Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

One of the interesting things is that even before Azz, Dc did try to give her a father. Or tried to. I think in the silver age Hippoltya stated to Diana her father was lost at sea.

Mighty Member

It's been going on 8 years now since that change was made and nothing has changed since so it's safe to say DC has made up their mind. Fans and writers, however, are still not accepting it fully. I personally have grown to not mind it at all. Either origin along with her E1 origin is fine with me and it does embolden the canon of the character so writers can take whatever spin they want to on her. My only issue is with what Azzarello said about her now being easily defined since her birth never really defined her before and I don't see why it should have. She was first just an Amazon born like all other amazons were. Then she became the clay baby but the focus was mostly on her as an embassador or princess moreso than on how she got her powers. I think if he wanted to define her he really should have focused more on establishing her character in the universe more as opposed to just making Zeus her father. I still never understood the point of remaking WW over and still not telling us how shes doing any of the things she does.

Where does she live? How does she finance her life? Who are her villains? etc. I still felt that was never explained and it got her n52 story off to a bad start. I still liked the comics and I think they were cool but it felt like he forgot that she was a core superhero character in the DC universe and that it really should have been a one shot or something. Though I do kind of like that he took the character away from some of those political roots she had and freed her up to have different stories told. I just can never really understand or make sense of Diana being a constant wonderer with no personal life.

They have made up their minds: She’s the daughter of Zeus. They didn’t let Rucka get rid of that even though they let him get rid of everything else. Diana has the “blood of the Old Gods” in the DCEU so I’m almost positive she’s Zeus’ biological child, Patty just isn’t dwelling on it. Going forward Diana will be Zeus’ kid, I don’t see them ever walking that back, or at the very least not anytime soon.

It sucks for those who (understandably) don’t like Zeus being involved, but they have been pretty steadfast about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerulean Scarab View Post
    Wonder Woman could’ve been dropped off by Yoshi and it would hardly make a difference. As for the Zeus stuff, I’m indifferent to it. It adds some storytelling potential while having an easy explanation for her powers, and can be quietly forgotten unless a plot specifically calls for Greek god family drama.
    Except that the Pérez run was defined by Olympian family drama, and he also really set out to explore Amazon history and the significance of Diana's birth from clay. Rucka also had no problem doing Greek god family drama in his first run. (In fact, as soon as you introduce two or more Greek gods, you should have family drama; otherwise you're doing it wrong. Family drama is their thing.)

The Zeus origin doesn't add anything to Diana's story or potentials except the paternal narrative.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

And yet we still have a WW who is suceptible to bullets. If she’s Zeus child, she should be bulletproof.
    And yet we still have a WW who doesn’t fly across all media. If she’s Zeus child, she should be doing that all the time.
    And yet we still have a WW who isn’t the physical equal of Superman. If she’s Zeus child, she should be his equal in strength, full stop.

For all the talk of it being akin to a mere cosmetic change that didn’t affect her narrative in any significant way, absolutely no one has made a reasonable case to justify the change.

Even before her being Zeus's child Dc will never let Diana be equal to Superman. Despite throughout the years shown she is Superman's equal. I have a question with the bullets. If she is bulletproof what about the swords and other pierce objects? We have seen unlike Superman Diana does have some immune to some magically attacks.Should the sword break if it's a regular sword?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Even before her being Zeus's child Dc will never let Diana be equal to Superman. Despite throughout the years shown she is Superman's equal. I have a question with the bullets. If she is bulletproof what about the swords and other pierce objects? We have seen unlike Superman Diana does have some immune to some magically attacks.Should the sword break if it's a regular sword?
    If its regular, yeah. If it's made of some unbreakable or magical material, that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    If its regular, yeah. If it's made of some unbreakable or magical material, that's fine.
    True. I do think that should include Amazon weapons to.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    True. I do think that should include Amazon weapons to.
    Sure. Let's say that Aphrodite taught the Amazons her husband Hephaestus's secrets to forging weapons, so they're all magical.