Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647 LastLast
    BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #186 Oct 1984
    "Lifedeath"
    Storm has been taken to the Dallas, Texas home of mutant inventor Forge following an ordeal
    where her powers have been stripped from her by a weapon of Forge's own invention.
    Unaware of this fact, the former mutant has lost her will to live and has spent her time in Forge's company refusing to eat.
    Forge's attempts to help her fail and he becomes frustrated and acts as though he gives up on her.
    Watching a holographic display of the incident earlier when Henry Gyrich blasted her,
    Forge is surprised when Storm comes out of the guest room and tells him that he was kind, but should have let her drown.

While at Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters, the Professor tries to track Storm
    through Cerebro after he detected her pain caused by the neutralizer device.
    However, he tells Nightcrawler that he cannot.
    Whatever caused the pain has severed their psychic rapport, but he insists that she is still alive somewhere.

Storm, meanwhile, is spending time with Forge.
    She learns that Rogue has escaped government capture and comes to terms with the fact that she no longer has powers.
    She finds the holograms that make Forge's home seem to be suspended in mid air unnerving.
    Later when Forge is swimming in his pool, Storm decides to join him and they race across the pool.
    Storm gets to the other side first and is shocked to find that Forge is a cyborg,
    as his artificial hand and leg have been left by the side of the pool.
    When Forge comes out of the pool he shows her the scars down the side of his body
    and tells her that his injuries were a result of his missions during the Vietnam War.
    He explains to her that after the accident he too lost his will to live,
    but with time and healing he learned to move on with his life.

In Caldecott County, Mississippi, Val Cooper and her colleague Philip are winding down after their mission.
    Their search for Rogue being a dead end after Storm's depowering caused their mutant detector to short out.
    When Phil goes to his car to drive home, he is attacked by a Dire Wraith who quickly kills him and takes his form.
    The Wraith disguised as Phil then leads its fellow Wraiths to Val's hotel room.
    Gaining access through Val's trust in Phil, the creatures attack her with the intent of replacing her with a Dire Wraith.
    Before they can, Rogue enters the room, having tracked down Cooper to sort out her problems with the government.
    Val learns from the Wraith disguised as Phil that they intend to take over the world.
    Rogue kills one of the Wraiths and Val is forced to shoot the alien posing as her dead colleague in the head.
    As Val flees, Rogue strikes the last Wraith with her bare fist absorbing some of its memories
    and she is instantly, violently disgusted by the vile alien thoughts she has absorbed.
    This is detected by the Professor in New York, who suffers a mild psychic backlash from trying to read the alien thoughts in Rogue's mind.
    As Val tries to flee the scene, Rogue, under the influence of Dire Wraith's thoughts, attempts to "replace" Val,

however only succeeds in absorbing some of her memories with her mutant powers before she stops herself.

She ends up absorbing all the plans that the Department of Mutant Affairs have
    been plotting and how their Neutralizer stripped Storm of her powers.
    Horrified, Rogue flees the scene vowing to make the government pay if
    Storm was badly hurt and leaves to reunite herself with her fellow X-Men.

While back at Forge's home, Storm prepares to have a supper with Forge and decides to try on a dress he had delivered for her.
    When both become nervous over their emerging feelings, Storm changes into something more comfortable.
    As they are eating, Storm hears a thunderstorm outside and Forge turns on the buildings holographic projector to show her.
    She is upset by this and Forge turns it off. Storm then confides in him about her recent changes from a “weather goddess”
    to a darker and adventure seeking personality and how this recent change has affected her as well.
    The two share a kiss, finally letting their emotions come forward. Their supper is interrupted when the phone rings.
    When Forge answers it he tells Storm that it's business and leaves to take the call in another room.
    Storm decides to take this as a moment to call the X-Men on the other line and tell them that she is okay.
    She accidentally picks up the line that Forge is on and overhears Henry Gyrich telling Forge about how Rogue has been sighted.
    She overhears them talking about the Neutralizer and Storm learns that Forge was the one who invented it.

Storm screams and tries to flee the building. Hearing her, Forge tries to follow after her to explain.
    Rushing through his home, the holographic projector switches to a simulation of the Vietnam conflict.
    Storm is disorientated and cannot find her way around and in a panic calls out to her goddess to help her.
    Just then a lightning bolt strikes the side of Forge's building blasting open a wall to the outside balcony.
    Storm rushes out there where Forge finally confronts her.
    He tries to explain to her that the Neutralizer was not meant to be used the way it was and that he was only doing his job.
    She refuses to believe him, and when he tells her that he too is a mutant,
    she is horrified that one of her own kind could create a device against mutants.
    She lashes out at him, rejecting his offers to help and cure her.
    She punches him in the face, knocking him down and tells him that he's sold out of his race
    and that he lives in his tower alone and unaware of how his indifference effects those around him.
    She leaves, telling him that while her feet may never leave the ground again, she will someday fly again.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Barry Windsor-Smith and Terry Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    MY BABIES!!!!

Help! I implore your collective genius!!!

How old (approx?) was Rogue when she joined the X-Men??? She was a teenager, iirc. Would we say 16/17?
    Coming late, but here a John Byrne anecdote :

I’m not 10,000% sure of this quote, so I won’t name names. Or one name, anyway.
    An Artist was told Rogue’s age by Chris. The Artist misheard it as 60

“No way she’s a day over 30,” said The Artist.

Chris corrected him: “No, no! 16!”

“No way she’s a day UNDER 30!”

Yeah, she was supposed to be 2 years older than Kitty.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Ive always read 17

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Yeah, she was supposed to be 2 years older than Kitty.
    Well, reading the first dozen issues after Rogue joined, I had the impression Rogue was 4 years older than Kitty.

How Rogue Changed from the Comics for ‘X-Men: Evolution’
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...on-disney-plus
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

In Uncanny X-Men (1st series) #182 (June 1984) Rogue claims to be 18 years old.
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    In Uncanny X-Men (1st series) #182 (June 1984) Rogue claims to be 18 years old.
    Just turned if I'm not mistaking, so she would've been 17 when she joined. Don't she and Sam share the same age range?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I have to say...I'm very excited to see where Tini Howard goes with Rogue in Excalibur.
    While I know of the issues she's had with her powers in MMX etc...I'm not too attached to the details...so, I'm intrigued to see how Rogue comes out of her Krakoan Sleep, changed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I have to say...I'm very excited to see where Tini Howard goes with Rogue in Excalibur.
    While I know of the issues she's had with her powers in MMX etc...I'm not too attached to the details...so, I'm intrigued to see how Rogue comes out of her Krakoan Sleep, changed.
    Probably gonna undo whatever KT did with Rogue in MMX and reset her back to tactile touch absorption

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'll be good with that, actually.
    The "absorbtion by osmosis" thing was stretching it a bit...it was new and interesting but...eeehhh.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I'm sorting out my picture folders and so I'll be posting old scans from Legacy and Uncanny Avengers,

But first, a look into the world of Excalibur....

The Flower Maiden

Is she a guiding light for safe harbor or beckoning a hostile Okkara.

Is she possessed? Is it Malevolent or Benevolent? Who? What? Why? When?

Personally, I'm kinda lowering my expectations a li'l, after reading about the Summoners in the X-Men book, maybe they'll be the puppet masters, with Rogue battling their control over her in a dreamscape type sequence, but I'm down for whatever, go with the flow, I say.

I'm thinking that Rogues plot is one of the Hickman seeded plots, so that's a bit disconcerting, but kinda fun too.

I hope her awakening is enigmatic and epic, cannot wait, so excited,

Wake up sleepy head, rise and shine!

Ive been waiting years for Rogue to rejoin the X-men proper and this aint it

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ive been waiting years for Rogue to rejoin the X-men proper and this aint it
    Patience is a virtue, dammit

pipe down

From X-Men Legacy #226 (Action packed, skirmishes all over the place, a fight with Ares the God of War, Good times)

My favorite Rogue vs Ms Marvel bout, ever! Round 1 of 2

I'd luv a rematch.

Credits; Writer - Mike Carey
    Pencils - Dustin Weaver
    Inks - Ed Tadeo
    Colored - Brian Reber
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 11-21-2019 at 01:52 PM.