Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Maybe a generational thing, but I never thought Cumberbatch would have worked as Dr. Strange. Dr. Fate maybe, but not Strange.

And I agree that Constance Wu would be a good choice for Sersi. There are several actors that I like for the role. Mostly "there is no box" thinking that dares the audience to defy the notion that the role was made for her, much the way Gal Gadot did with Wonder Woman. But if Marvel has indeed settled on Angelina as Sersi, then we'll just have to wait and see how that turns out.
    I was personally never on the Cumberbatch train, but pretty much every time I saw a fancast list for Strange, he was on it. People were talking about him for Strange before they even announced the movie... It always seemed like he was being somewhat type-cast based on his role in Sherlock.

But, yeah, I'm at peace with Jolie is that's truly the case. Hopefully she'll be good – Marvel Studio's cast is usually pretty dependable. The choice of Chloe Zhao director for the project is quite interesting and adds to my confidence in the project.

And, if nothing else... Kumail Nanjiani is rumored to be in the cast as well, and he's always great.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That whole Harras/Epting era of the Avengers I think is underrated. The stuff they did with Black Knight and Sersi back in the day was a lot of fun.

It's a shame they never followed up on that afterwards. I think there was some stuff with the Ultraverse and that was it.
    I loved that era minus The Crossing. It made Sersi one of my favorite characters during that era. The stories were interesting, the art was good, and it didn't just rely on characters that already existed, but introduced new ones.

I have no idea who could play her as the look is one aspect, you also have to have that femme fatale type of demeanor. Sersi is part socialite party girl and part femme fatale, so you have to have a certain level of energy that I don't see many actresses capturing these days. If Megan Fox could act she has the look (or had before her unfortunate -on both a mental and physical level- use of botox).
    I think Sherilyn Fenn would have been perfect back around the original run of Twin Peaks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's a shame that Sersi never remained a mainstay on the Avengers. She was such a cool character. And I even enjoyed the whole thing she had with Dane.

Maybe when the Eternals movie shows up, Sersi will find her way back on the Avengers. Or at least get more spotlight.
    I agree, loved that line up and those two were great.

Been collecting the epic collection of that run.

I hope the movie means a return of her to the avengers

BANNED

Avengers #375 Jun 1994
    "The Last Gathering" Guest-starring Thena and Sprite.
    In the heart of New York City, Earth's Mightiest Heroes lay it all on the line to derail Proctor's diabolic plan to destroy the prime reality!
    With his eternal victory drawing near, Proctor siphons the powers of Sersi and Ute the aging Watcher

and creates an energy vortex to collapse all realities! On countless alternative Earths, Proctor and his Gatherers have always
    triumphed over the Avengers! But on this Earth, the relationships among Dane, Sersi, Crystal and Pietro are different and unique!

Will the power of love be the difference between life and death for all existence? A sensational story with a poignant ending!

Script by Bob Harras. Pencils by Steve Epting. Inks by Tom Palmer.

Angelina Jolie is Thena, Maybe Sersi no in the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Angelina Jolie is Thena, Maybe Sersi no in the Movie
    That would be messed up. Due to her tenure on the Avengers, she's arguably the most high profile eternal. I know she's my favorite.

Well her role in Captain Marvel was pretty forgettable, so I’d be all for her being Sersi. And if she does make the cut then I hope this means that certain actors can come back in new roles (like Idris Elba as Blue Marvel).
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

Captain America #355 Jul 1989
    "Missing Persons" Guest-starring Sersi.
    After talking to Raymond Sikorsky regarding John Walker and the black uniform,
    Bernie Rosenthal makes a desperate phone call for help to Steve Rogers!
    Teenagers including Bernie's sister are mysteriously disappearing.

After undergoing a transmutation from Sersi,

Captain America goes under cover as a teenager to investigate!

Story by Mark Gruenwald. Art by Rich Buckler and Al Milgrom.

I'd dig it.

I'm all for it. She's a beauty, and if she can pull off Sersi's voice and personality, she'd be perfect .

Plus, she was kind of wasted in Captain Marvel...

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

She definitely needs to be brought back. Avengers, on Abigail Brand's team, or working with the Guardians of the Galaxy would all be suitable for her talents. I also think that a meeting between Sersi and Emma needs to happen.

Poster oficial by Rodney Fuentebella artista conceptual #marvelstudios