Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

1. Non-American - I'm sorry but they've got enough American heroes I'd like to see more Non-American heroes - I was thinking maybe from Africa? Just for a change.
    2. Heroic - Pretty obvious one really lol.
    3. Humour - I like heroes with a bit of humour.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

As a Singaporean whose only represented Singaporean Marvel human character is Tyger Tiger, I would love to see any new character who comes from South-East Asia (e.g. Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore or wherever that is not Madripoor) that happens to be a mutant rather than an inhuman. Those new inhumans popping everywhere and "Meet and Collect the Inhuman" story sounds more like every filler Pokemon episode.
    Also the South-East Asian new character should either be a hero or villain and doesn't have to be a cliche heroic teenager. I would also love to see any underused mutant power such as controlling water, invisibility or something.
    Last edited by MitchFox; 07-29-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Woman. Israeli. Tough soldier mentality.

I'd like to see her join Shield as a lowish recruit and rise fairly slowly rise through the ranks. No apparent super powers at first, but eventually emerge that she has special ability to link with computers.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Definitely not a New York superhero, he should be one that travels around the world...

Power-wise it should be a mimic a mimic\sync\rogue type ability ... So whoever he fights its in equal term .. from low to cosmic tier ..

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    1. Adult -- too many kids around already
    Not Really; there's only really the Nova & Ms. Marvel titles that are really all-ages. Marvel needs more, not less of them.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    As a Singaporean whose only represented Singaporean Marvel human character is Tyger Tiger, I would love to see any new character who comes from South-East Asia (e.g. Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore or wherever that is not Madripoor) that happens to be a mutant rather than an inhuman. Those new inhumans popping everywhere and "Meet and Collect the Inhuman" story sounds more like every filler Pokemon episode.
    Also the South-East Asian new character should either be a hero or villain and doesn't have to be a cliche heroic teenager. I would also love to see any underused mutant power such as controlling water, invisibility or something.
    Matt Fraction invented a whole new super hero team for the Philippines in Invincible Iron Man #2, the Triumph Division, which raised a lot of eyebrows here for two reasons: the English name of the team ("Triumph" reminded people of the Triumph brand of women's lingerie); and the names of the members aren't evocative of localization (St. George? Great Mongoose? (Mongoose are found only in one island here.)) The best member is probably Anitun, the human host of the lightning and thunder goddess Anitun (that's right, the Diwata beat the Asgardians in having a female goddess of thunder). They all got killed in the same issue, but were replaced and got mentioned recently in Mighty Avengers by Blue Marvel (thanks for the call-out Ewing! ).

Around the neighborhood, China has an Eight Immortals team that appeared in X-Men years ago, based on the mythological group of beings.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post
    Yep. And she/he have happy family without angsty background or dead parents. Let a superhero have a happy loving family for once.
    How would this affect their superheroing? Would it make them better, because they don't have a lot of drama at home and in their normal life? Or would it make them terrible, because they have it easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    A youthful good looking male character that is popular in school, has a lot of friends, a hot girlfriend, is good at sports, and has a loving family. There aren't any characters that are the cool ones in school too many losers.
    True enough. There aren't too many of those. You could make a case for Flash Thompson, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    If it's just the character itself, then it would be original powers (or use/combination of powers) and a solid introduction. After that, I'd want a commitment to the characters growth, without forcing it. Don't just give him or her a mini-series or an ongoing after a brief introduction because it doesn't feel earned or worse, it's ignored and the character goes into limbo. Let it make a few meaningful appearances, create some relationships, then commit to that next step, then I'm looking for unique villains and a solid supporting cast. I know a lot of that goes outside the realm of just the character, but I'm more interested in the stories that can be told with said character, and the execution of said stories, so the personality and history that a new character begins with isn't as important to me because all of that is going to/should evolve- unless that history goes beyond his or her personal life span which is always a bonus to me. I love stuff with a deep mythology behind it.
    How about a series of mini-series that are planned? They give you a 2 miniseries contract. They say, make this comic the best you can. You've got 3 issues to make an impact with this character. You get the first three issue limited series to make that impact, but you also get the next 3 issues guaranteed to make it as impossible to resist. Go with an origin story for the first three or go with the character already established working on a mystery, do whatever...but you only get 6. If you do well in six and you get enough interest, we'll bring you back for another 2 limited series of 3 issues each.

Would you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    For me it's mainly about humour. Ms. Marvel, Superior Foes, Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, (Waid's) Daredevil, Spidey, those are my kinda characters because they're cheerful to spend time with. I'm less inclined to read series with mopey protagonists; if I wanted those I'd find my old Final Fantasy VIII game! Out of those Hawkeye and Daredevil can be kinda downers sometimes, but things like the crisp cartoony art or delightfully zany plots can still keep the tone overall pretty light.

I'm not sure beyond that (this is why I'm a reader, not a writer :P ), but perhaps something slightly unique? I wonder if it could be done to write a comic in which the main character speaks no or very little English, perhaps learning over time? Should be doable since visual language allows to express so much; plus it could lead to hilarious situations. (I'm thinking a date with Johnny Storm who is forced to communicate in gestures and fails miserably.) Not sure about a power, maybe just a regular Marvel U citizen who just happens to stumble into a bunch of contrived situations. Or they could just produce a lot of foam, something fairly low-powered but visually interesting.

It'd also be refreshing if bad guys had some zanier plots again. Not always out for the main character, but just idiots trying to rob the local sandwhich store. Our hero(ine) stops them but OH NO they were actually going to give the sandwhiches to elders in a retirement home or something. Does our hero(ine) serve them a knuckle sandwhich or will they help the robbers to blenderise a few sandwhiches for a toothless elder? (WHY NOT BOTH?!)
    Or how about a therapeutic bowling alley visit with some other superheroes who have a lot to get off their chest? Spidey could use someone to listen to him without judging (plus our main character can't really reply much), although maybe the bowling ball would get stuck to his fingers...

Anyway like you can see, these are scenes at best, not enough to fill a series and I doubt Marvel will suddenly call me to write this for them. (But hey I'm available?)
    How about a guy who has these slits on the back of his leg that emit green mist? The mist causes people to trip. Like being drunk or stoned. Now, it's not a power that has a lot of control (I mean, once the mist escapes, it's up to the winds to disperse, right?). However, what if he had bad guys who wanted to hang out with him after a tough day of being beat up by the bad guys. They want him around cuz he's got free acid-trip inducing mist, but they also make fun of the guy because "his feet eject gas that gets you high, but from a distance, it looks like it smells HAHA!"

Also the moral dilemma factor is cool. What would you do with bad guys that steal to feed? Do you pay out of pocket to those that were robbed after the fact? Do you stop them, make the bad guys bring the food back and try to take them into the local police precinct? What do you do? Good question.

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    I would create a serial killer who went around killing zany teen heroes. He/ she may also take down a pc hero now and then.

Next i would create a reality altering being in the vein of the beyonder who would go ahead and just undo bendis marvel stuff.
    Kind of like Sylar, maybe? From the Heroes TV show?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Diversity and a world view that isn't the same as everyone else's
    Like what? Let's say a transvestite who thinks that communism is better than a democracy? Looking for specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    1)He would not be American and he would definitely not operate in New York. We already have enough of those. Maybe a greek whose family immigrated to Englad after WW2. Or a german whose family fled from Germany during WW2 and moved to America (in LA or San Fran maybe). Or a japanese member of the Yakuza who wishes to change, after they murder his girlfriend on the accusation that she stole something from them. An artifact maybe. Or a russian businessman who loses everything at the stock market and is left for dead by the board, and he has to get back up and get his revenge on them.

2)Powerset: Maybe a mutant with the power to control electronics and spring them to life. Kinda like the all-spark from the TF movies. Or, his source of pwer could be coming straight from Hell and give him all shorts of devilish gear, spells, weapons,etc...

3)Personality: A bit of a misfit, brainy but not Richards level. After the tranformation though, he would get some extra intelligence points so he should be at least as smart as Ock. He would kind of a jack-ass but in the lovable sense of it. Not a bad-boy, definitely. A bit shy maybe, so he uses the "insults" and all that to mask his insecurity.
    Would he be a good guy who turns bad? A bad guy who turns good? An anti-hero? A misunderstood hero?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post

and done.
    I love Adrian Alphona's art. I lost track of it after issue 2 (my LCS didn't order enough copies). I'm waiting for the first trade.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    first off not a mutant need to try and get in the movies.

Maybe one of the new inhumans, someone with a family but is the only one changed.

A reluctant hero (at least at first) who wants there old life but things keep coming at him or her.
    So, he/she would have to...what? Choose to live as power Inhuman amongst men or would he seek out his/her "own kind" and see if he/she fits in better in the new society that's being created by Medusa?

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    If Marvel were to try to create a new character, it'd be immediately met with cries of 'Mary Sue!'.

xD
    HAHA. I was sorry to see the Sentry being killed off, too. I'd like to see him come back...only because he was kind of crazy and over powered!

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    2. Heroic -- very little greyness
    3. American
    4. Never, ever been to New York City and has no desire to even visit it
    5. Female
    6. Non-White (but preferably not East Asian)
    What would this character stand for? Do they get persecuted because they aren't "the norm"? Why would you want to read this character over...say...someone like Blue Marvel solo or a Dust solo? Would it be because they aren't Americans? Would they come to love America if they ever got there?

Quote Originally Posted by Akktim View Post
    A ~35 y.o. newly awakened inhuman who's also the mom of two young kids and has to navigate between two worlds -- her human family, and the political power struggles of the inhuman royals. She should also be Latino I think.
    That's interesting. Peter Parker is lucky he never had to juggle a life with two kids and being Spider-Man.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    1. Non-American - I'm sorry but they've got enough American heroes I'd like to see more Non-American heroes - I was thinking maybe from Africa? Just for a change.
    2. Heroic - Pretty obvious one really lol.
    3. Humour - I like heroes with a bit of humour.
    I'm thinking a lot of Marvel readers are too used to New York and could use with some cold North West Territories character. How about a Canadian? How about a Canadian superhero with a cool power, but nowhere to use it, so he starts travelling the world and using his/her powers for adventures?

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    How about a guy who has the power to become invisible and uses his powers to be a thief in Saudi Arabia? He becomes notorious and has to flee to Egypt or something, but finds a bunch of super powered bounty hunters after him?

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Woman. Israeli. Tough soldier mentality.

I'd like to see her join Shield as a lowish recruit and rise fairly slowly rise through the ranks. No apparent super powers at first, but eventually emerge that she has special ability to link with computers.
    Kind of like an Israeli Sage-type character?

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    Definitely not a New York superhero, he should be one that travels around the world...

Power-wise it should be a mimic a mimic\sync\rogue type ability ... So whoever he fights its in equal term .. from low to cosmic tier ..
    So, the drama would be that if he were to get into a fight for stealing someone's powers, he would be challenged because he hasn't had the power all his life and every time he copies someone's power, he knows he'll lose it when he or she isn't around that person, so he never becomes good at using any of the powers? Or would he have the ability to recall the power?

Quote Originally Posted by VJ. View Post
    Not Really; there's only really the Nova & Ms. Marvel titles that are really all-ages. Marvel needs more, not less of them.
    I'd like to see more all-ages comics, too. Just cuz it's not for me but maybe for my nephew or niece. What character would occupy these all ages comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Matt Fraction invented a whole new super hero team for the Philippines in Invincible Iron Man #2, the Triumph Division, which raised a lot of eyebrows here for two reasons: the English name of the team ("Triumph" reminded people of the Triumph brand of women's lingerie); and the names of the members aren't evocative of localization (St. George? Great Mongoose? (Mongoose are found only in one island here.)) The best member is probably Anitun, the human host of the lightning and thunder goddess Anitun (that's right, the Diwata beat the Asgardians in having a female goddess of thunder). They all got killed in the same issue, but were replaced and got mentioned recently in Mighty Avengers by Blue Marvel (thanks for the call-out Ewing! ).

Around the neighborhood, China has an Eight Immortals team that appeared in X-Men years ago, based on the mythological group of beings.
    Off-topic, but I'd love to see the Immortal Weapons of the 7 Heavenly Cities re-appear. Are they still around?
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    So, the drama would be that if he were to get into a fight for stealing someone's powers, he would be challenged because he hasn't had the power all his life and every time he copies someone's power, he knows he'll lose it when he or she isn't around that person, so he never becomes good at using any of the powers? Or would he have the ability to recall the power?
    Actually would be more of how the characters interpretation of those powers would differ from its original host, kind of how Bruce Wayne would use the power of Marvel Venom, or how Peter Parker would use DC Firestorm power.. plus the challenge of understanding of his new powers I like as well, also a battle would never be lopsided .. winner will goto the one who can use their power more effectively .. So no I dont think he should able to recall powers as that would make him\her over-powered
    Last edited by 5Eyes; 07-30-2014 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    A youthful good looking male character that is popular in school, has a lot of friends, a hot girlfriend, is good at sports, and has a loving family. There aren't any characters that are the cool ones in school too many losers.
    I have a difficult time gauging the interest in reading about the great life of a Ken doll. I'm thinking that nerds aint going to want to read about the golly, swell life of a Richie Rich in Happyville. It's a less goofy Archie but with superheros?

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    I would create a serial killer who went around killing zany teen heroes. He/ she may also take down a pc hero now and then.

Next i would create a reality altering being in the vein of the beyonder who would go ahead and just undo bendis marvel stuff.
    What does that even mean?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse
    2. Heroic -- very little greyness
    3. American
    4. Never, ever been to New York City and has no desire to even visit it
    5. Female
    6. Non-White (but preferably not East Asian)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    What would this character stand for? Do they get persecuted because they aren't "the norm"? Why would you want to read this character over...say...someone like Blue Marvel solo or a Dust solo? Would it be because they aren't Americans? Would they come to love America if they ever got there?
    I wasn't really thinking that specifically. Honestly, there isn't a character that I want that couldn't be done with an already existing character, and I would actually prefer Marvel use already existing characters. There are far too many good characters being wasted, imo. My list of preferences was that the character be American, and by that, I mean either in nationality or residence. I really don't have an interest in stories set outside of America (and I'd include Canada in that). Even the UK stretches my interest almost too far.

Another thing I'd add to my list is that the character be as fairly normal as possible, outside of super powers-- have a fairly normal life, job, family, friends, and skill sets. I've had it up to here with soldier/mercenary/martial artist/spy types.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Female, black, late teens, Atlanta, with 24-hour post-cognitive powers. Small scope, neighborhood/community-based crime solver - knows who did what, problem is proving it and not getting killed in the process. No costumes or flash, balance of crime and her life.

i think i might be interested in see a story about a Skrull, maybe even on of the 'superskrull' that was left behind..or went AWOL.. after the Invasion.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by genixx View Post
    i think i might be interested in see a story about a Skrull, maybe even on of the 'superskrull' that was left behind..or went AWOL.. after the Invasion.
    Yes, I would buy a Lyja series! In a heartbeat!

Or an Ethan Edwards series.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier