art by Magickmarker
    Hahaha I need this last panel on a t-shirt now
    Make Good Art

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #178 Feb 1984
    "Hell hath No Fury...!"
    Shadowcat has just stumbled upon the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants handiwork
    - Colossus super-heated and then flash frozen to near-absolute zero -
    a condition which almost certainly means Peter's death! Desperate, she mentally calls out to Professor X for help.

At the mansion, Professor X hears, and knowing that it is the Brotherhood, is careful not to alert Rogue.
    In the Danger Room, Storm and Wolverine are testing Wolverine's precision
    - he manages to nick her cape from her as she flies by at high speed without hitting her person.
    Storm is talking much like Yukio. The Professor contacts them, but their telepathic discussion is cut short by a powerful psionic scan.
    Storm carries Wolverine to quickly cover the distance between Salem Center and New York City.

Kitty is pulling herself together where Colossus stands as a mute statue when she remembers
    Reed Richards had a recent device documented in Scientific American that might help.
    She tries calling ahead from a pay phone only to discover the Fantastic Four aren't in.
    She hops in a cab and tells the driver to head for the Baxter Building.

Elsewhere, the Morlocks Callisto, Masque and Sunder stand about the body of a homeless young woman in an alley.
    Callisto enigmatically predicts there will be one more Morlock before the night is through, and Masque goes to work on the corpse.

Outside Lincoln Center. Kurt and Amanda are making out, when they realize that everyone has gone inside and the plaza is empty.
    They wonder what happened to Peter and Kitty, when they are suddenly attacked by a great bird of fire!
    Kurt's quick porting saves them from Pyro's creature and Avalanche, and then Amanda counters the fire creature with sorcery.
    Blob, however, gets the drop on them, and only the sudden intervention of Storm prevents their deaths.

The Baxter Building. Kitty heads inside and phases through the robot secretary,
    disorienting it long enough to keep her ahead of the security systems.

Lincoln Center. The X-Men and the Brotherhood are fairly evenly matched -
    until Storm opens up the heavens and makes it rain so hard the combatants have problems standing.

Baxter Building. Kitty grabs the device and heads up to the roof. A little worried about the height,
    she tries to take it slow, but gets startled by something behind her as she's stepping out into oblivion!

Lincoln Center. Nightcrawler uses Avalanche to trap Blob, and the Brotherhood surrenders?

Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. Rogue brings Prof X tea, except its not Rogue!

Xavier notices the psionic damper, and beats it at the last second to change what would be a fatal shot into a grazing hit.
    The real Rogue walks in on Mystique getting ready for the kill, and they have a confrontation.

Rogue pours her heart out.

Lincoln Center. Mystique contacts the X-Men and offers to trade Xavier's life for the freedom of her Brotherhood.
    Storm agrees, and Blob laughs about how they still nailed Colossus.
    Destiny makes a dire prediction about Kitty Pryde and the Baxter Building.

On a sidewalk outside the Baxter Building, Kitty Pryde lies broken from the fall.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Romita, Jr., Bob Wiacek and Brett Breeding.

Relevant - I just picked this up at Walgreens today -

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Relevant - I just picked this up at Walgreens today -
    Yeah, I've been seeing a lot of posts on reddit about Mystique being released finally. Hopefully Gambit's not far behind
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    .......all good stuff.......
    Thanks for these 616MarvelYear, I always enjoy them keep up the good work

Today I've been pondering Rogues rogue gallery;

Mystique
    Lady Mastermind
    Grim Reaper and so probably Nekra
    Moonstone
    Captain Marvel (debatable - see below)
    Vargas
    Corvus Glaive and so probably Proxima
    Red Skull and Sin with Crossbones
    Some Legion personalities
    Viper
    Pandemic
    Emplate and DOA
    Master Scientist
    Strobe? from MLF

Less personal but still might be butt-hurt by getting their asses handed to them by our sassy southern brawler!;

Juggernaut
    Gladiator (possibly not in the 616)
    Hulk
    The Celestial (Exitar)
    Children of the Vault
    Proteus
    Shadow King
    High Evolutionary
    Ahab
    Nimrod
    Golgotha
    Mortis maybe
    Mr Sinister
    Apolcalypse Twins
    Kang
    Charmaine Grand
    Gravitron
    Ares
    Bastion

Personal but not necessarily antagonistic;

Magneto
    PymTron
    Sentry
    Blindspot
    Dazzler
    Priscilla and Owen
    ROM
    Scarlet Witch
    Deadpool
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 02-28-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 02-28-2019 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    I'm here.
    You list Carol as someone that is in Rogue's "rogue gallery". I don't think this should be, for the simple reason Carol implied she no longer has any animosity towards Rogue. Carol stated this in 2010's X-Men Legacy #269. And yet it is implied Rogue still harbors guilt over what happened between the 2 of them decades ago. This is shown when Rogue finds a letter, written by Carol from circa UXM#174, during the 2018 Hunt for Wolverine:Mystery in Madripoor. The only reason for animosity between the 2 of them I can see happening is if something came out about why what happened between the 2 of them years ago that Rogue never knew about.
    [img]Scan2019-02-28_051254.jpg[/img]
    [img]Scan2019-02-28_051254_001.jpg[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images

https://i.imgur.com/BU21MsK.gifv

I'm on ......oof.......my way!

Yeah I agree, but these two are always going to pitted against each other until a writer comes along to really ally them together.
    It could be done, but until then were moving at a ridiculously slow pace.

It 'might' be my fanboyism speaking, but I'm normally pretty rational about everything else in life, BUT, I do think the ball is in Carols court now. She needs to acknowledge that Rogue was young, groomed, alone, scared of a pretty reliable precognition, stressed at her condition (mutation) and that Carol herself was older and military trained.

Carol needs to be seen to have grown up, considered the event from Rogues position. Until then I think both characters are stuck within each others rogues galleries. Your second scan shows this happening a bit in X-Men Legacy but Carol was doing that to get intel rather than 'peace'.

I really don't need to see more Rogue being apologetic. From her side of the conflict, She's done that enough (regret, self reflection), and imo Rogue getting punched into orbit evened the score between the two anyways.

I wonder if that Letter will be referenced again, hope so.

PS Having seen the Dark Phoenix movie trailer, I'm hankering for a Jean vs Carol bout!
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 02-28-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Hi Xelossik, it looks good, nice to see Rogue being intimidating sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/BU21MsK.gifv

I'm on ......oof.......my way!

Yeah I agree, but these two are always going to pitted against each other until a writer comes along to really ally them together.
    It could be done, but until then were moving a ridiculously slow pace.

It 'might' be my fanboyism speaking, but I'm normally pretty rational about everything else in life, BUT, I do think the ball is in Carols court now. She needs to acknowledge that Rogue was young, groomed, alone, scared of a pretty reliable precognition, stressed at her condition (mutation) and that Carol herself was older and military trained.

Carol needs to be seen to have grown up, considered the event from Rogues position. Until then I think both characters are stuck within each others rogues galleries. Your second scan shows this happening a bit in X-Men Legacy but Carol was doing that to get intel rather than 'peace'.

I really don't need to see more Rogue being apologetic. From her side of the conflict, She's done that enough (regret, self reflection), and imo Rogue getting punched into orbit evened the score between the two anyways.

I wonder if that Letter will be referenced again, hope so.

PS Having seen the Dark Phoenix movie trailer, I'm hankering for a Jean and Carol bout!
    Yes, I believe Carol needs to take at least some responsibility for what happened there on the Golden Gate. For starters, the whole idea that Carol believed she could somehow walk away from her "former" live and it would never catch up with her was ludicrous. Carol made enemies playing superhero and all of her ememies had one thing in common: they all have an ego. Sooner or later one of them was going to hunt her down and want payback. Here I'm showing images from UXM#203, where Rogue is reliving the events of the Golden Gate. Also I am inclosing an page from UXM#182 which Rogue states her encounter with Carol on the Golden Gate was not the first time they fought. If this is so, why didn't Carol learn anything about how to deal with a second encounter with Rogue? With all her military training and her enhanced powers Carol couldn't deal with a scawny teenage girl from the Mississippi outback? Which leads to a very controversial question: Did Carol want this to happen? Was Carol so fed up with her life as a super hero, especially after the Marcus debacal, she wanted rid to herself of it? If you read the original Ms.Marvel series, Carol had a period of split personality problems of one side being Carol and one side being this Kree warrior Ms.Marvel. Was Carol trying to rid herself of her "other" self and didn't think of the unintended consiquences?
    [img]Scan2019-02-28_070440_000.jpg[/img]
    [img]Scan2019-02-28_070440_001.jpg[/img]
    [img]Scan2019-02-28_070440_002.jpg[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Damn that smuck Michael Rossi, another rogue to add to Rogues rogues! ha

Your theory definitely humanizes Carol. Imo, it gives her more depth and pathos and also empowers her more than the victim that Marvel had been perpetuating for years, if there was an element of dejected despair to her character at that time (PTSD), then she all of a sudden, in my eyes becomes so much more, I can relate and empathize to her. I think they kind of tried to show mental health issues but the Rogue stuff got diminished by the need to salvage or quickly move Carol on from that Marcus story.

After years of Marvel pushing the tag line/synopsis of reformed-villain on Rogue and wronged hero on Carol and now Carol as 'practically perfect in every way' to one up Wonder Woman, I'm not sure whether Marvel would have the guts to risk the wrath of the female empowerment above all else crowd that they are aggressively targeting in their marketing of the movie, unless Disney have noticed the wealth of humanity/fun/feels/engaging/accessibility that Rogues character brings to a party!

I love Disney, I do, Hiya Mickey if you're reading, How's Minnie? Aw Well give her my regards, Cheerio, toodle-oo

PS Thanks for the scans mikeb, I read in the Romy thread that you're new to it all as am I on this site, there is a checkbox along the process of inserting an image that reads 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally' if you're uploading the image to a hosting site, check or uncheck (cant remember right now) the box to make the image visible to unsigned up readers, well, only if you want.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Yes, I believe Carol needs to take at least some responsibility for what happened there on the Golden Gate. For starters, the whole idea that Carol believed she could somehow walk away from her "former" live and it would never catch up with her was ludicrous. Carol made enemies playing superhero and all of her ememies had one thing in common: they all have an ego. Sooner or later one of them was going to hunt her down and want payback. Here I'm showing images from UXM#203, where Rogue is reliving the events of the Golden Gate. Also I am inclosing an page from UXM#182 which Rogue states her encounter with Carol on the Golden Gate was not the first time they fought. If this is so, why didn't Carol learn anything about how to deal with a second encounter with Rogue? With all her military training and her enhanced powers Carol couldn't deal with a scawny teenage girl from the Mississippi outback? Which leads to a very controversial question: Did Carol want this to happen? Was Carol so fed up with her life as a super hero, especially after the Marcus debacal, she wanted rid to herself of it? If you read the original Ms.Marvel series, Carol had a period of split personality problems of one side being Carol and one side being this Kree warrior Ms.Marvel. Was Carol trying to rid herself of her "other" self and didn't think of the unintended consiquences?
    [img]Scan2019-02-28_070440_000.jpg[/img]
    [img]Scan2019-02-28_070440_001.jpg[/img]
    [img]Scan2019-02-28_070440_002.jpg[/img]
    Dude, you're blaming Carol for being a victim. She absolutely does not need to take responsibility for what happened. It's almost like saying a rape victim is asking for it for being raped.

What Rogue did was horrible, she attacked Carol, stole her powers and through her off the bridge to die.

Post AvX, Captain Marvel and Rogue have been on pretty good terms. Actually, during AvX Rogue tried to save Ms. Marvel from Magik's prison.

With that said, Rogue reformed and is a hero. She's more than paid her dues and proven herself.

I'm perfectly fine with no flight and super strength for Rogue in the movies. Making her more effective in battle is more important and as X-Men evolution showed, she doesn't need to be a flying brick for that.