Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Let's Say Only 7 Rogues ...

... are going to stay villainously proprietary to the Superverse.

The rest will be dispersed throughout the corners of the DCU for other less-developed heroes and franchises to claim as their own.

Which 7 Super Rogues would you reserve as remaining property of the Superverse?

No rankings here. Position 1 is just as valuable as position 7.

I'm curious if there is a consensus among the Superman fans here which of his foes are must-haves.

Feel free to state why you reserved the villains that you did if you feel like doing so.

Ok. Me first:

1. Lex Luthor - his perfect polar opposite arch-nemesis. I am not rational about this.

2. Brainiac - one of the very few who is a match without being a distorted copy.

3. Zod - actually just the vaunted name is wanted, to be adopted by the truly sociopathic Ursa/pre-Crisis Faora.

4. Mongul - Darkseid without the baggage or expectation.

5. Bizarro - not really a villain at all, but he belongs to Superman over anyone else.

6. Mxyzptlk - so far outclasses Supes in every physical way that Kal has to use his brains every time.

7. Blaze - gets stolen back from the Shazamverse back to where she belongs in the Superverse as a female Mephisto.

Those are my 7 reservations.

What are yours?

Lex, Mongul, Zod, Mxy, Manchester black, Brainiac, Metallo.
    Edit: at first I left out Brainiac, but I changed my mind.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 01-29-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

1lex-always remian superman's personality polar-opposition
    2brainiac-like supergirl said,if lex is evil of humanity,then brainiac is evil of aliens
    3anti-hero:a character who have potential,but never made it,he short appearance in superman team and comparison his describe in superman villiain secret files and origin let me feel he should deserve some more writing
    4mxy-everybody loves imp
    5cyborg superman-comparison bizarro,i personally think he is more like superman polar-opposition(at least,on physically)
    6darkseid-a literally evil incarnation
    7doomsday-he killed superman once,and certainly a character could give superman desperately depression,superman need everything he got to stop doomsday

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    ... are going to stay villainously proprietary to the Superverse.

The rest will be dispersed throughout the corners of the DCU for other less-developed heroes and franchises to claim as their own.

Which 7 Super Rogues would you reserve as remaining property of the Superverse?

No rankings here. Position 1 is just as valuable as position 7.

I'm curious if there is a consensus among the Superman fans here which of his foes are must-haves.

Feel free to state why you reserved the villains that you did if you feel like doing so.

Ok. Me first:

1. Lex Luthor - his perfect polar opposite arch-nemesis. I am not rational about this.

2. Brainiac - one of the very few who is a match without being a distorted copy.

3. Zod - actually just the vaunted name is wanted, to be adopted by the truly sociopathic Ursa/pre-Crisis Faora.

4. Mongul - Darkseid without the baggage or expectation.

5. Bizarro - not really a villain at all, but he belongs to Superman over anyone else.

6. Mxyzptlk - so far outclasses Supes in every physical way that Kal has to use his brains every time.

7. Blaze - gets stolen back from the Shazamverse back to where she belongs in the Superverse as a female Mephisto.

Those are my 7 reservations.

What are yours?

That's a great list!

For me, maybe switch out Blaze for Metallo and we're good. Or put Lex on the "frenemy" list (almost like a male Catwoman, minus the romance lol) and just add Metallo to this one.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Lex, Brainiac, Manchester Black, Metallo, Livewire, and Parasite. Those guys could provide a solid core to build a new RG from if needed. I was thinking about Red Cloud since Supes could use more female villains but I’ll stick with the “classics”.

Astonishing Member

1) Ultra-Humanite: Reclaimed from the JSA

2) Luthor: He is a given, though of the SuperFoes he is the one that really needs a vacation

3) Mxyzptlk: Just to keep some whimsy

4) Zod: Superman needs a foe that is a twisted version of him, but who can be more than a one-note pastiche

5) Lord Satanis: The Pre-Crisis one who needed Superman's invulnerable body as a focus to obtain a mystical runestone. Maybe make the spell require a "Kryptonian" rather than juts somone "invulnerable". Superman really needs a mystic enemy and Mordru seems more suited to Dr Fate now.

6) The Quarmer/Sand-Superman: Parasite and Bizarro rolled into one. Extradimensional being who only has form here by drawing on Superman's powers.

7) The Atom man (or Atoman): Heinrich Mueller from the radio show who was given a serum that contained kryptonite. Was a physical equal for Superman in part because his body gave off kryptonite radiation which weakended Superman when the two fought hand-to-hand. Also had the ability to release explosive energy blasts. Much preferred by me to Metallo or any of the various Kryptonite Men.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I'm going to leave out Mxyzptlk and Bizarro even though they're firmly planted in the Superverse and should remain that way because I don't consider them villains in the traditional sense, as their motives aren't usually depicted as evil in nature.

So with that...

Lex Luthor
    Brainiac
    Mongul
    Zod
    Doomsday
    Cyborg Superman
    Metallo

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm actually going to exclude Zod. Maybe his anti hero streak will end next time we see him, as he'll probably be pretty sore about what Superman did to him in that Bendis story. But I think he can branch out into the larger DC as a sort of Black Adam. As a Superman foe, I think the only thing sustaining him is the sense of obligation people have to the character relevance from Superman II.

And... I'm also going to cut out Brainiac. I think he deserves to remain a larger DC villain who primarily comes into conflict with Superman above others. That said:

1. Lex, who is the number one antagonist even if I do slightly prefer Brainiac

2. Mxy, who will always be tied to Superman because he wants to be

3. Kryptonite Man/ Metallo/ Metalo... not that anyone should find them interchangeable, I just think that a major kryptonite based villain has to be a Superman villain.

4. Parasite, a seriously underrated villain. It shouldn't really make sense for others to really handle him.

5. Xa-du, who's been repurposed as probably the most interesting villain to step out of the zone.

6. Prankster, Superman's second most enduring human foe who isn't another scientist or something

7. Nimrod. Why shouldn't he come back?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Lex Luthor
    Braniac
    The Parasite
    Metallo
    Mongul
    Vandal Savage
    Mr Mxyxptlk

Bizzaro isn't a villain, so he gets to stay too.

Cyborg Superman
    Conduit
    Luthor
    Brainiac
    Zod
    Mongul
    Silver Banshee
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Hmmmmmm ....

I agree that Bizarro and Mxyzptlk aren't maliciously evil. But while you can certainly make the argument that Bizarro is outright heroic (esp the RHATO version), Mxy is almost always deliberately antagonistic to Kal and his friends. Personal ruling (for me): Biz gets the Catwoman treatment, but Mxy stays in the villainous department.

Hmmm ... now I need someone else to take his place in my seven. Someone who is more physical power than brilliant thinker ...

Metallo, but merged with Cyborg Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I'm actually going to exclude Zod. Maybe his anti hero streak will end next time we see him, as he'll probably be pretty sore about what Superman did to him in that Bendis story. But I think he can branch out into the larger DC as a sort of Black Adam. As a Superman foe, I think the only thing sustaining him is the sense of obligation people have to the character relevance from Superman II.

And... I'm also going to cut out Brainiac. I think he deserves to remain a larger DC villain who primarily comes into conflict with Superman above others. That said:

1. Lex, who is the number one antagonist even if I do slightly prefer Brainiac

2. Mxy, who will always be tied to Superman because he wants to be

3. Kryptonite Man/ Metallo/ Metalo... not that anyone should find them interchangeable, I just think that a major kryptonite based villain has to be a Superman villain.

4. Parasite, a seriously underrated villain. It shouldn't really make sense for others to really handle him.

5. Xa-du, who's been repurposed as probably the most interesting villain to step out of the zone.

6. Prankster, Superman's second most enduring human foe who isn't another scientist or something

7. Nimrod. Why shouldn't he come back?
    I wish Nimrod would come back. A Kraven the Hunter type villain for Supes is brilliant when you think about it. But given that he hasn’t shown up since Morrison I don’t see much hope.

1. Lex Luthor -

2. Doomsday

3. Darkseid

4. Brainiac

5. Zod

6. Parasite

7. Livewire

1. Lex Luthor
    2. Brainiac
    3. Parasite
    4. Metallo
    5. Lobo