Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

You're right, in that time it was different...Storm looks so washed out in white, and i like that the headdress adds character and tradition. I feel Gambit's "Jim Lee" holds him back nowadays from moving on/evolving.

Rogue looks like she's about to win the World cup for Brazil

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    You're right, in that time it was different...Storm looks so washed out in white, and i like that the headdress adds character and tradition. I feel Gambit's "Jim Lee" holds him back nowadays from moving on/evolving.

Rogue looks like she's about to win the World cup for Brazil
    I agree with the bolded so hard. I like that costume but find it annoying they keep putting him back in it with only slight variations
    Make Good Art

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously! (especially about Gambit)
    I get that they are very iconic looks but...the costume envelope could be pushed and re-invented. Especially as this is being touted as the start of a NEW Seminal Era for the franchise.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #246 Jul 1989
    "The Day of Other Lights!"
    Dazzler looks into the Siege Perilous and sees herself dying whilst Wolverine decides to leave to take care of some business.
    Carol Danvers in control of Rogue's body visits her little brother's grave and Senator Kelly says no to funding for new sentinel projects.
    Nimrod gets turned into Master Mold and is then attacked by Carol.

In the midst of the battle Senator Kelly’s wife, Sharon, is shot by Nimrod's eye blasts.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Marc Silvestri and Dan Green.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Good eye! Very fashionable!

i honestly love that color scheme for rogue. the black and green is pretty much timeless.the yellow is so outdated.

For me her 90s uniform has been her best look, with this as a close second:

I really like the 90s jacket. Keep that element and I am likely sold on the rest of the costume.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    i honestly love that color scheme for rogue. the black and green is pretty much timeless.the yellow is so outdated.
    Agreed. The only time the yellow with green colors ever sparked any interest for me was during Rogue's excursion into Jim Lee's Savage Land.

I think, maybe my top three fave looks for Rogue are;

In at 3rd...

I Luvvv this pic, Gorgeous and Powerful. hmm, maybe this is my fave! *doubting myself now* these three looks are all equally great to me, but I'll carry on regardless.

2nd fave....

This look has the potential to be my absolute fave, simple, stylish, classic. Her little black dress, of sorts.

And possibly my absolute fave.....

A modern southern belle! as in, figure hugging but kinda conservative and feminine but kinda practical. (practical, as in, keeps everything in place during drinking sessions! - k my only frame of reference I have of a modern southern belle were those funny drunkards from that 'party down south' reality show. I loved that show. Strangely it all seemed so familiar, it reminded me of my teens and home town shenanigans!!)

My only reservation about this look was that it always looked like a 'medics' outfit to me, kinda like a sexy nurse, but the bomber jacket solved that.

I've been thinking that all they need to do to the 90ties outfit would be to change the brown bomber jacket to a yellow/orange (same color as that poncho?, sweater? she worn in the 80ties) bomber jacket. Sage and Cypher were wearing similar jackets in HoX, it seems to be a uniform.

In 1999, Alan Davis gave Rogue a new costume. It basically was an updated version of her Outback outfit. (It even included a jacket.) Sadly, the costume was only used for 2 issues and was never seen again. I'd love to see Rogue in this again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm gonna just blurt it out!

Fire in the hole!

Can Magneto sustain his own existence through the absorption of life force without killing the source of said life force? - cos Rogue can!
    Can Jean shoot optic blasts? - cos Rogue can!
    Can Jamie Braddock handle multiple psyches within his head? pfft he can't even handle his own! - cos Rogue has
    Can Robert Drake combine several powers at a time? - cos Rogue does
    Can Joshua Foley fly through the clouds? - cos Rogue can
    Can David Haller keep hold of his own psyche while manifesting powers? - cos Rogue has learnt too
    Can Kevin MacTaggert control himself? - cos Rogue does
    Can Absolon Mercator claim to have been a fan favorite mainstay? - cos Rogue can
    Can Ororo Munroe alter her dna with a simple touch? - cos Rogue does
    Can Bennet du Paris lay claim to even a single character arc? - cos Rogue can
    Can Quentin Quire keep his trap shut? - cos Rogue does
    Can Franklin Richards utilize the physical abilities of others - cos Rogue can
    Can Gabriel Summers cohabit with others without being a terrible bossy boots? - cos Rogue does
    Can Hope Summers Manipulate the powers of Gods n aliens and others? - cos Rogue can

No people, any discussion on power that diminishes and derides Rogues dominant power that has been shown to have undefinable upper limits is downright trite.

And don't give me that crap about control and capacity to handle said powers, see Legion, Proteus, Jean, Jamie, all have struggled with their powers at times, and there is nothing in this new classification 'explanation' of such control stipulations.

My point being that it shouldn't be about our personal preferences (fans, writers, editors) of whether we don't want Rogue to be OP, it's canon, there, in these dem books, always has been. Hope Summers has a definable upper limit, in that her power only works on mutants, it's a definition on her powers.

Anyways, get yo shit together X-Office, just sayin' it's a huge plot hole that not all of us have the bliss of ignorance to be able to dismiss so easily.

Oh and...

The Omega Protocol is foreboding.

While it is believed that a greater dynamo is possible by collective means, it is a current priority for the mutant nation of Krakoa to protect and nurture its greatest natural resource: Omega level mutants.

I'm thinkin' some of these omegas are gonna be in the cross-hairs.

https://twitter.com/GlebMelnikov8/st...38809025032192

Another take on Rogue with the jacket. Other than the boots and short hair, I like it.
    Last edited by MikaelNovasun; 07-29-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post

https://twitter.com/GlebMelnikov8/st...38809025032192

Another take on Rogue with the jacket. Other than the boots and short hair, I like it.
    I like the costume, but I agree about the hair. She looks a little too much like Eva Bell.

Also, not sure if anyone's seen this yet. By John Tyler Christopher. TBH, it's not my favorite costume of hers, but I love the art. It's currently my phone's background

9u3pcpgogvb31.jpg
    Last edited by Sandmans_Raven; 07-29-2019 at 10:04 AM. Reason: spelling
    Make Good Art

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I like the costume, but I agree about the hair. She looks a little too much like Eva Bell.
    Excuse me . I'm going to have to correct you. Eva Bell looks like Rogue. Not the other way around.

lol I hate when artist cant come up with new characters and just use derivatives.

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    Excuse me . I'm going to have to correct you. Eva Bell looks like Rogue. Not the other way around.

lol I hate when artist cant come up with new characters and just use derivatives.
    ha! fair enough
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    I'm gonna just blurt it out!

Fire in the hole!

Can Magneto sustain his own existence through the absorption of life force without killing the source of said life force? - cos Rogue can!
    Can Jean shoot optic blasts? - cos Rogue can!
    Can Jamie Braddock handle multiple psyches within his head? pfft he can't even handle his own! - cos Rogue has
    Can Robert Drake combine several powers at a time? - cos Rogue does
    Can Joshua Foley fly through the clouds? - cos Rogue can
    Can David Haller keep hold of his own psyche while manifesting powers? - cos Rogue has learnt too
    Can Kevin MacTaggert control himself? - cos Rogue does
    Can Absolon Mercator claim to have been a fan favorite mainstay? - cos Rogue can
    Can Ororo Munroe alter her dna with a simple touch? - cos Rogue does
    Can Bennet du Paris lay claim to even a single character arc? - cos Rogue can
    Can Quentin Quire keep his trap shut? - cos Rogue does
    Can Franklin Richards utilize the physical abilities of others - cos Rogue can
    Can Gabriel Summers cohabit with others without being a terrible bossy boots? - cos Rogue does
    Can Hope Summers Manipulate the powers of Gods n aliens and others? - cos Rogue can

No people, any discussion on power that diminishes and derides Rogues dominant power that has been shown to have undefinable upper limits is downright trite.

And don't give me that crap about control and capacity to handle said powers, see Legion, Proteus, Jean, Jamie, all have struggled with their powers at times, and there is nothing in this new classification 'explanation' of such control stipulations.

My point being that it shouldn't be about our personal preferences (fans, writers, editors) of whether we don't want Rogue to be OP, it's canon, there, in these dem books, always has been. Hope Summers has a definable upper limit, in that her power only works on mutants, it's a definition on her powers.

Anyways, get yo shit together X-Office, just sayin' it's a huge plot hole that not all of us have the bliss of ignorance to be able to dismiss so easily.

Oh and...

The Omega Protocol is foreboding.

While it is believed that a greater dynamo is possible by collective means, it is a current priority for the mutant nation of Krakoa to protect and nurture its greatest natural resource: Omega level mutants.

I'm thinkin' some of these omegas are gonna be in the cross-hairs.
    It seems so stupid to me that even Rogue, with control and with new avenues, is still a potential omega and not a confirmed omega, it is ridiculous, she had to be confirmed from xtremeX-Men that one of her advances was seen, or in xmlegacy when she showed an increasingly large potential with control, and now not even with its new increases in powers, and this is only the beginning ..

We know she is, but why not confirm it at once.

I love almost everyone who is in that ranking, but Rogue potentially and in gross power, is more powerful than almost everyone who is on that list, especially Hope who is quite weak in the field of imitating powers, Rogue is better and does many many more things than just copying powers.

Without fear of saying Rogue when in control, and with all his achievements, he is more powerful than Jean Gray, Storm, Iceman, Exodus, Proteus Rachel, and especially Hope's useless, Rogue is superior Hope Summers in all aspects of power that they share similar, Rogue is better handling multiple powers and does not wear out, and Rogue's powers are many more than just imitating powers, she many different things ..

It is ridiculous that she who is more powerful than almost everyone on that list, even a possible omega and not a confirmed omega, proque more powerful and with much more potential is. and much more now with its new power advances.

In short, Rogue is an omega level mutant, they just need to be mentioned on paper.

They remember how useless many omega mutants were against the celestial (storm iceman rachel etc) that was going to destroy the earth, and that Rogue with his pdoeres had to save the earth, the same happened with the hecatomb and the 8 billion entities Cable and iceman were useless.

Technically and with hehcos Rogue is the most powerful x men, this seems stupid to me, and more being Hope omega, when I pray is better in everything and is of greater potential.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 07-29-2019 at 11:13 AM.