Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647 LastLast

The 80's version. When she had ovaries of steel and not afraid to use them. Carey would be awesome too! Claremont version would be epic. Especially her X-Treme template recall version.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I quite liked when she was able to recall the power sets she had previously absorbed...and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED when she used amalgams of two or more characters. Her Colossus/Kurt amalgam in UXM 184 was awesome!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I quite liked when she was able to recall the power sets she had previously absorbed...and I ABSOLUTELY LOVED when she used amalgams of two or more characters. Her Colossus/Kurt amalgam in UXM 184 was awesome!!!
    I think her X-Men Legacy powerset was a perfect balance for her powers (when she could absorb but it weakened whom she absorbed), then she turned into Hope/Mimic 2.0 and I didn't really love that. Needing to absorb small portions of different powers made her more inventive and it was fun to read.

I have a feeling we won't see smart Rogue in Excalibur. She'll be either sleeping or smashing stuff.

IA that Carey's take on her in Legacy was the most creative use of her powers. That was she at her best IMO. I missed her with the MM powers though. I have not read the issues of MMX where she gains spatial absorption but I dont like the sound of that and thankfully she hasnt used it outside of that. I wouldnt mind if whatever is happening to her now removes that

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IA that Carey's take on her in Legacy was the most creative use of her powers. That was she at her best IMO. I missed her with the MM powers though. I have not read the issues of MMX where she gains spatial absorption but I dont like the sound of that and thankfully she hasnt used it outside of that. I wouldnt mind if whatever is happening to her now removes that
    I'm pretty sure that it's already been deep sixed. Given that, uh, Howard seems entirely unaware of the whole plotline where she both gained spatial absorption and got control of her powers. She doesn't need the bracelet anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I'm pretty sure that it's already been deep sixed. Given that, uh, Howard seems entirely unaware of the whole plotline where she both gained spatial absorption and got control of her powers. She doesn't need the bracelet anymore.
    She gets away with that though bc of the time jump. They'll just say Rogue lost control off panel

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    I don't and didn't at all see MMX as a solo, if anything I read it more leaning towards Gambit, but, nah props to KT in that I think in that regard she got the balance right, I think because most of the preview pages were the Gambit pages, it lessened the impact of his contributions/appearances when reading it in full.
    It definitely felt like the writing of the relationship was more biased in Gambit's favor. I found the writing of Rogue extremely unsympathetic and annoying.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If "X-Men vs. Street Fighter" had been a canon comic event in addition to just a Capcom fighting game, I would have been interested in seeing Rogue go Satsui no Hadou.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Eh, I guess I'm the odd one out in saying I've liked what I've seen of her new powers. They compliment her physical power-set.

I think people just dislike the concept on paper without considering what it actually does or changes. Which is... not much, just makes her a more dangerous brawler the longer you fight and/or are near her which was never a good place to be in a fight.

From what we've seen it's a slow drain with the assumption physical contact may be more intense and faster, allows more opportunities for her to drain characters who cover up well and as mentioned works best with physical opponents. You know what, I'm just gonna post pages of it to see if it changes any minds it probably won't but still...

I prefer how it was portrayed more in the Captain Marvel fight, as an almost passive effect in battle, where Rogue gains strength and the opponent slowly grows weaker. Rogue still has to make an active effort to stay close and keep Carol locked down.

I didn't like how the absorption seemed to keep her stationary in Mr & Mrs X. That's a bit boring visually. I did, however, like how in Mr and Mrs X the spatial absorption sometimes shows visual projections of memories of the opponent Rogue is absorbing. I'm no writer, but even I could see how that could be used for an interesting visual story-telling perspective.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 11-26-2019 at 09:09 PM.

^^^^^^^^^
    Some great points ChronoRogue, You've done more to convince me to enjoy the power since its development than the x-office has.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    On that, we've found common ground, Cool. Carey was seemingly cycling through some genres too, which was a fun and obvious way to showcase the absorption mutation. He never got around to spy games/espionage/noir though, which I was disappointed a bit by, as I think that's where her psych absorption could get some cool development/utility.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    The control and spatial absorption hasn't yet been shown as unaddressed in Excalibur. The bracelet comment, I took as just a way of convincing us the readers that Rogue thinks of Krakoa as being a safe, fearless place to be, and maybe the bracelet will have a plot purpose later in story. Also while the art didn't show any overt sign of Rogue absorbing the gate by proximity, it did show us that she didn't physically touch the gate, only the stone pillars, so I dunno, MMXs evolution is still in play for now, as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    It definitely felt like the writing of the relationship was more biased in Gambit's favor. I found the writing of Rogue extremely unsympathetic and annoying.
    I agree, there were obvious attempts to quash/friendzone Rogues recent relationships, but no such attempt to sort out Gambits recent 'bonking spree!' (I can't think of a word to describe the Mystique weirdness, the bosses daughter in X-Factor, Frenzy and possibly Polaris??).

The only beat that I got to feel towards Rogue was 'sympathy', for a year! That's what bugged me the most.

I just found it all almost mocking of her and the marriage status, the newly married woman suddenly sucking the life out of the room, smh, and nothing has come from KT or JDW to talk me down from my annoyance at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    If "X-Men vs. Street Fighter" had been a canon comic event in addition to just a Capcom fighting game, I would have been interested in seeing Rogue go Satsui no Hadou.
    Cool video, sooo much smooching!!

That Satsui no Hado sounds like a dark turn for Rogue though. The wikia page on it was interesting.

Gotta appreciate the extra effort game makers put in for Rogue sprites and coding, it's well worth it though. Rogue always fun to play in games.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Cool video, sooo much smooching!!

That Satsui no Hado sounds like a dark turn for Rogue though. The wikia page on it was interesting.

Gotta appreciate the extra effort game makers put in for Rogue sprites and coding, it's well worth it though. Rogue always fun to play in games.
    Then again, she seemed pretty chill even though in the video she used the Satsui no Hadou's ultimate attack, Shun Goku Satsu ("Raging Demon") at the last part, which requires the user to be IN the Satsui no Hadou. Instead of getting an ominous kanji appearing on her back, she flashes the X-symbol instead.

Once Capcom does a vs title again, with X-Men back in the lineup, one can imagine the fun potential of choreographing Rogue's polygon figure to emulate special attacks she absorbs.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 11-27-2019 at 05:32 AM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Great points ChronoRogue. And you do make a strong argument for it...I fully admit, it's an interesting development but...could do with a lot more exploration though, to get me fully on board.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-27-2019 at 05:43 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Edit: eh, never mind. I feel like I'm just splitting hairs
    Last edited by Sandmans_Raven; 11-27-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    Make Good Art

Yikes, from me feeling delirious at the lack of stimulus from the x-books, I stumbled browbeaten, blinkin' from the light, into this....

The Religious Affiliation of Comic Book Characters: Rogue of the X-Men
    https://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/Rogue.html

Bah, some light reading for those of you with interest, I suppose. I found it interesting.

But, I can't quite tell what's cannon or possible fanfic, such as...
    From: posted 16 May 2006 on "Theatrical Mutants" website (http://community.livejournal.com/the...en/88814.html; viewed 16 June 2006):
    TM126
    Rogue (iabsorbu) wrote in theatrical_xmen, 2006-05-16 11:38:00:
    I ain't blood-kin to neither Raven Darkholme nor Irene Adler, but in some sense I have long thought of them as my mothers. God -- I feel like one of those dumb kiddie books. 'Rogue has two mothers.' I guess that old Southern Baptist raising never goes away -- my aunt damn near literally drummed it into me hard enough to stick, I guess. Is it any surprise I ran away from that? Now her, I never called mother. But those two, Mystique and Destiny, yeah. I did. I do.

Hell, they brought me up, didn't they? Ten years, I reckon. Sure, they had their rules, but they didn't use no belt or Bible to enforce them. And, yes, they committed crimes. They were trying -- what was it she called it? "Social engineering." They were trying to make the world a better place. They went about it a damn funny way, but their hearts were in the right places. Anyhow, that's what I tell myself, and I think it might be partly true at least. They were good times, no matter that they were bad times too. And as for the rest, well, I always say it ain't no sin if y'all truly love each other.

Mystique taught me my powers were a gift and sometimes I even believed it. Destiny, blind for so many years, taught me that disabilities were nothing compared to our abilities. They taught me strength, and courage, and conviction, and I'll always be grateful for that -- and, mostly not meaning to, they taught me that the end does not justify the means, which I'm grateful for too -- though I doubt she'd ever appreciate me thanking her for it.

Muse: Rogue (616)
    Fandom: X-Men
    I chuckled at the 'social engineering' line.

It reminded me of a musing that I've had about Kurt and Rogue, something that convinced me to have an interest in their dynamic.
    I'll try to keep it as succinct as possible;

Kurt looks the way he does, but can touch and be touched, he has been shunned by his mother
    Rogue looks the way she does, but can't touch or be touched, she was taken in by his mother

He turned to religion while she rebelled,

They've got some interesting parallels and opposites that could be written as child friendly parables, drawn in Scottie Young style short stories.

or am I trippin' from such thirst n hunger....

Snikted again!

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/...74507762372608

The gamers have spoken, Rogues the best gurl, like eva!, obviously.

Cover for X-Men: Legacy Vol 1 300

Such a bitterly disappointing issue at the time of release. Xavier and Rogue were dead, but damn you X-office, ya could've thrown a friggin' measly bone of gratitude towards Rogue for selling it for so long.

Over on the main page...
    CSBG Totally Tubular 80s Christmas Advent Calendar, Day 1 had the "'Twas the Night" by Chris Claremont, Marc Silvestri and Joe Rubinstein from Uncanny X-Men #230.
    https://www.cbr.com/80s-christmas-ad...alendar-day-1/

Aww,