Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    yeah he was a worst bastard than OG Nick Fury. But he is not more irredeemable than Iron man , Cyclops, Bishop,Beast, Scartlet Witch, Wonder Man, Doctor Strange, Namor ... The 616 universe is full of heroes who did horrible things but were forgiven afterwards. And Ultimate Nick Fury is not motivated by ego , but by the greater good. His methods can be controversial, even morally wrong, but it's what make him interesting.
    Except they tend to retcon or try to heavily ignore the shitty things those people did wheras Ult Furys never done thatm

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Except they tend to retcon or try to heavily ignore the shitty things those people did wheras Ult Furys never done thatm
    Yes, the irredeemable things can be retconned or ignored too (he was influenced by the maker, for example). It's very easy, specially in the 616.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I think a lot of the appeal to the Marcus Johnson Nick Jr is we're seeing him grow. Movie and Ultimate Samuel Jackson Nick is cool, but we didn't see him grow into the role like we did OG Nick. Marcus can eventually grow into a role much more like the movie or Ultimate Nick, provided fans accept that growth.

I LOVED Robinson's series. the one and done stories, the bizarre coloring and the range of settings did a great job putting Jr into a role he fit.
    I've actually thought it was the exact opposite.

One of the coolest things about both original and ultimate Fury...and even MCU Fury was their unspoken experience. They were #1 top spy in the world. They knew all the secrets.. they knew where all the bodies were buried. Just when you thought you had an edge on them... they were two steps ahead of you. They've been doing it for decades and were at th

That's what Nick fury used to be. It's something that's been lost pretty hard since Hill took over and Civil War.... now SHIELD is pretty much a joke (or disbanded) as opposed to being this all-powerful entity.

Seeing a Nick Fury who's starting as rookie and thrown in over his head... That's the LAST thing I want in a Nick Fury.

Marcus Johnson could have worked as his own character, but they had to do the most contrived possible thing to make him the new Nick Fury. Nobody could possibly guess that the character we’re getting in the comics now is the same one that appeared in Battle Scars. Heck, Coulson has basically been retconned into being a carbon copy of the MCU version despite being vastly different in the miniseries. That I don’t mind though because he wasn’t replacing anybody. I’d say at this point, just pull the classic Fury retcon. Say Marcus was an LMD. Once Utau comes back, revert original Nick back to his old self- with the infinity formula- and have him admit that the whole story about being the man on the wall was a lie he told. And if you want Sam Jackson Fury, bring back the Ultimate version.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I've actually thought it was the exact opposite.

One of the coolest things about both original and ultimate Fury...and even MCU Fury was their unspoken experience. They were #1 top spy in the world. They knew all the secrets.. they knew where all the bodies were buried. Just when you thought you had an edge on them... they were two steps ahead of you. They've been doing it for decades and were at th

That's what Nick fury used to be. It's something that's been lost pretty hard since Hill took over and Civil War.... now SHIELD is pretty much a joke (or disbanded) as opposed to being this all-powerful entity.

Seeing a Nick Fury who's starting as rookie and thrown in over his head... That's the LAST thing I want in a Nick Fury.
    Yeah but sounds cool but that is just M from James Bond or Alexander Piece in Winter Soldier, The master string puller is just a person sitting behind a desk and why OG Nick Fury didn't work as concept for years infinity formula or not. No doubt you can get some good moments but one of reasons Nick Fury kept on being limbo because you couldn't really actively use him. It might have been the last thing you might have wanted to see but it was smart to attempt a Nick Fury that could be used more actively before he was Shield Nick Fury he was Sgt Fury and James Bond like character.

....isn't Marcus Fury doing the same thing? He only had like two books where he could be considered really "active" and his appearances are so far in between he might as well be doing the same thing as old Fury.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

and why the hell is he wearing Steve Rogers' secret avengers uniform? did he win it in a card game? why did the other rank and file SHIELD agents not get their own? Marcus gets one because he, what, has no depth perception?

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Well no because Hard Men Who Do Hard Things often end up murdered after pushing their superhuman assets too hard. OG Nick had a sense of heart about him , he could play dirty but often left that 'till last. Ult Nick Fury always started dirty and ended up with The Ultimates throwing him to the Squadron Supreme.
    and when the dust cleared (last issue of squadron supreme), Ultimate Nick was still standing. the point is that the marvel universe doesn't need a Nick Fury who is actively running around in tights fighting people. it needs a leader and behind the scenes guy. Marcus, no matter how much they want to force it, was not introduced with those qualifications. plus, no matter how they pitch him as an action hero, he still has Samuel L Jackson's face. and I know enough about Samuel L Jackson to know that he's no action hero.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 01-31-2019 at 06:08 AM.

BANNED

I’m in agreement as I am not that much of a fan of Nick Fury JR and how he was created. Honestly it’s insulting with what Marvel did to the ORIGINAL Nick Fury enough for the Dum Dum Dugan retcon thing to be reversed a bit.

I’m in the campenof we rather have Ultimate Nick Fury, than Nick Fury Jr. I mean one of the few things that Ultimate Nick Fury regretted was the Death of Spider-man. So seeing Miles May have given him a second chance at things. Having him teleported to 616 it would be interesting to see how he adapted to the 616 Spider-man like Miles did.

I don’t want original Nick replaced either way. But like I said before, if you want to have Ultimate Fury exist in his own Ultimate titles, be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I don’t want original Nick replaced either way.
    if there's a SHIELD, it needs a director. Nick has been replaced several times over the years. that chair constantly has a new person sitting in it. currently, he's Leonardo Davinci.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    if there's a SHIELD, it needs a director. Nick has been replaced several times over the years. that chair constantly has a new person sitting in it. currently, he's Leonardo Davinci.
    I think you know what I meant. Not replaced by somebody with the same name.

Hmmmmm, it would be giving Hickman's SHIELD a LOT of meaning, but there are a number of historical figures running around through SHIELD's past. Perhaps bring OG Nick in as being one of them worthy of being a true director of SHIELD is a direction worth taking.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Hmmmmm, it would be giving Hickman's SHIELD a LOT of meaning, but there are a number of historical figures running around through SHIELD's past. Perhaps bring OG Nick in as being one of them worthy of being a true director of SHIELD is a direction worth taking.
    i'm saying that Leonardo is, literally, running SHIELD. he recruited Miles-Spider-man, Riri, Reptil, Stryker, and some more C-Listers in an issue of Iron Man. it was bendis. so maybe they'll ignore it. i'm all for Davinci being involved. but i'd rather original or Ultimate Nick be the figurehead. i'd also rather see non superhumans be the rank and file.

and when the dust cleared (last issue of squadron supreme), Ultimate Nick was still standing. the point is that the marvel universe doesn't need a Nick Fury who is actively running around in tights fighting people. it needs a leader and behind the scenes guy. Marcus, no matter how much they want to force it, was not introduced with those qualifications. plus, no matter how they pitch him as an action hero, he still has Samuel L Jackson's face. and I know enough about Samuel L Jackson to know that he's no action hero.
    Love it! I prefer my Fury with a little bit of Hickman swagger ... yeah and sans tights.

A2F28E4F-094C-42DA-A5F5-25CA8D61D4E0.jpg