Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

It's a little weird how they cut around the speeches in those D23 videos. Like Coogler's speech; it isn't like he revealed anything. Why not show it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think Carol would still be confused if she met Sersi... she might think she's a revived Minn-Erva in disguise. A different skin colour doesn't stop them having the same face.
    She will be no more confused than Tony was with Rhodey having a different face.

Astonishing Member

Cool that Sersi is in the Eternals movie.
    I was afraid that she would not be in the movie after knowing the first news about the Eternals movie.

Never doubted for a second

But many doubted my certainty

Amazing Member

Ive read a healthy amount of Eternals lately, and I have to say, I really like Sersi. Transmutation is an awesome power, and she has a really cool design. Her relationship with the Black Knight was quite intriguing and I cannot wait to see it on the big screen. Interesting that they got Gemma Chan to play the role, considering that Angelina Jolie was long-rumored and that Gemma also plays Minn-Erva in Captain Marvel. How do we feel about the second high-profile reuse of an actor (the first being Blade/Cottonmouth)? Is Gemma Chan the right woman for the role? Was Angelina Jolie a better option?

Praise be Feige.

I don’t think reusing an actor for Sersi is a big deal. Minn-Erva was kind of underused and I think using Gemma Chan for another role that’s bigger and more substantial is a good idea. Especially after the success of Crazy Rich Asians, they’d be stupid not to.

As for the Blade/Cottonmouth thing... the Netflix shows were never really considered canon by Feige so it shouldn’t be an issue.

Amazing Member

I mean I know that Marvel Studios never chose to acknowledge the Marvel Television properties, but at the same these shows they have so many references to the larger MCU that I consider them canon, whether Feige wants to accept that or not.

Cloak and Dagger references Luke Cage directly. Hammertech (Iron Man 2) weapons were sold in Luke Cage. Luke Cage knew Daredevil, who went to the same orphanage as Quake from Agents of Shield (which has many overt references to the Marvel Studios films). Cloak and Dagger is going to cross over with Runaways. Agent Carter will appear in AOS season 7. Jarvis, from Agent Carter, was seen in Endgame. Inhumans referenced AOS briefly. Every show can be logically placed within the MCU. It's all connected at the end of the day, the divide between Feige and Marvel Television doesn't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I don’t think reusing an actor for Sersi is a big deal. Minn-Erva was kind of underused and I think using Gemma Chan for another role that’s bigger and more substantial is a good idea. Especially after the success of Crazy Rich Asians, they’d be stupid not to.

As for the Blade/Cottonmouth thing... the Netflix shows were never really considered canon by Feige so it shouldn’t be an issue.
    I think it's less a matter of the TV not being canon and more that it's a completely one sided relationship.

It's too hard for the movies to really intergrate TV continuity because movies take years to make. Look at how different Agents of SHIELD is after 3 seasons... it's tricky to make that work.

new cover Todd Nauck

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

new cover Todd Nauck
    With classic-looking Sersi and Eternals .

Gemma Chan is gorgeous. There's literally no reason Sersi can't be played by an asian actress. Gemma looks the part more than a whole lot of white actresses.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-13-2019 at 04:28 PM.

BANNED

Juan678, He's THE MAN!!!!!!!! If he can't do it than NOBODY can!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Glad to see Sersi is in it and that Gemma Chan is getting another shot as a bigger character.

I hope they don't tone down her personality for this.
    To me, waayyyyy better than being a character during the MCU Kree-SKrull war

new cover Todd Nauck
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With classic-looking Sersi and Eternals.
    Looooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeee the classic-looking Sersi and fellow classic-lookin Eternals.

THANKS FOR SHARING Juan678

Have to agree with Wiccan. Gemma is stunning. The comic book audience isn’t that big and even out of that tiny amount of people, the Eternals aren’t the most well known group. Eternals being rather unknown to the general public allows for some tweaks to the characters and for them to get some love. Also, representation matters!
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 09-07-2019 at 11:56 AM.