Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Caveman. Detective. Solves crime using our most primal of instincts. Rents a room from a woman who recently went through a terrible divorce after her daughter died. They help each other out, help each other survive. The ex-husband works for Roxxon. Drama and action ensues.

Carries a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Female, black, late teens, Atlanta, with 24-hour post-cognitive powers. Small scope, neighborhood/community-based crime solver - knows who did what, problem is proving it and not getting killed in the process. No costumes or flash, balance of crime and her life.
    This sounds like Veronica Mars. I love that show so I approve of this.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

An Ape that was the victim of genetic experimentation escapes and becomes a shaolin monk. He eventually come back to the states to search for his kidnapped master. His name is Kong Fu.

Along the way he befriends another genetic abomination that is an anthropomorphic great white shark who has been given the brain of a washed up boxer. He's called The Great White Hope.

They fight crime. I get all of the dollars.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

Hope you all didn't sign release forms for this thread.

• Fourth-generation Japanese-Canadian 20something male from Vancouver (They always pick Eastern Canada and never West. Bugs the heck out of me.)
    • Raised Buddhist but non-practicing
    • Styled after classic super-sentai heroes (picture a white spandex, a helmet, and a flowing scarf)
    • I'm not really sure what his central conflict is yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    An Ape that was the victim of genetic experimentation escapes and becomes a shaolin monk. He eventually come back to the states to search for his kidnapped master. His name is Kong Fu.
    That's a hilariously catchy name.

I would be very sorry if an ape character is created called "Kong Fu" and you don't get any credits. That would truly suck.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

A straight white male, obvious for starters, otherwise I wouldn't be able to relate.

I kid, I kid.

Humour is always appreciated. As is someone that isn't based in NY. Someone who isn't super strong/smart/rich/unkillable.

I want an Agent of Sword. Working under Brand. Armed with nothing but laser guns and a jet pack. Dealing with **** that is above their pay grade and constantly complaining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by genixx View Post
    i think i might be interested in see a story about a Skrull, maybe even on of the 'superskrull' that was left behind..or went AWOL.. after the Invasion.
    I was all set to read that story when they were doing the Captain Marvel mini around Civil War. Unfortunately, they killed the character.

BANNED

I'm sick to death of teen heroes because there are no new stories to tell. I'd like to see an adult married superhero dealing with adult issues ala Spiderman before the deal with the devil.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

Another thing that pops in my mind is that what if there is a superpowered dog?
    The dog got its superpowers as it was a lab dog tested by the scientists to create a living weapon or it got a freak lab accident (sometime like Speedball's cat). The superpowered dog can be either a villain or a neutral character. It would work as an antagonist against Pet Avengers or any animal-related superhero.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    Another thing that pops in my mind is that what if there is a superpowered dog?
    The dog got its superpowers as it was a lab dog tested by the scientists to create a living weapon or it got a freak lab accident (sometime like Speedball's cat). The superpowered dog can be either a villain or a neutral character. It would work as an antagonist against Pet Avengers or any animal-related superhero.
    You mean Cosmo? He's a recurring character in GoTG and Nova. He was a Golden Retriever that the Soviets launched into space and through some radiation or something became sentient and is telepathic.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    You mean Cosmo? He's a recurring character in GoTG and Nova. He was a Golden Retriever that the Soviets launched into space and through some radiation or something became sentient and is telepathic.
    Cosmo is a heroic superpowered dog, I was talking about a superpowered dog that is antagonistic towards the humans or heroes who get in its way.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Well, really, we assume he's a Soviet cosmonaut because of his accent, but nothing in the comics has ever confirmed that, as far as I know. And considering we first met him in an outpost at the edge of the universe (which is a place with all kinds of strange creatures and a teleporter) his origin could be far wackier than "super-powered Russian space dog".

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    Cosmo is a heroic superpowered dog, I was talking about a superpowered dog that is antagonistic towards the humans or heroes who get in its way.
    We have a dog, well actually a puppy, Thori of Garm the Hellhound, who is engagingly antagonistic. But then he's extradimensional in origin. I guess you want an Earth dog.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

The element that matters most, I think, is a good origin story, and that doesn't seem easy to do.

Ms. Marvel, for example, is a great comic, and a great new character, but that origin story is pretty weak. It's not particularly memorable, or metaphorical, or meaningful, and I really think that limits the long-term potential of the character.