Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

#BLESSED. Thanks Famdom!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    #BLESSED. Thanks Famdom!
    *chuckle*

How about some music, because it's Thursday.

80's Punk Rogue by Jen Bartel

and look here, Alannah Myles rocks the Rogue look, She has class.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Jen Bartel's stuff is always great
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    She was supposed to be 17 when she debuted, so not much older than than when she joined the team. It wouldn't have been that long in comics time.
    I always thought she was closer to 40 soemthing when she debuted but was deaged when she joined the X-men

I remember her coming across much older in Dazzler (in addition to how she was drawn), but when Claremont wanted her to join the X-men, she was drawn and written more innocent and child-like to give off the appearance of a teenager, which was not the case in her early issues

Last edited by Havok83; 09-12-2019 at 09:53 AM.

I'm pretty sure Michael Golden has said she was always supposed to be a teenager, but he hair threw people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I always thought she was closer to 40 soemthing when she debuted but was deaged when she joined the X-men

I remember her coming across much older in Dazzler (in addition to how she was drawn), but when Claremont wanted her to join the X-men, she was drawn and written more innocent and child-like to give off the appearance of a teenager, which was not the case in her early issues
    This gets brought up often, It's all in this CBR article ....

https://www.cbr.com/comic-legends-wa...e-middle-aged/

I'm actually really sincerely, wholeheartedly, joyously, fuckingly relieved that Rogue is not in HOX/POX.

I'm biting my tongue, to see how it plays out, but yikes, yikes and double yikes.

I'm a bit concerned that Excalibur Rogue is a clone, which I'm not so sure that I've got the passion for to sit through and pay for, and also that something is gonna happen soon.

There is a real lack of dissenting voices among the X-Cast atm, if Rogues one, I'll be X-static, but Hickman is playing with a theme for mutants that is kinda 'real' in a sense but one that I'm not diggin', I'll say no more for now, but yikes!

Hox are a type of gene, didja know?
    And Pox is a disease.

I've always seen mutations as progressive, I've always supported the X-Men as progressive saviors, I get mutants wanting isolation, but not the X-Men.

Bring on the Dawn, it's gotten dark and cold

Speaking of which, going back to an earlier discussion, the most recent HoX showed why Hope was considered an omega for power manipulation as she serves a very specific role on Krakoa

I haven’t kept up with X-Men in the last ten years as much as I used to... what are Rogue’s current powers? Last time I was reading, she absorbed Wonder Man... I haven’t followed her much after that...

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I haven’t kept up with X-Men in the last ten years as much as I used to... what are Rogue’s current powers? Last time I was reading, she absorbed Wonder Man... I haven’t followed her much after that...
    Someone with better explanation skills than me will hopefully help, as I'm not a 100% sure, I have lots of questions about it myself, but.....

She still (I think) has Wonderman Powers, but also now has the ability to absorb from a distance (20 foot or so)

She's been shown to absorb energy, psyche and use her power mimicry from those absorptions.

^ What UltimateRogue said. But yea, still bit unclear on her limits and nuances of her new powers atm. She does seem at least as powerful physically as Carol given her recent showing in Capt Marvel 4.

Speaking of which, going back to an earlier discussion, the most recent HoX showed why Hope was considered an omega for power manipulation as she serves a very specific role on Krakoa
    No one in this thread cares about Hope's useless. Rogue is superior to hope and we know it.

as well as we know that Rogue really is omega level. It is only she to be confirmed. and we know at some point she will be. She has proven to be more powerful than most on that list and we know that.

Regarding the current sagas .... I am very disappointed that they do not include Anna. In truth, if this continues, I want her to return full time with the avengers ... at least it was important there and they gave her the level she deserves.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 09-21-2019 at 02:01 AM.

ROGUE was more powerfull

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    No one in this thread cares about Hope's useless. Rogue is superior to hope and we know it.

as well as we know that Rogue really is omega level. It is only she to be confirmed. and we know at some point she will be. She has proven to be more powerful than most on that list and we know that.

Regarding the current sagas .... I am very disappointed that they do not include Anna. In truth, if this continues, I want her to return full time with the avengers ... at least it was important there and they gave her the level she deserves.
    Yeah, I've definitely had thoughts of whether Rogue would see more action and consideration over in the Avengers, BUT, I think I'm slowly starting to process her current position as being a HUMONGOUS positive.

Hope and the five are obvious patsys/disposables/scapegoats and so I'm thinking that it's best that Rogue was not given that role, It doesn't excuse the belittling of her, her achievements, her value and of her fans, but I think it offers us a clue as to whats coming in this saga, and it's something that Rogue will be dodging a bullet for.

I've got a feelin' that someone in the X-Office has her back, they're protecting her, and I'm glad of that.

I'm not saying that Rogue won't suffer something, but her not being attached to that particular process is a HUGE positive.

I'm gonna spill my theory; It's not at all pleasant, but this is Hickman were dealing with. My theory has to do with the theme and bigger picture of the status quo change. I am now engaged with the story but it took awhile, the Moira stuff went over my head and I zoned out, and still have, on a lot of the stuff going on in the story, but....

WARNING don't look if you are blissfully enjoying the story, come back to see what I said when it's finished....
    spoilers:
    This is about the mutants, not the X-men,
    Hickman is playing with the idea that the mutants are a cancerous growth/tumor on the planet, the resurrections and no death will lead to an exponential growth of the mutants (cells). When I say cancerous/tumor, I mean it in the way that cancer is described as "neoplasms composed of abnormal cells that tend to proliferate rapidly and invade surrounding tissue." Cancers can be benign or malignant, but Hox/Pox is giving us the "feels" of it all being malignant, which I'm side eyeing at It's positioning the mutants as a genuine threat to the earth and beyond, justifying the hatred and fear, in universe, for ongoing story purposes. I'm pissed about it, but can see how the concept formed. The X-Men will eventually see the bigger picture of that death is a part of life, a cycle, but until then, those infernal machines may be given the role of 'treatment'.
    This is why I'm not sippin' the Kool aid that Xavier and Magneto are offering and why I'm happy that Rogue has not been shown to either, I'm hoping she has a role in bringing equilibrium, cos she's Cool, like that
    end of spoilers

The role may be her downfall though
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 09-21-2019 at 03:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    I'm actually really sincerely, wholeheartedly, joyously, fuckingly relieved that Rogue is not in HOX/POX.

I'm biting my tongue, to see how it plays out, but yikes, yikes and double yikes.

I'm a bit concerned that Excalibur Rogue is a clone, which I'm not so sure that I've got the passion for to sit through and pay for, and also that something is gonna happen soon.

There is a real lack of dissenting voices among the X-Cast atm, if Rogues one, I'll be X-static, but Hickman is playing with a theme for mutants that is kinda 'real' in a sense but one that I'm not diggin', I'll say no more for now, but yikes!

Hox are a type of gene, didja know?
    And Pox is a disease.

I've always seen mutations as progressive, I've always supported the X-Men as progressive saviors, I get mutants wanting isolation, but not the X-Men.

Bring on the Dawn, it's gotten dark and cold
    Hickman wouldnt set her up in a clone story...its definitely Rogue.