Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    An absolutely awesome Rogue by Kevin Wada,

Oh, and there's more where that came from:

http://kevinwada.tumblr.com/post/182...rd-for-me-as-i
    I like it, agree that it's the best of the 4 designs

I'm ready for a new look on Rogue, I liked Daniel Acuna' initial design of her current look, but it has been simplified too much and just looks like gym kit now

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

But since its being discussed, I used to regularly wonder if the circumstance around Rogue's "restoration" when Mystique made consent-less skin contact between Rogue and baby Hope -- if that contact (I mean, that was a pretty massive resulting energy discharge(?) that lit the room up) ensured Hope's future destiny as a mimic/power manipulator, like Rogue. Might explain the wacky connection that never got fully explained (did it?) between she and Hope -- and subsequently the Lights there after.

Hope certainly has extreme responses, in terms of reception from the fandom, but I always found her charming.
    No in story explanation to the connection between the two so far. Your theory works well though

I wanted a caper with Cable, Rogue and Hope

Yeah, I don't get the dislike of Hope, but AVX wasn't so good for her, some Cyclops fans can be vicious and unforgiving (weirdly - considering their chosen hero)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    LOL, I think I'm on the opposite Team, because one of my very favorite looks for Rogue of all times is this one:

I love the combination of pop T-Shirt, jeans and high-top boots, it's so random and so Roguish!
    I had forgotten that she even wore that outfit.
    I think it was only during X-men v FF?

is that a Flash logo on her chest?

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post

I first saw it as a flash symbol, or maybe it's DC Captain Marvel, ha! good on her

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Whoa. Omegarogue. Did I offend you?!

I was NOT saying that Hope is more powerful(???)... I was merely citing another mutant who can mimic powers without making physical contact. She was the first "just needs to be in the immediate vicinity of other mutants to replicate" that sprang to mind.

Yeesh.

But since its being discussed, I used to regularly wonder if the circumstance around Rogue's "restoration" when Mystique made consent-less skin contact between Rogue and baby Hope -- if that contact (I mean, that was a pretty massive resulting energy discharge(?) that lit the room up) ensured Hope's future destiny as a mimic/power manipulator, like Rogue. Might explain the wacky connection that never got fully explained (did it?) between she and Hope -- and subsequently the Lights there after.

Perhaps it was all destined and Rogue was the linch pin. Ha ha.

ROGUE IS THE REAL MUTANT MESSIAH!!! just kidding.

Hope certainly has extreme responses, in terms of reception from the fandom, but I always found her charming.
    I do not like Hope I find it irritating the truth, and as I said it seems a bad fusion between Rogue and Jean Gray, but less effective and powerful than the other two.

As I said Hope wears out, and the only good thing she had is not even power, but a link with the Phoenix F, but without it only when Hope is Hope and only uses her mimic power is quite useless, and constantly lose on the battlefield.

Of those who duplicate the most powerful powers are Rogue and then Emplate, hell the late Mimic was also more effective than Hope, Hope wears out and ends up faint with few powers, and has nothing real to hurt someone.

Better to stay in limbo, or be used as a martyr so we left her, total for what she is doing since I finish SC.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    I wasn't into comics n stuff when Evo was out, I must of been out clubbin' n stuff and missed the whole series
    That is Evo Rogue’s outfit, though the cami under her sheer top is a wee bit smaller than in the cartoon, lol.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Yeah, just for an issue or two, but I loved it. I have a thing for casual outfits.

It's very similar, just in different colours. I like it because is sort of metacomment of 'superhero logos are really stupid'.

ahem

The danger to Rogue absorbing others psyches is a precautionary tale for us all to consider, as to reinforce our own psyches

Yep, fo'sho'

Think about it, that particular aspect of her powerset is an analog of something we all do, everyday. We take in other peoples opinions, worries, hopes etc, etc whenever we consume any media, read forums, talk with others.

I want to read a Rogue that is aware of the risk that she is under but not in a neurotic worrying way. She's old enough now to know herself, it's a good time to explore this aspect of her powerset. I'd love to see her stop and consider whether a thought, opinion or belief that she has had is actually her own, or was/is it from an absorbed psyche, as a way to provoke the reader to consider their own exposures.

Taking a step back however - Even we, her fans who have followed her through thick and thin still don't know some basic aspects of her powers after all these years. With her having had so many changes to her powers, are the bits we think we know still valid.

Thought example: Rogue touches Beast. Beasts psyche in Rogues head would want to encourage Rogue, even possibly manipulate her (for her own and the teams good) to learn the science of faster flight (as one example), would Beasts psyche 'transfer' that knowledge to her own psyche, or compel and guide her to learn for herself.

Once a psyche fades she can't possibly forget everything, or if she does then she should be written as spaced out all the time! trying to gather past thoughts.

Long story short,
    There is a lot of potential within her powerset for writers to craft cognizant mindful tales that are more thought provoking/useful to the reader than Bang!, Pow!, Zap!, Smooch! stories.

Don't get me wrong, I like Bang!, Pow!, Zap!, Smooch! stories too, but I like depth and clarity more!

Youtubes for y'all

What the! yikes that Wolverine vs Sabretooth 'motion' Comic was something quite ... um, odd!

Ah, only one video per post so.... keep scrolling, scrolling, scrolling

Last one, promise

10 alternate versions of Rogue
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LchUvlhqRUI
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 02-22-2019 at 05:00 AM.

If you wonder why I keep referring to that overexposed, overhyped, blond bimbo as a Yankee Witch...well, here we go!
    [ing]Scan2019-02-22_050651.jpg[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lol, well that's quite a definite answer to my wondering whether you liked the Yankee witch or not *chuckle*

Carol is a good character in terms of being a cautionary tale of 'how not to be', and this gloss over of the character to paint her as 'worthy' and wholly righteous is grating.

I've been winding myself up at the thought of Marvel possibly giving Carol the feat of 'earning' Rogues power control issue

Rogues meditation practices, Xavier fulfilling his 30 year promise, Danger the living embodiment of the X-Mens training facility and Gambits help in acquiring said facility were not worthy of 'earning' Rogues power control apparently

Anyway, lets wait and see

Thanks for the scan (aww at Dazzler liking Rogues taste in decor, speaks higher of Dazzlers ability of clemency than the Yankee Witch could ever muster)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Rogue better get some flight and strength powers from Ms. Marvel or someone else for the new movies.

She was such a Major Disappointment in the Fox movies, I'm looking for Marvel to make things right now that they've taken control and give us the Rogue for the big screen that we've been waiting for.

Podcast with Kelly Thompson

http://11oclockcomics.com/2019/02/22...s-episode-591/

The interviewer is hard work for me personally but the interview is worth persevering with