Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Is Nick Fury ever getting back to his classic normal mode?

I haven't been following Marvel regularly for years, but I do know that Nick Fury has been through some pretty drastic changes over the past decade...first aged into the old man that he actually is without the Infinity Formula, making Thor Odinson unworthy, and being turned into a cosmic being called the Unseen. Overall, some pretty weird detours for the former Howling Commando and Director of SHIELD.

In light of all this, can we ever expect Nick Fury to return to his classic normal mode, as seen below?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

the unseen is going to be restored only when thor becomes worthy once again.

Eventually. Everything goes back to how it was eventually. Or so we can hope.

I wish Marvel will do more with the New Nick Fury by giving him his original first name back and by making him an a full time Agent. Maybe place him on a Team or something. That way the Original Nick Fury can come back to leading SHEILD. No reason we can't have both Fury's in the MU and I would read the New Fury in an on-going or a group book, I'm sure others might as well.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yeah he’ll be back. The fresh start wave going on might bring him back soon.
    Fingers crossed sandy I hate the new Nick Fury (and what they did to proper Nick Fury)

I dunno. I actually think he may be done forever. Samuel L Jackson's version is really well received. Changing him back would be seen as diminishing diversity. And Classic Fury is the sort of C-lister who simply doesn't have the popularity needed to push past the aforementioned reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I dunno. I actually think he may be done forever. Samuel L Jackson's version is really well received. Changing him back would be seen as diminishing diversity. And Classic Fury is the sort of C-lister who simply doesn't have the popularity needed to push past the aforementioned reasons.
    It wouldn't be changing him back Marcus Johnson and Nick Fury are different characters. What I am trying to figure what Nick Fury really brings to table that Marcus Johnson doesn't bring other than whiteness and connection to group of people(Howling Commandos) who should be dead. I mean comics is big enough for both but they went through whole bunch of backflips to make Nick Fury Jr. And Nick Fury has been Sam Jackson Fury in most cartoons and movies.

I agree with you I don't see them bring back Old man Nick and since most people have forgotten Battle Scars and Nick Jr has been integrated now for years they can use both characters the same in stories. I don't see what the point would be to restoring him back.

Nah. He’s gone for good. The public a large believes the new one is the original and in a couple of years most of the comic reading crowd will Ave grown up with will believe he was the original as well. Soon he’ll an obscure trivia fact

Neither version is popular enough to sustain a regular series on their own, it would be better for both to team them up. A father/son spy comic might actually please everybody.

I think Nick Fury might have gone the way of Mar-Vell.

He might show up in future stories but will never get his former position back.

I'd be OK with OG Nick going out, even if that last development was not to my liking. Nick, Jr. had a nice little series by Robinson and he could be developed into a very workable character.

FuryMeme'jpg.jpg

Mighty Member

The Samuel L Jackson version is too popular. But, the problem they have is that the Mark Johnson version is not as interesting. They need to bring back the Ultimate version of Nick Fury in the 616.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    The Samuel L Jackson version is too popular. But, the problem they have is that the Mark Johnson version is not as interesting. They need to bring back the Ultimate version of Nick Fury in the 616.
    Marcus Johnson has got to be one of the most bungled attempts at movie synergy I have ever seen, and the whole "Unseen" thing was a pretty lackluster sendoff for OG!Fury anyways.

Is it any surprise Fury Jr. has fallen off the face of the Marvel Universe ?

And I don't think we would have seen SHIELD completely disbanded like it is now if Fury had still been in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I think a lot of the appeal to the Marcus Johnson Nick Jr is we're seeing him grow. Movie and Ultimate Samuel Jackson Nick is cool, but we didn't see him grow into the role like we did OG Nick. Marcus can eventually grow into a role much more like the movie or Ultimate Nick, provided fans accept that growth.

I LOVED Robinson's series. the one and done stories, the bizarre coloring and the range of settings did a great job putting Jr into a role he fit.

Fury Jr. is in Punisher every other month. It's Hill who's vanished.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I think a lot of the appeal to the Marcus Johnson Nick Jr is we're seeing him grow. Movie and Ultimate Samuel Jackson Nick is cool, but we didn't see him grow into the role like we did OG Nick. Marcus can eventually grow into a role much more like the movie or Ultimate Nick, provided fans accept that growth.

I LOVED Robinson's series. the one and done stories, the bizarre coloring and the range of settings did a great job putting Jr into a role he fit.
    I don't think any major Marvel writer is really going to give Jr. that kind of focus and screentime to where he can develop into that kind of character.

Like, I don't see him going from Punisher (which is where he's apparently been) to believably being a head honcho of the Marvel Universe like his dad was.