Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Nate Grey is a hero..why do u think he needs to pay? Dr. Doom messed up everything and got rewarded with a fixed face to end that story.
    In Secret Wars and its leadup, Doom was just trying to do his best in the face of an unavoidable disaster. Unlike everyone else, he succeeded.

And honestly, was Battleworld so bad? He at least kept the zombies behind a wall.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    My favorite part was the editor notes to check out the other books. Very well done
    they are taking inspiration from Spider verse for this.

The writers did a good job in making me want to read Marvelous X-Men now. The plan was to stick to just the Alpha and Omega bookends, and Prisoner X. But this issue was really good, so I might give it a shot.
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    In Secret Wars and its leadup, Doom was just trying to do his best in the face of an unavoidable disaster. Unlike everyone else, he succeeded.

And honestly, was Battleworld so bad? He at least kept the zombies behind a wall.
    And when all was said and done instead of trying to actually create and restore he chose to play king of the hill in his fantasy world. All that power and he could only manage to steal another man's family and make a broken world.

Wanted to play god, but could only still live off of the slefish mortal desires and emotions he had as a simple man. He was still an evil, selfish, **** in the end.

Hickman made me lose respect for him.

He went from "lemme just throw the universes at the beyonders" to " Imma just take Reed's family and play house".

Someone needs to teach Nate grey this lesson.

Jean, Xavier, Emma and Rachel all have the capability to change the perception of mutants worldwide. Heck Jean could casually ring up the Phoenix and use its power to remake reality. But they don't.

Some of this kids like to act like they're the first omega level mutants to work the earth, and that suddenly makes them gods over everyone. Even Thor doesn't to to remake the world in his own image (okay, he did that once)

Incredible Member

I was quite taken with this. I did think it was going to be an appalling shambles, but I think I was only really thinking that because of so many negative comments on here.

I think the art was good, the premise is clever, and a bit different from what is usual. The no sex thing is interesting for a number of reasons, the constant rewriting of history is good as well. Hatcheries sound sinister, the sex police equally so.

It was particularly good that it set all of the new series up really well and unobtrusively and made each one seem like they are going to be interesting, and have some place in the overall world. In all honesty I am struggling to find anything to not like about this comic.

BANNED

THIS...

was...

GREAT!

Started it last night, finished it just now, and it deserves every bit of praise it's receiving:

I will be getting ALL the AoXM books now, thanX to Alpha, even the Glob centric NXG. Gonna add one more thing elsewhere, a theory I have, then see what others are thinking here. But before I do, would like to share this issue's parting words, as I think they resonate in a VERY representative way...

... of what AoXM is, and what it means.

BANNED

Yucks. This is a horrible series.

Jean and Bishop having sex? I hope this is all in the mind and not in real life.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 01-31-2019 at 06:42 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    That's what I wanna know too. X- man shouldn't be able to create a whole pocket universe. So Is this all in x-man's head and all the bodies are stored somewhere ala matrix or something?
    The latter, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    We know that Nate's the likely creator of this... It's possible he keeps rebooting... to get his desired effects and in each new iteration needs to implement new rules... to keep everyone in line and prevent the things that failed them the previous times.
    Run?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    ... you get a cookie. ...
    Cookies were mentioned, of the Dept. X variety, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    ... live in whatever Cerebro is (which I can imagine is like those kinds of facilities you see in some post apocalyptic stories that functions as an education and monitoring place for the children there)... this is basically a stepford smiling world where Big Brother is always watching and humanity has been stripped from everyone without them even knowing.
    A succinct summary, possibly.

In Prisoner X, it's said in the synopsis that offenders are sent to & being held in the Danger Room. Maybe the entire AoXM world is just that, an elaborate simulation, that Nate has somehow trapped them all in. This page:

... is what gave me the idea.

The way in which Bishop was shown to be 'removed', and then later, by reading more into Psylocke's words. And it could be that the 'program' is self-correcting, hence why Laura replaced Lucas not just in the immediate, but completely (as seen in the framed, group pic).

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    ... >Moneta's mind probe fingers? Ew!...

Favourite Panel...
    Sunfire teaching fire preparedness!
    Attachment 77836
    Yes & YES!! EW is right - TENTACLES!

BANNED

If ya think about it, it'd be not only a good way for them all to 'remember' everything... but to have 'lived it' as well, so to speak.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-31-2019 at 08:04 AM.

BANNED

I liked this a lot. I'm interested in the mini's and i want to see where these things go. having said that, i'm more excited for uncanny #11

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    And when all was said and done instead of trying to actually create and restore he chose to play king of the hill in his fantasy world. All that power and he could only manage to steal another man's family and make a broken world.

Wanted to play god, but could only still live off of the slefish mortal desires and emotions he had as a simple man. He was still an evil, selfish, **** in the end.

Hickman made me lose respect for him.

He went from "lemme just throw the universes at the beyonders" to " Imma just take Reed's family and play house".
    I mean, that's Doom for you. That's just sort of what he does. Still, Reed was only able to save anyone because of Doom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

In Prisoner X, it's said in the synopsis that offenders are sent to & being held in the Danger Room. Maybe the entire AoXM world is just that, an elaborate simulation, that Nate has somehow trapped them all in. This page:

... is what gave me the idea.

The way in which Bishop was shown to be 'removed', and then later, by reading more into Psylocke's words. And it could be that the 'program' is self-correcting, hence why Laura replaced Lucas not just in the immediate, but completely (as seen in the framed, group pic).

Yes & YES!! EW is right - TENTACLES!
    Wow, this is a great point! Maybe this is why Gabby is in prison, because Nate had to tie up loose ends with Laura?

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    What makes this whole thing really funny to me is that it's been implied in the past that Apocalypse had harems. He has a rather impressive line of descendents. The man wasn't really driven by sex, but it's still something he seemed to enjoy at one point.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

How come Kitty is on Team Sex? Is she boning Eye Boy?
    "Cable was right!"

The ancient Egyptians were very sensual, and their myths very sexually explicit. It would be more interesting to see Apocalypse positioned more in that way(a high priest of Min perhaps?) than a sleazy beatnik love guru, but we'll see how they play it.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!