Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Bravo, that and I just say, Rogue she was increasingly advanced in control, and Hope proved to be very mediocre handling multiple powers, while Rogue we know is excellent in January, and does not wear out when she does, Hope yes, where You see Hope is super limited, so that list is just crap, and hopefully Hickman notices, and gives the southern respect it deserves.
    Was Rogue able to manipulate the powers of all the latent mutants across the globe that existed post-M-Day by activating their X-genes? You keep focusing on mimicry but thats not what Hope is listed as an omega for. Mimicry is her primary power, but she has more than that. As a baby she healed Rogue from the Strain 88 virus and reset her powers and psyche. Her birth released a massive amount of psionic energy that destroyed Cerebro. She can jump start mutant powers and stabilize them, which we saw her do in Generation Hope. It was theorized that she could subconciously enhance other mutant's powers in one of her earlier appearances coming back to present day. She lacks skill and experience but she's been portrayed as extremely powerful since her very first appearance. Even with her mimcry, she was able to mimic every mutant on Utopia simultaneously and defeat Bastion and destroy his impenetrable dome that even the FF, Avengers and Dr. Strange couldnt breach.

As an omega, she has unmeasurable potential. She hasnt had much character development since Generation Hope so there is still alot about her abilities that is unknown. Most writers tend to focus on guns in terms of how she is utilized for combat and is rarely put in situations where she would need to test the limits of her powers. Again thats bc she's largely been MIA for years post AvX, but only now becoming relevant again
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-30-2019 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Was Rogue able to manipulate the powers of all the latent mutants across the globe that existed post-M-Day by activating their X-genes? You keep focusing on mimicry but thats not what Hope is listed as an omega for. Mimicry is her primary power, but she has more than that. As a baby she healed Rogue from the Strain 88 virus and reset her powers and psyche. Her birth released a massive amount of psionic energy that destroyed Cerebro. She can jump start mutant powers and stabilize them, which we saw her do in Generation Hope. It was theorized that she could subconciously enhance other mutant's powers in one of her earlier appearances coming back to present day. She lacks skill and experience but she's been portrayed as extremely powerful since her very first appearance. Even with her mimcry, she was able to mimic every mutant on Utopia simultaneously and defeat Bastion and destroy his impenetrable dome that even the FF, Avengers and Dr. Strange couldnt breach.

As an omega, she has unmeasurable potential. She hasnt had much character development since Generation Hope so there is still alot about her abilities that is unknown. Most writers tend to focus on guns in terms of how she is utilized for combat and is rarely put in situations where she would need to test the limits of her powers. Again thats bc she's largely been MIA for years post AvX, but only now becoming relevant again
    Eyes up soldier, be aware of your surroundings and read the room (or thread title). You're pissing into the wind, dude.

But if you insist on leaving these flaming bags of crap at our doorstep then I'm gonna have to boot it right back at ya.

On the strain 88 - Hopes power had not even been decided upon at the time, the writers told us so at the time. The clue to as what happened there was the skin contact, Hope was probably meant to be a healer in early development and Rogue, even while unconscious absorbed the ability - but details were so sketchy at the time and even now that it can't be attributed to either character.

"Was Rogue able to manipulate the powers of all the latent mutants across the globe that existed post-M-Day by activating their X-genes?" - You've elaborated and head-canoned this way too much, Hope basically through plot device was given the 'feats' of what Xavier had been doing for years, in that Cerebro was used to find new mutants who's powers were flaring, then Hope would miraculously solve the new mutants power surge (basically making a mockery of a huge chunk of what Xavier had to offer the X-men, it took him years and character arcs to help the struggling new mutants, Hope being a creators pet was bigger, faster, moooaarrr powerful, pfft)

I've gone from supportive of her and her books to wanting her killed off - no f'king way has she and the current x-office earnt (through sales, stories and concepts) the right to diminish and break Rogue, POWER MANIPULATION is what Rogue has got 30 years worth of stories to show.

X-Men Rogue = Broken, pitiful, cautionary tale, ashamed of her birthright, diminished to prop up dull AF characters
    Uncanny Avenger Rogue = Flourishing, independent, High flying, living Xaviers dream, exciting to read, An exemplar
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 07-31-2019 at 03:59 AM.

With the upcoming Excalibur series, my biggest concern is that Betsy will go back to being the English upper-class snob she was in the late 1980s. I never understood why Betsy back then had so much animosity towards Rogue. The only thing I can think of is it was a class thing. Betsy was an English aristocrat in her early to mid thirty's. In contrast, Rogue was a hick from the sticks American ruffian or hooligan (The later word I used because of the so-called English "soccer hooligans" youth who have made trouble at soccer games in Europe going back decades.) in her very late teens to being about 20. There is a scene during Inferno where Rogue and Betsy have a confrontation with Sabertooth. Betsy ends up mind-blasting him senseless. Rogue states "Drat! Ah wanted that pleasure. Betsy reply (I'm sure a very haughty English accent.) Hardly a lady like reaction. Rogue reply's "Ain't no lady, sugar." This to me is an example of why I think Betsy looked down on Rogue based on class alone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    ew someone in Excalibur thread found previews, Rogue has hideous bangs. Like in Golgotha story. Bad memories lol dont like that look for her at all
    You had me worried there, but naw, she looks lovely...

When bangs were mentioned I was having flash backs of Rafa Sandovals bangs......

*shudder*
    (He's been doing some great work for DC, another artist that should credit Rogue as a character that has helped honed his art)

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I see there is varying opinions on Rogue going back to her 90s look. I'm all for it. But if she does get a drastic re-design, what should her colors be:

1.) green and white

2.) green and black (late 80s colors)

3.) green and yellow (90s look)

4.) light and dark green (original color scheme

I vote of green and black or yellow and green (even though I think that's Jean's colors again.
    I've always loved monochrome, Zebras, Pandas, Penguins (Welsh named, didja ya know), Badgers, etc, so I'd like Black and White with Green and Yellow and a tini tiny bit of Red.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    With the upcoming Excalibur series, my biggest concern is that Betsy will go back to being the English upper-class snob she was in the late 1980s. I never understood why Betsy back then had so much animosity towards Rogue. The only thing I can think of is it was a class thing. Betsy was an English aristocrat in her early to mid thirty's. In contrast, Rogue was a hick from the sticks American ruffian or hooligan (The later word I used because of the so-called English "soccer hooligans" youth who have made trouble at soccer games in Europe going back decades.) in her very late teens to being about 20. There is a scene during Inferno where Rogue and Betsy have a confrontation with Sabertooth. Betsy ends up mind-blasting him senseless. Rogue states "Drat! Ah wanted that pleasure. Betsy reply (I'm sure a very haughty English accent.) Hardly a lady like reaction. Rogue reply's "Ain't no lady, sugar." This to me is an example of why I think Betsy looked down on Rogue based on class alone.
    Yeah, Brits get defaulted to villain or arrogant snobs far too often, We do have a variety of characters, backgrounds and circumstances to offer. That's one reason why Pixie is so refreshing.

'I think' I've read Betsy being condescending towards Rogue somewhere, but also you could interpret that as Betsy just being guiding towards a younger brash (to her) girl. It is a feature of upper class aristocracy to jump through perceived hoops of behavior, finishing schools and so on.

Rogue interacting with Betsy is absolutely the thing that I'm looking forward to the most, I hope they behave and commune in a more experienced, worldly wise manner towards each other now, they've both gone through the mill recently, both fanbases have had to adapt to and accept some ...... umm ...... stuff, so it would be nice to see them be comradely, both haven't had much/if any from the other X-Men for yonks!

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I like Rogue's bangs in the preview pages it looks lovely
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The bangs work...if a tad understated and common.
    As I've said time and again...White Stripe "skunk hair" Rogue is my ultimate fave. That was when she was most distinctive, visually.
    And I hope we see a return of the true auburn colour rather than the brown.

Ugh... I just wish they would do away w/that uniform already. The upside i hear she is getting a new look. I hope its brawler-esque like. I was just as shocked as a lot of people when I didn't see Rogue's name on the Omega list. If that's the case then she should be a really high Alpha level mutant w/potential to being an Omega. Then again I remember them always stating that she is the most dangerous mutant. I could be wrong but I swear I read that somewhere.

Is Eva Bell Rogue's Sister or alternate reality daughter. Why is she the spinning image of Rogue.

0068d3805a95b7ce3023f00d9d14e4cb--xmen-comic-books.jpg

I don't regret buying Bendis excellent X-Men run, I admit one of the reasons I bought it was because I thought Eva was Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Is Eva Bell Rogue's Sister or alternate reality daughter. Why is she the spinning image of Rogue.

0068d3805a95b7ce3023f00d9d14e4cb--xmen-comic-books.jpg

I don't regret buying Bendis excellent X-Men run, I admit one of the reasons I bought it was because I thought Eva was Rogue
    No. Eva Bell is a 616 character with absolutely no connection to Rogue

Homage!:

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Ugh... I just wish they would do away w/that uniform already. The upside i hear she is getting a new look. I hope its brawler-esque like. I was just as shocked as a lot of people when I didn't see Rogue's name on the Omega list. If that's the case then she should be a really high Alpha level mutant w/potential to being an Omega. Then again I remember them always stating that she is the most dangerous mutant. I could be wrong but I swear I read that somewhere.
    That IS her new look. The cover shows her in the 90s costume - complete with headband, though it looks like that won't actually be visible due to her bangs, which she doesn't have on the cover. It seems her new look is her 90s costume with a more modern hairstyle.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That IS her new look. The cover shows her in the 90s costume - complete with headband, though it looks like that won't actually be visible due to her bangs, which she doesn't have on the cover. It seems her new look is her 90s costume with a more modern hairstyle.
    Nah, Marcus To actually said that she’s going through a small change of sorts in the first arc which is why she’s wearing that costume. She’ll be getting a newer one later on.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Nah, Marcus To actually said that she’s going through a small change of sorts in the first arc which is why she’s wearing that costume. She’ll be getting a newer one later on.
    Oh, thank God! Thank you for this!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Oh, thank God! Thank you for this!
    My thoughts EXACTLY!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Homage!:

Man that looks like crap compared to Jim Lee's work. I swear Jim lee gave the women he drew some good muscle definition. I always hated it when artist drew Rogue or any other female character with spaghetti arms