Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It had a 60's comic book feeling, but I didn't know wtf was going on because of the art...everything was frozen, but then Colossus stopped a truck from crushing people and they were aware that things were moving....I didn't get it.

Did Warren look fat to anyone else?

I was embarrassed for Jean...throws herself at a man and then he walks away after sex...wow

and Storm saying how Nature girl stinks....Unnecessary!
    I mean she's NATURE GIRL. Of course she's gonna smell like...nature.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    He is a test tube baby. He could be one or five years old for all we know
    You must of missed X Man #11...17 at the time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It had a 60's comic book feeling, but I didn't know wtf was going on because of the art...everything was frozen, but then Colossus stopped a truck from crushing people and they were aware that things were moving....I didn't get it.

Did Warren look fat to anyone else?

I was embarrassed for Jean...throws herself at a man and then he walks away after sex...wow

and Storm saying how Nature girl stinks....Unnecessary!
    Everyone was frozen from the little mutant girl's seizure.

I think Warren was just wearing a bad suit. Or he may just be fat now. He seems so happy in this reality...that must be stopped.

Bishop just leaving Jean was the best part for me. Everyone falls for Jean and him just noping out of there was lovely.

While I do feel for Nature Girl, what creeped me out about that exchange is the implication is that it's considered proper to just stay in your room...alone...

This would mean that part of this "no sex" rule is to separate the characters and keep them from spending too much time with each other. It keeps them from realizing that something is wrong.

BANNED

boring concept, writing and art

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    That's called bad writing. He hasnt mentioned Dani..Maddy...Threnody. No one who mattered to him before this.
    I always exist that Threnody was a thing there for a minute. And his weird relationship with Maddy...that actually might explain the weird sexless world and the Hatcheries.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    boring concept, writing and art
    Sure you did not even read it.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

The Red Dragon

Im sick of alternate realities, but this was way better than the entirety of Disassembled.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

This did a good job introducing Age of X-man. So it seems in the 05 Hank was replaced by Magneto? I wonder if there is a angle there? I take it the X-tremists are sorta like SHEILD and may have authority even over the X-men? Now i'm wondering who runs the X-tremists? This has got me looking forward to the minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    This did a good job introducing Age of X-man. So it seems in the 05 Hank was replaced by Magneto? I wonder if there is a angle there? I take it the X-tremists are sorta like SHEILD and may have authority even over the X-men? Now i'm wondering who runs the X-tremists? This has got me looking forward to the minis.
    I think the original X-man in place of Beast in the statue was... well, X-man lol. Nate Grey.

Monetta seemed a lot in control in the attack on the mansion, so I think she must be the field leader. Who knows who they may put as leader of the whole organization...

I was very surprised with the role Warren had in this issue. He was not mentioned in anything, so he being the director of the Summers Institute was a cool surprise. He deserves some attention.

>Very good introductory issue with sweet art and writing.
    >Great setups for the various books! The only ones I'm not interested in now are the Glob and Nightcrawler books.
    >Disassembled wasn't needed to make this issue possible. Age of X let us figure out why that reality existed as the story progressed, so could Age of X-Man. This could easily have been the first issue of Uncanny X-Men.
    >Alfred Hitchcock as a mutant? HilaRious!
    aox2.jpg
    >Mutants are hatched? Like Inhumans? Or that asexual race from Star Trek?
    >Jean and Bishop, eh? Loving Jean will destroy you!
    >Moneta's mind probe fingers? Ew!
    >Lesbian X-23? I can dig it.
    >Colossus' missing arm? That story needs to be told.
    >Anole doing Science to make the world a better place after destroying mutants in the real world? Nice joke.
    aox3.jpg
    >Glob doing the undesirable farm labour! I laughed!
    >This was more enjoyable than any Uncanny relaunch issue so far. And that's very sad.

Favourite Panel...
    Sunfire teaching fire preparedness!
    aox1.jpg
    Last edited by nx01a; 01-30-2019 at 05:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I think the original X-man in place of Beast in the statue was... well, X-man lol. Nate Grey.

Monetta seemed a lot in control in the attack on the mansion, so I think she must be the field leader. Who knows who they may put as leader of the whole organization...

I was very surprised with the role Warren had in this issue. He was not mentioned in anything, so he being the director of the Summers Institute was a cool surprise. He deserves some attention.
    Thank you. I confused X-man for Magneto. My guess for the leader of the Extremists being Sinister( who has not been mentioned) because i feel that somehow he has some involvement in what triggered Nate into his actions, behind the scenes. My second guess is a version of Legion.

What i am interested in is this forbidden love aspect and the lack of natural births. I think that is a clue to possibly motivations of the unseen force behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post

Favourite Panel...
    Sunfire teaching fire preparedness!
    aox1.jpg
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Everyone was frozen from the little mutant girl's seizure.

I think Warren was just wearing a bad suit. Or he may just be fat now. He seems so happy in this reality...that must be stopped.

Bishop just leaving Jean was the best part for me. Everyone falls for Jean and him just noping out of there was lovely.

While I do feel for Nature Girl, what creeped me out about that exchange is the implication is that it's considered proper to just stay in your room...alone...

This would mean that part of this "no sex" rule is to separate the characters and keep them from spending too much time with each other. It keeps them from realizing that something is wrong.
    they clearly had a long history in this universe, so he definitely fell in love at some point.

BANNED

Starting off okay, but they always start off okay. Let's see what the middle and end look slike. I hope it doesn't boil down to punching peoplein the face.

Shiro looks so cute teaching in a suit with a fish mask on