Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Diamondback (Rachel Leighton) Appreciation (2019)

First Appearance: Captain America #310 (October 1985)
    as a member of the Serpent Society:

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition Vol. 2 No. 3 (February 1986)

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition No. 3 (February, 1991)

Another fan of Diamondback here. She is my fifth favorite character in the Marvel Universe. I have collected all of her appearances. I enjoy her presence in the Domino series.

I have a laser blaster. With it, we shall delete Sharon from the timestream and let Rachel take her rightful place.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Rachel has always been my favourite of Steve Rogers' love interests (although I do enjoy both Carter women, and Bernie Rosenthal), but the great thing is that she functions just fine as a character independent of her connection to Cap. Her storyline in THE INITIATIVE and the relationship that she developed with Constrictor there was fantastic, and I am loving her role in DOMINO as well.

I just wonder where the notion of Rachel as "a bit of a snob" in DOMINO came from though. Looking back at Rachel's background, she doesn't really strike me as the type to be snobby, given the rough neighbourhood she came from.

Oh, I love Rachel. Always have. I started reading Cap with Gruenwald, so I admit I'm nostalgic for her over Steve's other girlfriends (though I do love all of them - Steve's got great taste). I got irritated at Brubaker, then Spencer, for treating her so shabbily. Loved Domino though. Thank god for Gail Simone. Although I agree the 'bit of a snob' thing is off-putting. And did she need to mention it every other issue? We get it. We got it the first time.

I hope that Rachel discovers that she has a mutant power and then joins the X-Men.