Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Phoenix as a character

As many times as the Phoenix comes and goes and finds a host...do you think it would be better if the Phoenix was made into a character? Given a human-ish form without a host and just made her join the Xmen? I think it would be an interesting dynamic with Jean, but also as a love interest for Scott or Logan.

Astonishing Member

The Phoenix is already a character, but not human, like the Venom Symbiote

I'd considered something similar, but instead as a cosmic villain that nearly everyone recognizes is NOT Jean Grey, but merely looks and sounds like her.

I worry there's no way to combat and defeat a threat like Phoenix. Proteus, Jaspers, and Mxyzptlk all have contrived weaknesses. Phoenix, were it to become a legitimate villain, would probably be emotionally manipulated by familiar X-Men... and I don't trust THAT in the hands of most writers.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    As many times as the Phoenix comes and goes and finds a host...do you think it would be better if the Phoenix was made into a character? Given a human-ish form without a host and just made her join the Xmen? I think it would be an interesting dynamic with Jean, but also as a love interest for Scott or Logan.
    I would love to see that.
    Screenshot_10.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    The Phoenix is already a character, but not human, like the Venom Symbiote
    That's what I'm asking...she could create her own human form....one that isn't Jean, or Rachel, or Hope, or anyone else.

Imagine her and Sinister joining forces to stalk and perv on Jean and Scott.

Hmmnnn......

"The Phoenix does rarely bond with hosts who can withstand it's incredible powers, but we are 2 separate entities. Although we do often take the name Phoenix, when so bonded...."

"......Even in the 31st Century, lo, there shall be a Phoenix! And I am he!"
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 01-29-2019 at 07:41 AM.

The Phoenix was technically a separate member for quite a while...since that was not in fact Jean.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Phoenix should stay a Mac Guffin. If they make her a humanoid character she'll got tossed aside like Danger or reverted like Galactus.
    "Cable was right!"

too off-premise
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

I think what we have now is good. It has some character, it has its moments, but it never loses that mystery.

No. It’s way too powerful for them to humanize it. Bonding with human hosts is the closest it should get to that

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I'm not in favor of anything that further separates Jean and the Phoenix Force as separate entities. Any feelings the PF may have for Scott or Logan come from Jean. I think that part is at least clear.

Her relationship with the PF will always be part of Jean's story and what makes her unique despite the ongoing erosion of the original narrative.

I want for Jean/Phoenix to become the lesbian version of Venom/Eddie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I want for Jean/Phoenix to become the lesbian version of Venom/Eddie.
    No! It only works with Eddie and Venom because Eddie and Venom have grown as people over the past couple of years!