Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Eh, people don’t always fit into neat boxes, the majority of the south isn’t conservative Republicans, they tend to be what are known as blue dog democrats. And in some cases/ issues case republicans are more likely to against federal government power over reach. I do think we can all agree Anderson cooper doesn’t know much about comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Plus she literally stepped on Captain Bigot America to let her team continue with finding the cure for the Terrigen Mist killing her people while everyone else sits idly by. Yeah, she’s definitely not a Republican.
    Can You explain this? I don't live in us so I don't have big knowledge about Republicans.
    yet from what I have heard...
    democrats = more social which means that goverment should solve Your problems.
    Republicans = less social which means that You should create Your life.

That's a very succinct way of putting it Xelossik, and there seems to be some truth in what you've been told. I once thought I'd figured out the differences between parties, but no, it all just gets more muddled as you notice more stuff, as it is within British party politics. The lefties and rights all just make one big circle of accusations and shouting towards each other, with centrists in the middle puzzled by the obvious similarities between the lefts and rights with their pleas of "come on guys, can't we all just get along" being drowned out while trying, but mostly failing to dodge ALL the mud slingin'. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whats bigoted about Cap? (Bigot: a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.) His whole stick is that he is a man out of his time. Culture had changed. Society had changed. It's all there in his origins. He's meant to be all like "What da'fuq!" about all sorts of stuff, then he has an experience that brings an epiphany and understanding, and thereby giving his young readers food for thought, rinse, wash, repeat. There's no malice or bigotry there, or if it's there then it's a plot point. I'm just considering whether Marvel would really write Cap as a bigot, or Colossus as a sex-pest, seems counter-intuitive to me, not at all likely. But each to their own, suppose.

Anyways, Rogue should see party politics as a grift, a bunch o' work shy, snake oil salespeople making themselves look important. Her roots could give her a mistrust of authority and spiel. Her initial and long lasting attitude towards Gambit shows she's intuitive of and suspicious of grift tactics. She's got more pressing matters to see too than the infinite muddle that is party politics. imo. She'd more often than not be too polite to tell any campaigners her real thoughts of doubts and critique towards humanities systems, though, most of the X-Men probably feel disenfranchised by politics by now.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Rogue has NEVER killed anyone with her mutation in its original form. The only time Rogue had the "Death Touch" was when she was affected by Strain 88 and that was purged by baby Hope. Mr.Cooper should do some research before he opens his big mouth. ( No wonder CNN's ratings are in the CRAPPER! )
    Its called a hyperbole

BANNED

If she was a Republican, Magneto would of called her out on that from day one.

Iam I the only one who hates rogue being able to take powers from a distance? It just makes her too much like mimic and that brat hope. I really wish they just focused on rogues recall ability if they wanted to expand her abilities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Iam I the only one who hates rogue being able to take powers from a distance? It just makes her too much like mimic and that brat hope. I really wish they just focused on rogues recall ability if they wanted to expand her abilities.
    As long as she still at class 100+ strength I don't mind her stnaching power from a distance as long as she has a limited say like approximation and one victim at a time -- not five at a thought.
    Last edited by Shreene; 08-27-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    I'm not a fan of it, either. Honestly, I just wish they had said Rogue's powers work automatically and that's just how it goes. There are lots of people who go through life with an uncurable illness or an untreatable condition and it's inspiring to read their stories. I'd prefer it if they just focused on Rogue's acceptance of her powers and how the good outweighs the bad and that she can still live a full life despite the downsides. Her powers used to make her relatable to a certain group of people that normally don't get represented in comics and I'm sad that that's been taken away from the character.

I actually really like the new power development. They compliment her brawler persona, in a way that "if you come anywhere near me, you're going to have a bad time". It makes her very effective against other melee characters, but still vulnerable to long-range or psychic attacks.

Also a couple of things that make her new upgrade different from Hope, Synch, etc...

a) No separating what she gets ala Legacy Rogue. She gets everything or nothing.
    b) potential to hurt an ally if too close
    c) from what we've seen, it drains significantly slower than her normal touch. She was draining Mojo for what seemed like forever and he still wasn't very effected. Same for her fight with Captain Marvel, just draining a bit every time she got close.This may also be reason to sometimes opt into just using her regular absorption, if physical contact speeds up the process or is more intense.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I feel like I haven't really seen her new powers in action much yet to be able to make much of an opinion, but I think I'll take it over her not being able to touch anyone.
    Make Good Art

Judging by the Excalibur #2 solicit, something's going wrong with her. So maybe the current status quo won't be staying?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    If she was a Republican, Magneto would of called her out on that from day one.
    No chance Rogue would be a republican. She’s a member of an oppressed minority group actively fighting to promote social justice, she even promotes justice for groups to which she doesn't belong. Her principles are completely antithetical to those of the Republican party.

Nothing about Rogue screams Republican. Thats just a way to stereotype her bc she's from the South but guess what not everyone from there is or else the votes would be closer to >80% which they arent

I don't know if Rogue is a republican or not but i remember once while chasing a baseball she did kiss a Reagan looking president riding in Air Force One thru the window.
    I wanta be Rogue when i grow up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nothing about Rogue screams Republican. Thats just a way to stereotype her bc she's from the South but guess what not everyone from there is or else the votes would be closer to >80% which they arent
    White people in the Deep South vote >80% Republican.