Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    So lets play a game!

An X-Office run Uncanny Avengers or X Avengers or Avenging X-Men or Xaviers Avengers or sommin', we'll iron out the details as we go

Starting with Rogue and Carol

add one character or minus one character per post, until we get to a total of 10 characters (anyone who misses out could be reserves and supporting cast), and no need to explain choices if you don't want to.

A space venture arc could be a possibility (possibly to the Kree worlds - as I've rarely read anything involving them)
    Try to add some characters from the wider Marvel universe, as to justify the unity aspect

I'll go first + Kitty Pryde

(a return to a happier nerdy, tech help Kitty, doesn't want to lead, happy with the leadership offered, stressed at the idea of a space venture (after the bullet), but knuckles down regardless, a sisterly dynamic with Rogue, something happens to create some tension between her and Carol (nothin' big, just enough to create a dynamic other than Kitty fangirling Carol - Marvel seem to go to this default too often with younger characters towards the Avengers - It just bores me somewhat)
    + Janet Van Dyne (A.K.A. the Wasp)

Brings with her a keen eye for fashion and good PR. With Jan on the team, why not look good while saving the world.

So lets play a game!

An X-Office run Uncanny Avengers or X Avengers or Avenging X-Men or Xaviers Avengers or sommin', we'll iron out the details as we go

Starting with Rogue and Carol

I'll go first + Kitty Pryde
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    + Rachel Grey/Summers

+ Captain America
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    +Simon Willians aka Wonderman

+ Madelyne Pryor
    Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    + Storm
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    + Janet Van Dyne (A.K.A. the Wasp)
    "To me my X-Men, Assemble Sugahs"

I think it's quite the team, formidable, dynamic, sexy, one could say, a marvel!

The final member is a mystery It could be you!

Personal Honorable Mentions

The Hulk; But I don't think he'd give two hoots about unity!

Speed; A speedster can be fun

Northstar and Aurora; Strong characters, can be funny, provocative, brings Alpha Flight into the party!

Gambit; Try to imagine him with this lot, awkward! but fun

Pixie; Why not, don't look at me like that, she's a treat!

Rockslide, Anole, Hellion; For the fun of it all

Scarlet Witch; I want to like her more than I have since her resurrection

Tony Stark; He and Rogue rallying quips back and forth could be fun for a writer

Polaris; I can't get a handle of Polaris's character, but she and Rogue have always been on good terms as far as I know

and so many more.............

"To me my X-Men, Assemble Sugahs"

I think it's quite the team, formidable, dynamic, sexy, one could say, a marvel!

The final member is a mystery It could be you!

Personal Honorable Mentions

The Hulk; But I don't think he'd give two hoots about unity!

Speed; A speedster can be fun

Northstar and Aurora; Strong characters, can be funny, provocative, brings Alpha Flight into the party!

Gambit; Try to imagine him with this lot, awkward! but fun

Pixie; Why not, don't look at me like that, she's a treat!

Rockslide, Anole, Hellion; For the fun of it all

Scarlet Witch; I want to like her more than I have since her resurrection

Tony Stark; He and Rogue rallying quips back and forth could be fun for a writer

Polaris; I can't get a handle of Polaris's character, but she and Rogue have always been on good terms as far as I know

and so many more.............
    awesome picture

I'll go + Polaris

Sooooo, What did we all think of CM #5?

the suspense is unbearable!!!! ha!

Personally, I thought it was 'nice', I get that I'm not the target audience for this book but can see it as being 'nice', not thrilling or exciting but that could just be Carols presence! ha!

I've head-cannoned a scene where Rogue flips a bird at Carol and tells her to never darken her door again ya Yankee Witch, which I think adds a nice touch to the encounter. I'm joking of course ....... or am I?

Pros and Cons

P Lovely art, really cinematic and dynamic

C The villain was a bit dastardly more than credible. The label of misogynist doesn't make me 'arrrg hate' him, maybe he was abused, broken hearted, going through a phase *shrug* I dunno, theres a reason and understanding for everything! Weaponising his son Som was obvs' terrible but we also see him playing with him through his memories so I was always a bit 'meh' on the villain. I liked his design - it could be interesting to see him go up against Gambit maybe.

P I'm glad it's done now, even with Rogue present I wasn't fully engrossed

C Perhaps Carols WORST nightmare, Marcus being acknowledged would of reminded Carol that this part of Rogue narrative has very-much helped Carols narrative to distance her from Marcus. (give yourself a treat if you followed that train of thought! I myself!)

P It was respectful to both characters, neither being perfect or wrong

C This crediting Carols psyche with Rogues heroism is grating, 'snap out' of it Rogue, she should be more confident now than ever 'considering' and while I'm ranting I'm surprised at no mention of the marriage again, is it something were not supposed to talk about? kinda like a Voldemort thing! Carol congratulating Rogue on the nuptials would of given Carol some cred me thinks, a missed opportunity in universe and out.

Some pics

This narrative that KT is trying to push that Rogue became a hero because of Carol's good influence is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    This narrative that KT is trying to push that Rogue became a hero because of Carol's good influence is disgusting.
    Carol herself said that she didn't think that is what made Rogue a hero, she said Rogue was already that kind of person to begin with and that Rogue had too much stubborn will power to be forced down a path by Carol's memories. Generally I thought Carol was saying Rogue would have ended up a hero regardless because it's the kind of person she is deep down.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Carol herself said that she didn't think that is what made Rogue a hero, she said Rogue was already that kind of person to begin with and that Rogue had too much stubborn will power to be forced down a path by Carol's memories. Generally I thought Carol was saying Rogue would have ended up a hero regardless because it's the kind of person she is deep down.
    Yeah, that's how I've read it too. KT is astute enough as to not leave these things questionable, which has its + and -.

KTs Rogue is self chastising and self depreciating, which I'm a bit 'meh' on, but maybe it appeals more to others. I suppose it brings EVO Rogue into 161 Rogue, without the emo look.
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 05-10-2019 at 07:09 AM.

The biggest problem I have with CM#5 is Rogue feeling she needs to say she's sorry. Rogue is deliberately lured by N-Man saying he is Carol (perhaps Rogue trying to trust Carol after what happened back in X-Men Legacy #269.) mind controlled by Carol's Psyco Stalker being forced to fight in combat for this guy's pleasure, and being forced to absorb Carol against her will and she is sorry? The other thing is that Carol doesn't even thank Rogue for her part in ending this mess and only gives Rogue credit behind her back. It's not explained how N-Man got control over Rogue or how he knew so much about Rogue's and Carol's past. The last page may be a clue to the latter. Notice what Carol said about "N-man brought her there to specifically to mess with me". Someone is trying to attack Carol emotionally and psychologically by exploiting Carol's greatest weakness: Her ego . The mess of outing her true heritage may be a yet a strike against Carol's ego.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It looks like it will be The Enchantress who'll 'out' Carol, she's holding a sample of her blood by the looks of it.

Sooooo, What did we all think of CM #5?

the suspense is unbearable!!!! ha!

Personally, I thought it was 'nice', I get that I'm not the target audience for this book but can see it as being 'nice', not thrilling or exciting but that could just be Carols presence! ha!

I've head-cannoned a scene where Rogue flips a bird at Carol and tells her to never darken her door again ya Yankee Witch, which I think adds a nice touch to the encounter. I'm joking of course ....... or am I?

Pros and Cons

P Lovely art, really cinematic and dynamic

C The villain was a bit dastardly more than credible. The label of misogynist doesn't make me 'arrrg hate' him, maybe he was abused, broken hearted, going through a phase *shrug* I dunno, theres a reason and understanding for everything! Weaponising his son Som was obvs' terrible but we also see him playing with him through his memories so I was always a bit 'meh' on the villain. I liked his design - it could be interesting to see him go up against Gambit maybe.

P I'm glad it's done now, even with Rogue present I wasn't fully engrossed

C Perhaps Carols WORST nightmare, Marcus being acknowledged would of reminded Carol that this part of Rogue narrative has very-much helped Carols narrative to distance her from Marcus. (give yourself a treat if you followed that train of thought! I myself!)

P It was respectful to both characters, neither being perfect or wrong

C This crediting Carols psyche with Rogues heroism is grating, 'snap out' of it Rogue, she should be more confident now than ever 'considering' and while I'm ranting I'm surprised at no mention of the marriage again, is it something were not supposed to talk about? kinda like a Voldemort thing! Carol congratulating Rogue on the nuptials would of given Carol some cred me thinks, a missed opportunity in universe and out.

Some pics

I'm glad for one that they didn't mention Rogue's marriage. its irrelevant in this story and future ones. She's married big whoop, I wish she wasn't but them the brakes. I just pray they aren't always in the same book.
    I did like how Carol states that they would never be friends which i'm ok with. Those two were not meant to be friends no matter how much people want them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    I'm glad for one that they didn't mention Rogue's marriage. its irrelevant in this story and future ones. She's married big whoop, I wish she wasn't but them the brakes. I just pray they aren't always in the same book.
    I did like how Carol states that they would never be friends which i'm ok with. Those two were not meant to be friends no matter how much people want them to be.
    I'd prefer it if it was Rogue who said they'd never be friends, but yeah 'them the brakes'. If their had been a deluge of Carol fans coming here to sing Rogues praises then it would of been worth having Rogue be 'humble' but alas no such appreciation from them.

I'd prefer it if it was Rogue who said they'd never be friends, but yeah 'them the brakes'. If their had been a deluge of Carol fans coming here to sing Rogues praises then it would of been worth having Rogue be 'humble' but alas no such appreciation from them.
    Of course not. I visited that cesspool some not all were more for carol getting a win over Rogue. For once i'm glad the two didn't duke it out for their own sakes. It shows that both characters can have (some) mutual respect for each other. I just WISH writters would stop having Rogue apologize. I wish Rogue would have slapped Jess right upside head talking that mess. FTS Where is Rachel when you need her lol

The problem I see is we don't know how Rogue really feels about Carol because everything Rogue feels towards Carol is seen through a lens of guilt. Rogue should have been angry being sucked into Carol's mess. Instead, the guilt she's been forced to carry for nearly 40 years made her say she was sorry for something that was not her fault. Yes, CAROL'S MESS. If Carol wants to be the most popular hero in the world, she should expect to have Psychotic Stalkers to deal with. It comes with the territory. Ever hear of John Hinkley, Jr? He was so obsessed with a young actress, he tried to kill the President of the U.S. to "prove" his love.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Of course not. I visited that cesspool some not all were more for carol getting a win over Rogue. For once i'm glad the two didn't duke it out for their own sakes. It shows that both characters can have (some) mutual respect for each other. I just WISH writters would stop having Rogue apologize. I wish Rogue would have slapped Jess right upside head talking that mess. FTS Where is Rachel when you need her lol
    *chuckle*

Watch ya don't get cooties over there. I've visited once in awhile too, and seen the same lack of knowledge. Mikeb has been holding his own over there, trying to enlighten them! but some of the current Carol fans here are fawning over the Rhodey relationship more than being interested in facts and Carols character and dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    The problem I see is we don't know how Rogue really feels about Carol because everything Rogue feels towards Carol is seen through a lens of guilt. Rogue should have been angry being sucked into Carol's mess. Instead, the guilt she's been forced to carry for nearly 40 years made her say she was sorry for something that was not her fault. Yes, CAROL'S MESS. If Carol wants to be the most popular hero in the world, she should expect to have Psychotic Stalkers to deal with. It comes with the territory. Ever hear of John Hinkley, Jr? He was so obsessed with a young actress, he tried to kill the President of the U.S. to "prove" his love.
    Yeah I agree, I would defend and understand a Rogue being livid/furious/vengeful at the incident.

One day maybe, or an alternate reality, or animation, or film version, Ooooh.

Rogue can be forgiven having that edge to her! She's ROGUE after all.
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 05-10-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Yeah I agree, I would defend and understand a Rogue being livid/furious/vengeful at the incident.

One day maybe, or an alternate reality, or animation, or film version, Ooooh.

Rogue can be forgiven having that edge to her! She's ROGUE after all.
    Angry, yes but tempered with an understanding about why happened. It would have helped if Carol would have taken some responsibility for the events that took place. I also don't think this is going to be the last time we see Rogue in Kelly's CM book. Why bring in Rogue so early? The unknown figure plotting revenge against Carol may have supplied N-Man with the knowledge of Rogue's and Carol's past. What else does a person know and what is their motivation? Is that vile of suspected Carol blood proof of Carol's heritage or could this person be planning to use it on themselves to try to make themselves Carol's equal? I was thinking, how could Carol pass the Air Force physical without giving a blood sample? I have thought of who this person is plotting revenge against Carol is, but it's totally weird and way, way, way, WAY far in left field.