Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
Maybe a generational thing, but I never thought Cumberbatch would have worked as Dr. Strange. Dr. Fate maybe, but not Strange.

And I agree that Constance Wu would be a good choice for Sersi. There are several actors that I like for the role. Mostly "there is no box" thinking that dares the audience to defy the notion that the role was made for her, much the way Gal Gadot did with Wonder Woman. But if Marvel has indeed settled on Angelina as Sersi, then we'll just have to wait and see how that turns out.
I was personally never on the Cumberbatch train, but pretty much every time I saw a fancast list for Strange, he was on it. People were talking about him for Strange before they even announced the movie... It always seemed like he was being somewhat type-cast based on his role in Sherlock.

But, yeah, I'm at peace with Jolie is that's truly the case. Hopefully she'll be good – Marvel Studio's cast is usually pretty dependable. The choice of Chloe Zhao director for the project is quite interesting and adds to my confidence in the project.

And, if nothing else... Kumail Nanjiani is rumored to be in the cast as well, and he's always great.