Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The Tigra & Dazzler Show (2019)

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    To be fair they were never gonna let her look like she does in the comics, they know the furries would have a field day with that.

As it stands I am warming to the look, even if it does seem ver Thundercat’y...
    Yeah, so the costume redesign is fair enough. I bet she'll be sporting something similar in the comics once this comes out. But that doesn't explain the above the shoulders haircut, which is OOC.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I have liked Tigra especially in the WCA. I was hopping she would stick around the newer version after the first arc.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    I have liked Tigra especially in the WCA. I was hopping she would stick around the newer version after the first arc.
    Woulda been cool to have a team mom for Clint's washed up dad dynamic, yeah.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Tigra's got a Hulu show! Weirdly, her co-star is Dazzler.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...nimated-series
    Wasn’t expecting that but I’m super keen!

Astonishing Member

I'd have kept the long hair for Tigra -- and given the short hair to Dazzler -- since she's known for having both short and long hair. Tigra with short hair looks like something out of Thundercats.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    To be fair they were never gonna let her look like she does in the comics, they know the furries would have a field day with that.
    The outfit is fine -- they retained most of her classic elements -- the talisman and the teeth for a belt. Strips are there. The tail was added in West Coast Avengers -- but it's been around for 30 years, so I guess it is also classic. The hair, though -- ugh!

BANNED

Giant-Size Creatures #1 Jul 1974
    "Tigra - the Were-Woman!"
    As the Cat, Greer Nelson is struck by a new Hydra weapon

that will condemn her to death by radiation poisoning. To save her life, her mentor Dr. Tumolo takes her to the hidden lair of the Cat People

to have her reborn as Tigra, the Were-Woman!

Hydra attacks again, abducting Tigra, Tumolo and the Cat People in an effort to gain the secret of their ultimate weapon.
    Jack Russell, the Werewolf, happens to be passing by when Tigra is taken and joins the fight.
    In order to defeat Hydra, Tumolo releases their final secret upon them, the same Black Plague that the Cat People had released and cured centuries ago.

Script by Tony Isabella, pencils by Don Perlin, inks by Vince Colletta

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Art of Tigra by various artists from her first three decades of being published in the 1970s through the 1990s:

Don Perlin, Will Meugniot, Frank Robbins, John Byrne, George Tuska

Sal Buscema, George Perez, Mike Vosburg, Mike Zeck, Jim Starlin

Alan Kupperberg, Kerry Gammill, Brian Postman, Al Milgrom, Andy Mushynsky

Luke McDonnell, Bob Hall, Greg LaRocque, Steve Ditko, Rich Howell

John Buscema, Ron Frenz, Tom Morgan, Rich Buckler, Bob Layton

Paul Ryan, Chuck Patton, June Brigman, Steve Butler, David Ross

Herb Trimpe, Vince Russell, John Czop, Ron Garney
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 10-17-2019 at 01:00 AM.

So I heard that Tigra started out as a fairly competent superhero but became less so when she transferred to the Avengers. Anyone more familiar with the character who can shed light on this please?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So I heard that Tigra started out as a fairly competent superhero but became less so when she transferred to the Avengers. Anyone more familiar with the character who can shed light on this please?
    That's basically true. Jim Shooter wanted to add a member in his second (horrible) run that demonstrated not every character was cut out to be an Avenger. He turned Tigra into a scaredy-cat -- and pretty much ignored all of her abilities. And Byrne didn't help when he had her start reverting to a catlike creature. She was just a dangling plotline in his West Coast Avengers run.

In her solo adventures, she actually went up against Super-Skrull. That's not Avengers material?

Roger Stern tried to rectify Shooter's misfire, but he was only on West Coast Avengers for the initial mini-series. I can't say that Englehart did a great job with her, but it was better than what Shooter and Byrne did.

Tigra has a guest-spot in X-Men in the early 80s when Dave Cockrum had returned. She briefly tangled with Deathbird in a story, but nothing really came of that.

The Tigra mini-series by Christina Z and Mike Deodato did a pretty good job of bringing Tigra back to her roots, but I don't think other writers followed up on it very well. And than there's Bendis -- who seemed to be aping Shooter in character assassination.

when does the TV show finally come out?

When did the character gain a tail? And am I the only one who hates it?

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That's basically true. Jim Shooter wanted to add a member in his second (horrible) run that demonstrated not every character was cut out to be an Avenger. He turned Tigra into a scaredy-cat -- and pretty much ignored all of her abilities. And Byrne didn't help when he had her start reverting to a catlike creature. She was just a dangling plotline in his West Coast Avengers run.

In her solo adventures, she actually went up against Super-Skrull. That's not Avengers material?

Roger Stern tried to rectify Shooter's misfire, but he was only on West Coast Avengers for the initial mini-series. I can't say that Englehart did a great job with her, but it was better than what Shooter and Byrne did.

Tigra has a guest-spot in X-Men in the early 80s when Dave Cockrum had returned. She briefly tangled with Deathbird in a story, but nothing really came of that.

The Tigra mini-series by Christina Z and Mike Deodato did a pretty good job of bringing Tigra back to her roots, but I don't think other writers followed up on it very well. And than there's Bendis -- who seemed to be aping Shooter in character assassination.
    What was the name of the book her original solo adventures were featured in?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    When did the character gain a tail? And am I the only one who hates it?
    West Coast Avengers #15

676755.jpg

I didn't particularly care for it at first, but got used to it over time.