Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    The element that matters most, I think, is a good origin story, and that doesn't seem easy to do.

Ms. Marvel, for example, is a great comic, and a great new character, but that origin story is pretty weak. It's not particularly memorable, or metaphorical, or meaningful, and I really think that limits the long-term potential of the character.
    I'm not so sure about that. Look at Wolverine, for years his origin was a mystery. Origins can always be tweaked I think the character catching people's imagination is more important.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. Look at Wolverine, for years his origin was a mystery. Origins can always be tweaked I think the character catching people's imagination is more important.
    That's a fair point. I suppose some of the origin stories I consider iconic have been tweaked over the years, and simplified down to the most meaningful elements.

I'd be interested in reading a benevolent anti-hero.
    Someone willing to weigh on the world, willing to heal it, not simply punching villains once in a while. A mix between Toyo Harada and Robin Hood in short !
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    So, he/she would have to...what? Choose to live as power Inhuman amongst men or would he seek out his/her "own kind" and see if he/she fits in better in the new society that's being created by Medusa?

god no, I would rather someone who tries to cling to their old life and the ability to help keeps pulling them away.