Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah. I mentioned that series. I think he brought that up in Vol 1 AND 2 though yeesh.
    Well thats alot. Its been ridiculous in recent years especially since there's been no cohesion. They dont add and build on each other but each seem to do their own thing

I'll also add Generations to the list

BANNED

They did it for Cerebro...who knows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    All the future Phoenix Quentin Stories Aaron was doing in Wolverine and the X-Men
    Then add Generation X since QQ gave Jubilee his portion of the Phoenix to fix her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Then add Generation X since QQ gave Jubilee his portion of the Phoenix to fix her powers.
    Then add the mighty thor:Asgardian wars where Jane and Quentin fought the Phoenix

Then add the Thor book where old king Thor fought old Phoenix Wolverine, and then old king Thor got the Phoenix force in his hammer and became old king Phoenix

Christ, Jason Aaron was a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah. I mentioned that series. I think he brought that up in Vol 1 AND 2 though yeesh.
    Ouch, I really should pay attention to older posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It honestly wouldn't make the slightest bit of sense at this point. One idea I thought to bring Jean closer to the Phoenix again would be that Jean was actually created by the Phoenix as the perfect host, sort of a human reflection, what the Phoenix would be had it been born a human. Which would explain why that cavewoman from billions of years ago looks like her even though they're completely unrelated. It would be a huge thing for Jean that she would totally hate and would affect her mind a lot, but, well, that's why I think it would be interesting.
    Nice!!! I like that.
    My solution would be for Phoenix to be the ultimate potential for Jean. She reaches this potential sometime in the future. And then when her body dies, her psionic mind lives on - as the Phoenix. The Phoenix continues to evolve, becomes a cosmic force, travels in space and travels in time. Is always drawn to Earth and then to Jean. Reaches out to Jean when she flies the space shuttle. And the circle is complete.
    Yes, it is quite convoluted, but we have had more convoluted Phoenix stories than that. :-)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Nice!!! I like that.
    My solution would be for Phoenix to be the ultimate potential for Jean. She reaches this potential sometime in the future. And then when her body dies, her psionic mind lives on - as the Phoenix. The Phoenix continues to evolve, becomes a cosmic force, travels in space and travels in time. Is always drawn to Earth and then to Jean. Reaches out to Jean when she flies the space shuttle. And the circle is complete.
    Yes, it is quite convoluted, but we have had more convoluted Phoenix stories than that. :-)
    And then do you explain Rachel because she's a child from another reality and when Jean isn't there she's basically "good enough" for the Phoenix?...because wasn't Jean alive when Rachel was Phoenix in Excalibur?

And then do you explain Rachel because she's a child from another reality and when Jean isn't there she's basically "good enough" for the Phoenix?...because wasn't Jean alive when Rachel was Phoenix in Excalibur?
    Rachel is also the most stable of all the Phoenix hosts as she was tempted a little bit but never corrupted by the power. She also held the Phoenix longer than anyone else. From when she first arrived in 616 from the 811 universe, all through her time with the X-Men, then imprisoned in Mojoworld by Spiral, then Rachel's return to the 616 universe and a member of Excalibur. While Rachel was host the Phoenix talked to Galacticus and he advised the Phoenix she had to reduce how much power she was using because she was stealing life energy from the future of the universe to power herself in the present, that's when Phoenix reduced her power levels in Rachel to provide better balance and stability. Of course not long after this Rachel sacrificed herself to the time stream to save Captain Britain. The Phoenix only left her when Rachel was trapped in the endless dark when she was expelled when the Askani timeline ceased to exist. By the time Gaunt had Rachel as a prisoner at the end of time the Phoenix had already left her and she just had an echo/remnant of it's power still.

The same way it already happened in the comics - that Jean rejected it when she felt what it had done and that the Phoenix then turned to Rachel. I wouldn’t change anything in the stories, just give the Phoenix force another origin, truer to what the Phoenix was originally meant to be - Jean’s true potential. :-)

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

They should only introduce the Phoenix Force as a character if the point is to establish that all previous manifestions of her/it, wasn't her/it. And then she/it should go back to the cosmic plane where it belongs.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin