Default Think We'll Get Superman: Doomsday made into an animated movie?

Spoilers for Reign of the Supermen

So my favorite villains are Doomsday and Cyborg Superman. I'm hoping with the latest Reign of Supermen movie we will see Superman Doomsday animated some time in the future. I mean I feel like it'd be easy to retcon Darkseid being responsible for Doomsday as they could just say that Doomsday was causing terror on Apokolips and they just sent him to Earth to save their own asses. Also part of what I loved about Superman: Doomsday is that we didn't just learn about Doomsday's origins but there was also a sort of indirect team up with Doomsday and Cyborg Superman by which I mean they were both clear threats and that while active at the same time were working separately.

Another story arc I hope they'll adapt would be Superman: Doomed.

BANNED

Surely it would be called "Hunter and Prey"

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    Spoilers for Reign of the Supermen

So my favorite villains are Doomsday and Cyborg Superman. I'm hoping with the latest Reign of Supermen movie we will see Superman Doomsday animated some time in the future. I mean I feel like it'd be easy to retcon Darkseid being responsible for Doomsday as they could just say that Doomsday was causing terror on Apokolips and they just sent him to Earth to save their own asses. Also part of what I loved about Superman: Doomsday is that we didn't just learn about Doomsday's origins but there was also a sort of indirect team up with Doomsday and Cyborg Superman by which I mean they were both clear threats and that while active at the same time were working separately.

Another story arc I hope they'll adapt would be Superman: Doomed.
    Hunter/Prey is one of my favorite stories, and was an excellent followup to Superman's return and how he was plagued by nightmares of the monster who killed him.

I don't think an animated film is likely though, and even if they made one I feel it would be a lot different than the book (much like Reign was). For starters, Henshaw didn't throw Doomsday into space in the Reign film...granted, STAR Labs mentioned getting the body off-planet at the end of DoS, but Henshaw didn't do it and thus he did not place the "tracker" on Doomsday as a back door for his consciousness to escape to. But the bigger reason, to me, is the Reign movie showed no evidence of Henshaw as an energy being who can transfer himself to other machines. Darkseid mentions that he found Henshaw's corpse after the Excaliber accident and rebuilt him and gave him power. But there's no sign that Henshaw could have left his body.

spoilers:
    And after Superman stabbed him in the skull with the crystal, Henshaw looked pretty dead
    end of spoilers
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Henshaw and Doomsday are dead for good in the DCAMU which I’m fine with. There are a long list of Supervillains who still need some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Hunter/Prey is one of my favorite stories, and was an excellent followup to Superman's return and how he was plagued by nightmares of the monster who killed him.

I don't think an animated film is likely though, and even if they made one I feel it would be a lot different than the book (much like Reign was). For starters, Henshaw didn't throw Doomsday into space in the Reign film...granted, STAR Labs mentioned getting the body off-planet at the end of DoS, but Henshaw didn't do it and thus he did not place the "tracker" on Doomsday as a back door for his consciousness to escape to. But the bigger reason, to me, is the Reign movie showed no evidence of Henshaw as an energy being who can transfer himself to other machines. Darkseid mentions that he found Henshaw's corpse after the Excaliber accident and rebuilt him and gave him power. But there's no sign that Henshaw could have left his body.

spoilers:
    And after Superman stabbed him in the skull with the crystal, Henshaw looked pretty dead
    end of spoilers
    True but it is possible that Henshaw spoilers:
    via the crystal being linked to the Fortress will return as an energy being
    end of spoilersI mean he was made out of self repairing Apokolips tech and when you add advanced Kryptonian tech who knows what could happen. Besides Eradicator was mentioned to be an energy being or something. Then there's the possibility that Lex took his remains and the body could repair itself using the clone technology.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

well,since in comics,henshaw managed when soul being obliterated by alpha lantern,but still could come back,just a crystal shouldn't be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    True but it is possible that Henshaw spoilers:
    via the crystal being linked to the Fortress will return as an energy being
    end of spoilersI mean he was made out of self repairing Apokolips tech and when you add advanced Kryptonian tech who knows what could happen. Besides Eradicator was mentioned to be an energy being or something. Then there's the possibility that Lex took his remains and the body could repair itself using the clone technology.
    Well sure, technically the writers could write anything they want to bring Henshaw back. They could write a way for him to become a sentient vibrator if they chose to, but none of these options put him on Apokolips to team up with Doomy

You asked if Hunter/Prey could be made into a film, and I say it's not likely. They could absolutely go any of the routes you suggest, but now the story isn't Hunter/Prey anymore, is it? If you go with extreme examples/hypothesis to counter answers to your question, then one wonders why ask the question

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

I always thought that Hunter/Prey should have been the end of Doomsday's character. Some of his best feats were in that series. The fact that Superman had to put an end to his Nightmares once and for all. The concept of Doomsday should have either ended there or evolved to something Superman can no longer handle. A movie about it is unlikely though, at least for now. Maybe after 3 other Superman movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvinator View Post
    I always thought that Hunter/Prey should have been the end of Doomsday's character. Some of his best feats were in that series. The fact that Superman had to put an end to his Nightmares once and for all. The concept of Doomsday should have either ended there or evolved to something Superman can no longer handle. A movie about it is unlikely though, at least for now. Maybe after 3 other Superman movies.
    Yeah, I agree with this. Seeing him tear through Morrison's League was fun in Doomsday Wars, but Hunter/Prey was the perfect end to Doomsday. How do you stop an unstoppable monster? You let entropy handle it. Brilliant end, too bad he came back.

I got nothing against it but would rather see these 3 first

Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow.

A Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes movie.

Super-Sons (With Jon or With Kon and Damian since both are in the DC animated film universe and right ages).

While they can easily be brought back, and an adaptation of Hunter/Prey has lots of potential, I'm of a similar mind that the next Superman-focused project should feature a new villain.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El