time someone tried to control her for powerful offspring! Let us go back to August of 1978. The Kree Supreme Inteligence wanted to break and use her to be the mother of new race of powerful Kree. Rogue bares no responsibility for her part of what happened in Carol's book. This is all on Carol's shoulders. For one thing, she doesn't seem to learn from her experiences of the past. If someone in the past would want to exploit her for powerful offspring in the past,it could always happen again. And it would not be be beneath a villian to exploit an innocent like Rogue to achive that end.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I bring to ya'll some pages,

pages from Captain Marvel #004 and Mr and Mrs X #009 to be precise

Same writer, same scenario and same exposition of both characters recalling said scenario from current mindset/position/self

To me this was the dud scene of the issue, well, that one last page above
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 05-02-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Is this to be Rogues new signature move?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I've always loved Rogue's two stripes and the "skunk" stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I've always loved Rogue's two stripes and the "skunk" stripe.

Hello!

I'm a humongous nature nerd, so lets look at the different Skunks

But, they're skunks, they bring with them some nasty connotations of 'stinkyness', they are what they are and that stinkyness has saved them many a time, and good on them. (Disclaimer - No Skunks where I'm from) and then there is the other Skunk (Pot)

So I'd rather have Rogues hair likened to these beauties from now on please, and Thank you

It's a badger, no smells, feisty spirited brawlers, similar to wolverines, great little beingings on this earth.

Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Duly noted.
    A Ha! Coolies,

glad you took it in good humor, without the smileys I can sound like a uptight dork!

These are "funny books"...Good humour should always be taken as the default setting...until it's not.