Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default Who Would YOU Like to See Write and Draw Superman After Bendis?

After Bendis's divisive run on the character, which writer and artist would you personally wish to take over the writing duties of the Big Blue Boy Scout?

You can pick two pairs of people in accordance to Action Comics and the main Superman title.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

grant morrison,kenneth rocafort

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I won't really feel like I know that till a little further into Bendis' run. If I were to answer this now, I'd just be listing off my favorite writers and artist rather than who I think would make for a truly great follow up.

That said, based on how I presently feel:

* Steve Orlando/ACO

* Christopher Priest/Travis Moore

* Scott Snyder/Jorge Jimenez

My "totally not gonna happen, but should" pick is Al Ewing.

But, like I said: I don't really know how I'll feel till after the run's main ideas and ultimate scale makes itself known. Till then I'm just having a great time issue by issue.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

If we're keeping the same split - Superman for the "Superman" stories and Action Comics for the Metropolis stories,

Tom Taylor and Jorge Jimenez/Chris Sprouse for Superman.

Greg Rucka and Evan Shanier/Michael Lark for Action Comics with a backup Superfamily story by rotating teams - meaning 8-10 pagers staring Lois, Jimmy, Jon, Kara, Connor, etc. that tie into or dovetail with the main Action Comics narrative. Make Action a 32pg book.

I cheated with the two artists because I want it back to double shipping.
    Last edited by Yoda; 01-29-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Cecil Castellucci on SUPERMAN
    China Melville on ACTION COMICS

I hope Bendis sticks around a while though, I really like both books currently.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-29-2019 at 12:24 PM.

I like the books right now, but if I had to change things up:
    Jeff Loveness and Rocafort on Superman which would continue the focus on Metropolis.
    Gene Yang and Jon Bogdanovic on Action which will be a Superfamily book with Steel (John Henry Irons) leading and Lana Lang, Atomic Skull, Kenan, and Power Girl. I’d also add Sideways since I like the character and him being here means he’ll hopefully avoid becoming Titans event fodder.

I’m loving Bendis right now, but all things must end some day, so why not.

For Action Comics, I’d love to see Tom Taylor/Nicola Scott, Dennis Hallum (aka the artist formerly known as Dennis Hopeless)/Javier Rodriguez, or Jeff Loveness/Pete Woods.

For Superman, Saladin Ahmed/Nico Leon, Gail Simone/Adriana Melo, or Chip Zdarsky/Rafa Sandoval.

Of course, the one that everyone wants but will never ever, ever happen is Mark Waid.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I cheated with the two artists because I want it back to double shipping.
    That's completely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post

Of course, the one that everyone wants but will never ever, ever happen is Mark Waid.

There was a supposed leak (the same one that accurately predicted Wally West's demise and a new Hawk and Dove series being announced) from 4chan that stated that Mark Waid was in talks with DC to write Superman after Bendis. So you never know.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The choice is obvious: Me!
    Assassinate Putin!

Someone that can actually write the characters in character would be a good start. Because if she wasn't called as such, I wouldn't recognize Lois in the series right now. I would assume she was an imposter or mind controlled.

Art, I'm not that familiar with most artists. But I'm not overly picky.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    There was a supposed leak (the same one that accurately predicted Wally West's demise and a new Hawk and Dove series being announced) from 4chan that stated that Mark Waid was in talks with DC to write Superman after Bendis. So you never know.
    I mean, I’ve heard nothing of any Hawk and Dove series (even if it does make sense due to Titans), so...

But anyways, Bendis is too early into his run for DC to already be talking about who’s next, regardless of divisiveness or not. So I call bullshit. MAYBE an Adventures of Superman relaunch alongside Bendis, but that’s also doubtful.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

In a recent Superman interview Bendis straight up confirmed that these year long story arcs in both Superman and Action are in no way the end of his run. He specifically said that these are only the first big storylines in his long run.

I wouldn't at all be shocked if he wanted 50 to 100 issues on the books similar to fellow super stars Scott Snyder, Tom King, and Grant Morrison.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    In a recent Superman interview Bendis straight up confirmed that these year long story arcs in both Superman and Action are in no way the end of his run. He specifically said that these are only the first big storylines in his long run.

I wouldn't at all be shocked if he wanted 50 to 100 issues on the books similar to fellow super stars Scott Snyder, Tom King, and Grant Morrison.
    I wouldn’t mind him getting that, it would be nice to have someone on the Superbooks longterm to do some worldbuilding. But I’m not sure I’d want him on both books, nor do I think DC would let him stick around that long if his sales keep slipping, assuming he doesn’t have a “King” contract where he gets a set number of issues.

My choice would be artist/writer extraordinaire Alan Davis.