Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 365
  1. #61
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I love all this power talk. But I did have another off-topic question. If Rogue was in AoXM, what role do you think she'd have? What team/book do you think she would have ended up on?
    The Xtremists? She's got that whole forbidden love thing going on.

    Anyone else wanna weigh in?

  2. #62
    Moo-tant? Ultimate Rogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Leandro Matos

    Gorgeous

    Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    Nice art by Matos, but I still hate that uniform.
    Ah W...h...a....t, don't say that, it's a classic now

    Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Looks Great

    Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I love all this power talk. But I did have another off-topic question. If Rogue was in AoXM, what role do you think she'd have? What team/book do you think she would have ended up on?
    Hmmm, My imagination ran wild, I'd ramble on and on, if i'd try to explain my thoughts. A teacher in Gennext maybe, or a steamboat bombshell actress/singer in Amazing Nightcrawler.
    I'm a bit confused as to whether the retro styling is just for aesthetics or are they living 50s lifestyles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    The Xtremists? She's got that whole forbidden love thing going on.

    Anyone else wanna weigh in?
    Xtremists would be intriguing given the writer.

    I think I read somewhere that Leah Williams was from Mississippi.

  3. #63

  4. #64
    Fantastic Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    The Dreaming
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Beautiful. Makes me miss X-Men Evolution
    Make Good Art

  5. #65
    Incredible Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Beautiful. Makes me miss X-Men Evolution
    Me too. I love X-Men: Evolution. I hope it comes back soon.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-14-2019 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

  6. #66
    Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Salem Center, NY
    Posts
    2,139

    Default

    That's gorg.

  7. #67
    Moo-tant? Ultimate Rogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    348

    Default

    I wasn't into comics n stuff when Evo was out, I must of been out clubbin' n stuff and missed the whole series

  8. #68
    Mighty Member Omegarogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Maybe Rogue's "reach" will extend.

    She started off requiring skin contact. Maybe the natural progression for her is proximity related? Kind of like Hope Summers. Eventually just being in the immediate area of other mutants will be enough to siphon from? And maybe her end game is more long term retention? Like, pulling up "files" from her motherboard.
    Hope summers ??? I think that's an offense to Rogue.

    Rogue has ALWAYS been much more powerful than Hope, that the only good thing she has is her affinity with PF, but in her natural powers, she does not surpass Rogue in anything, and when I say nothing, it is nothing.

    And in theory both are developing their powers, the powers of Rogue just now is that they have time to develop and increase, since in canon they were frozen from their first test attempt (Cody), and you know she could still defeat being ultra powerful as Thor Hulk etc etc etc, that is to say with its power in its immature form, since Rogue was extremely powerful, I think it is pretty clear in what category of mutant is she really, and all this when her power was out of control and stagnant.

    __________


    1) Hope wears out using a few powers;

    Rogue no, Rogue can use multiple powers without problem or wear out, in fact his reach is not known, and able with the passage of time does not have a limit, it was seen with Hecatombre that she could absorb billions of entities, and in UA literally I absorb hundreds of powers, Hope hardly endure a few for a short period of time.

    ___________

    2) Hope just imitates, but nothing.

    Rogue literally clones DNA, and can steal powersets permanently.

    _____________________

    3) One of Rogue's evolutions is to recanalize powers absorbed in the past, for that reason she keeps templates of DNA

    Hope just imitates.

    ___________

    4) Rogue takes vital energy if you want (when this contol) with this can send to sleep the same Thor or Cap Marvel, among other invulnerable, his touch in itself is a weapon. Rogue can kill with this.

    Hope just imitates, has nothing of its own to harm others.

    ______________

    5) Rogue has an empathic capacity, which allows him to make a telepath by scanning memories, in fact he could do better than Emma or Xavier.

    Hope does not do any of that.

    __________

    6) Rogue can immediately know languages, physical abilities ect ect ect, this within its powers of absorption, not only ultilizar powers, are several powers between mixed, that when she has control can separate them.

    Hope just imitates.
    ______________


    7) Absorb from a distance ???? before Hope existed, Rogue vs the NEOs his power briefly advanced and he could absorb Colossus and damage him (leave him in a coma) by a bolt of energy, from which the talented Miss Tompson had to draw this point, Claremont had already made Rogue will show that.

    And not only did he take his powers, but he also hurt and left K.O to Colossus.

    Hope just imitates.

    ___________________

    8) Rogue with control can leave depowered any character without negative effects (say leaving it in a coma or dead, and she can then return the powers if she so wishes).

    Hope, just copy XD.

    _________________

    9) Rogue can use any power of any human goal, and equally hurt them.

    Hope is only able to imitate mutant powers, when it seemed that no, it was more her affinity with the PF, but that is not her ability.
    ___________________

    10) Rogue has been able to absorb through water, using it as a conduit, to absorb beings of astral energy without a physical body (Rachel AOX), even to absorb without being in his physical body but in a phantom form.

    Hope just imitates.

    __________________________________



    I think it's pretty clear who is the most powerful of these two ladies and that Rogue, not that bad fusion between Rogue and Jean Gray, called Hope, that no one cares about anymore.



    The natural progression that must happen, is that you have some control over this new advance of your powers, and that Rogue is working slowly on the capabilities of his powers, and obvaimente THAT IN PAPER ALTHOUGH IT IS MENTIONED THAT ROGUE IS OF LEVEL OMEGA , it's pretty obvious and we all know it, Carey mentioned that she was, even Brevoort said that Rogue was an omega-level mutant.

    It only needs to be mentioned on paper, Kelly Tompson I trust that you will do this, you adore the character.

  9. #69
    Mighty Member Omegarogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I believe this stage of Rogue's evolving power is not complete. I would call it the "Ugly Ducking" stage. I'm sure most of you are familiar with the fairy tale of the Ugly Ducking. Rogue, I believe, will need some sort of catalyst to cause the evolution to complete. I also feel was caused her to lose control back in U/A vol 1 #22-23 and what is causing the evolution of her power to complete itself to it's mature form are tied together. I believe events from Rogue's past with Carol are both the lock and key to Rogue's power control problem.
    I hope so. Mike, I'm sick of Rogue having no control over his original powers, and relying on artifacts to be able to touch people, when we already know that his powers of absorption are designed for her to control.

    The good thing is that since Kelly is on that path, I hated when in UA vol 3 the author completely forgot about those Rogue powers, he did a good job in character development and that, and seeing her throw things and carry heavy things , that wanted most ... but what makes Rogue more complex and interesting are those powers of absorption, but this author in UA did not comply at all, was indifferent to the problem of control of Rogue, in fact it shows not they liked their powers because I only used them when he was going to leave the book, and I did not even use them well, leaving a great WTF that I call bad writing, because Rogue was obviously in control in that panel with DP, and he should not be.


    What I like about Kelly apart from her stories obviously is that she knows the character and likes all her powers, not just the flying brick ones, so she decided to do something about it, bravo Kelly.

  10. #70
    Mighty Member Omegarogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If she lost the ionic enhancement, she'd lose her flight and super strength powers. Absorbing Simon is what caused her to regain the powers she originally absorbed from Carol, since those two abilities happen to be powers Simon and Carol have in common.

    Also, it's Zub, not Zeb.
    Whatever they do, I do not think they will take away those 4 powers (not two) the super force flight, supervelocity improved in flight and reaction, and invlunibility. Those and the powers of absorption and Rogue are the original powerset with which it was created, and that is what most wanted back.

    unfortunately that is the powerset that the fans like the most, so that Rogue possesses.

    I really like those powers too. I say lamentably, because they could go to something more original, since Rogue is biocompatible with any power, but it is what the public is asking for years, and I do not think that they will remove it again.

  11. #71
    Mighty Member Omegarogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    If it was KT intention to reference/resurrect Claremonts idea then why did Rogue react in the way she did. She would of said to Xandra that she'd experienced something similar in her past.

    This plot point might very well lead to Rogue as always not wanting to 'evolve', that's why she has always struggled with control. Her fear of this ability has always held her back.

    Yes it's a very emotive story beat, but at a cost. We might be being expected to accept that the strong sassy brawler has always been ashamed/fearful/closeted of her 'true self'.

    That is way to close to the movie version of Rogue for my liking, and it enfeebles the Rogue we have known.



    On the distance absorption, and why I think it never caught on.

    It makes her a hassle to write within these teams. Each individual should have their moments to contribute what they bring to the team. Rogue would need to be given other characters feats/moments. The flying brick, touch absorption gives her autonomy, both in power and psyche influence.

    Ironically it kinds of weakens her. Her effectiveness is dependent on the team she is with and a possibly even weakening her allies by absorbing their energy (oh shit) ahh! I'm working myself up about it, over thinkin'.



    Just out of curiosity, do you omegarogue want Rogue to have some sort of super saiyan mode? to be some sort of all powerful almost omnipotent character?
    Because while I love your enthusiasm for the character, I do question your consideration of all the other X-men she's with.

    An all powerful Rogue could work as a cosmic character or have an event surround her, Fun to see absolutely, but I don't think it's sustainable.
    1) This was already seen, Rogue vs the NEO, but it was so fleeting, that I imagine that Rogue did not give importance, unlike now that is something that is maintained until it manages to control it, in the past it was the same but now is with XD steroids, before the aura was only directed to Colossus, now Rogue has no control over this and absorbs everyone with that aura that is next, imagine the control of this new ability that Rogue focuses on a single objective, and when be something extreme, absorb to the beast multiple objectives, as it is doing now without control.

    2) I do not think that Rogue does not want to evolve, on the contrary, she is looking for control, she said she is more powerful than she has ever been before, but she feels vulnerable, obviously because she has no control, Rogue I was very happy with their powers of absorption when they have control over them, and XMLegay proves it, and showed more and more new things.

    3) As I said to absorb distancing is something that Rogue already showed before, that and recanalizing powers absorbed in the past is within his capacities, natural progression, and I love that Kelly has done it.

    4) Having a power to attack from a distance (this aura of energy) does not make it unusable in other books, she could calmly go to super speed flying and attack enemies, so your point I do not think is valid, give Advances to the powers of Rogue is something that is expected, even the writers will make her use this only from time to time, if Thor Hyperion can work in teams, with different powers, Rogue too, they are only giving him a power with which he can defend himself at a distance, assuming he can not get close to his goal.

    I do not see that telekinetic telepathic fans complain when those characters show something new, quite the contrary.

    5) Obviously she can not use her energy aura power right now in a safe way, because she has no control and goes to all the nearby targets, but surely the point of balance is that she can select where that aura of energy is going.

    6) Rogue right now is a little overpower, with its powers of WM plus the absorption, and fits perfectly in the books the same applies to Thor, I do not see why not give advances to their true powers, and for an event if It can be shown ultra powerful, even in futuristic stories we could see all its true developed potential.

    It is not the first time we see Rogue defeating cosmic beings or showing overpower with its powers of absorption. in fact that has already been shown from time to time (Xtreme, UA vs. Celestial, Rogue vs. Hecatombe, Rogue defeating full avenger squads, Rogue defeating all in COC2, Rogue defeating Genis Vell, Geniss is of a level similar to Sentry ).

    It is nothing that can not be seen from time to time, just like Rogue usually holds back a lot, not to hurt even his enemies, in fact with the super strength she usually controls herself.

    ____________

    What I want is for him to have control of his powers again, and to explore all the latent capacities of his powers of absorption, and I love that Kelly is addressing these two points.

  12. #72
    That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Interdimensional
    Posts
    2,559

    Default

    An absolutely awesome Rogue by Kevin Wada, as fabulous as all of his designs. Just I like this one the best because she's the kind of natural rascal Rogue gal I really love, not the Southern Belle.

    Also, because her checked shirt is exactly the same as one of mine's!!!

    Cosplay preparing in 3, 2, 1...



    Oh, and there's more where that came from:

    http://kevinwada.tumblr.com/post/182...rd-for-me-as-i
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 02-18-2019 at 05:20 AM.

  13. #73
    Fantastic Member Jumpyshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    478

    Default

    What I love about Kevin Wada's designs is that you always get character shining through in every single one of his design choices. That look is definitely my favourite of his 4 Rogue designs, though I'll always be on the Big Hair Team when it comes to Rogue!

  14. #74
    That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Interdimensional
    Posts
    2,559

    Default

    LOL, I think I'm on the opposite Team, because one of my very favorite looks for Rogue of all times is this one:



    I love the combination of pop T-Shirt, jeans and high-top boots, it's so random and so Roguish!

  15. #75
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,175

    Default

    Whoa. Omegarogue. Did I offend you?!

    I was NOT saying that Hope is more powerful(???)... I was merely citing another mutant who can mimic powers without making physical contact. She was the first "just needs to be in the immediate vicinity of other mutants to replicate" that sprang to mind.

    Yeesh.

    But since its being discussed, I used to regularly wonder if the circumstance around Rogue's "restoration" when Mystique made consent-less skin contact between Rogue and baby Hope -- if that contact (I mean, that was a pretty massive resulting energy discharge(?) that lit the room up) ensured Hope's future destiny as a mimic/power manipulator, like Rogue. Might explain the wacky connection that never got fully explained (did it?) between she and Hope -- and subsequently the Lights there after.

    Perhaps it was all destined and Rogue was the linch pin. Ha ha.

    ROGUE IS THE REAL MUTANT MESSIAH!!! just kidding.

    Hope certainly has extreme responses, in terms of reception from the fandom, but I always found her charming.
    Last edited by Fokken; 02-18-2019 at 06:58 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •