Default Wonder Woman #63用review and short Wilson interview

Screenrant has posted the preview of Wonder Woman #63 and a short interview with Wilson about it.

It's kind of as I've been writing it. I'm coming off a superhero book very much street-level that really doesn't leave our very ordinary sphere of experience. That world of street corners and convenience stores. 'How do I be a superhero but get good grades at the same time?' Diana does not inhabit that world. even though she's here in our world, she occupies a completely different plane of existence. Because she grew up a princess in this realm of immortal or semi-immortal women of tremendous power, in a matriarchy, and on an island. So her experience is radically different from ours. And I thought it would be interesting to introduce more of those street-level elements to her story so that we got that really rich contrast between the world that she comes from and the world that we live in. Because I think there is some really powerful storytelling beats in there. And sometimes visual contrasts as well, you know? Pegasus crammed into a booth at a restaurant - it's fun stuff that just kind of drives home how very different that world is from ours.

Reading the interview a bit more closely (it's well worth a read!) I note that Wilson intends to examine our own world more closely, through the eyes of Diana and through the eyes of our trio of Cadmus, Eirene, and Damon.

She's obviously coming at it from another direction than I'd do from my headcanon, but I think it's an angle for Wonder Woman that has been distinctly underdeveloped and underused. Wilson to me seems exactly like the writer to tackle those questions and to bring back some of Wonder Woman's political roots.

Woo! Im pumped! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Woo! Im pumped! ^^
    Me too! That was a highly enjoyable preview.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

I like what she doing but could she give us taste of tremendous power instead of just lip service like DC

I love it! The creatures have such a great personality. This preview right here is already better than the first arc. And Lupacchino's art helps a lot

I'm happy that Wilson is writing about matters that are important to her. I know every writer kind of does that but her care for the theme really comes through here.