Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    BANNED

It’s not bad. Pretty boring, but not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    She might be? But Luna was an Inhuman. Still, not a bad guess.
    First hint that Marvel is undoing the retcon

Have we tooted or booted the looks from Age of X-Man here or elsewhere yet?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    ... Wow, this is a great point! Maybe this is why Gabby is in prison, because Nate had to tie up loose ends with Laura?,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Makes sense; good catch
    I even more interested on AOXM
    ThanX, but lookin' at that page again:

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    ... it seems more like it's not Bishop, but Bobby, who disappears... digitally. Which plays into the idea EVEN MORE, that they're operating in programmed simulation of some sort, and the DR removes 'players'... for breaking the rules of the game.

BTW, I really liked how Iceman in particular was drawn in this. Also, when Lucas said this to him:

Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-31-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I don't think anyone looks particularly bad. All of the costumes are different, but they fit the characters and work within the 50s/60s aesthetic.

That's why I'm not sure I care for the X-tremists team look, since it looks so out of place, but then again, that seems to be the point.

I really love Storm's look since it still manages to look very elegant and classy. And Jean's costume incorporates her Marvel Girl look yet still manages to look like something an adult woman would wear.

I have to say, I don't care for Nature Girl's look. I get what they're going for, but considering her lack of an esta blushed costume to begin with, it just feels rather mismatched.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    More importantly... Who would be Raja and who would be Raven?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

That was dull. Not sure I even want to bother with the two books I was looking forward to now...

This was great.

Is Zac the superior Thompson? Maybe so.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

[CENTER]
    So I might be making too much of this, but in the second panel we show him triggering some type of button in the closet with his toes before things go crazy. Is that triggering the removal/teleportation/of the others as well or something else that might play out?

I'll take this over Disassembled. That event had action in every issue to the point of being pretty obnoxious. This was lowkey -- probably a little too much -- but at least it was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So I might be making too much of this, but in the second panel we show him triggering some type of button in the closet with his toes before things go crazy. Is that triggering the removal/teleportation/of the others as well or something else that might play out?
    Earlier we see Bishop opening a secret compartment on his closet with his toes hitting that secret button

BANNED

Marvel.com, Get to Know the Next Big X-Men Creators
    'Age of X-Man: Alpha' #1 writers Zac Thompson and Lonnie Nadler discuss their mutant inspirations!...
    Marvel.com, What to Expect from the 'Age of X-Man'
    'Age of X-Man: Alpha' #1 writers Zac Thompson and Lonnie Nadler chat about today's tale!...
    Marvel.com, Crafting a New X-Men World
    'Age of X-Man: Alpha' #1 writers Zac Thompson and Lonnie Nadler chat about creating a new realm for the mutants!...
    Marvel.com, ‘Age of X-Man: Alpha’: The Buildup to “X-Men Disassembled”
    Everything you need to know about Nate Grey before diving into the newest X-Men event!...
    Marvel.com, 3 X-Men Utopias That Ended in Disaster
    In the wake of 'Age of X-Man: Alpha' #1, we revisit previous attempts to create a home for the X-Men. ...

CBR.com, Age of X-Men Alpha #1 is Strange, and Kinda Wonderful
    ... I've been less-than-enthusiastic about the recent relaunch of Uncanny X-Men, and the promise of a massive crossover event centered on X-Man. But the first ten issues of Uncanny appears to have been nothing more than a primer for something weird and wonderful. We had to go through that rough patch to get here...

... To be fair, this may not be the same for everyone, but I was hooked on this issue in a big way the entire time. ...

... With this and the Uncanny annual recently released, it seems like Marvel is finally getting its ducks in a row when it comes to our favorite mutants.

What a sigh of relief. A modern X title with the classic core that I can get into, and great art to go with it. So far, so good.

Why doesn't Colossus power down? Did I miss an arc in the past decade regarding that? I hate it in the current movies, so seeing it here was a bummer.
    Last edited by Sain; 02-02-2019 at 01:22 AM.

I do not ship Jeashop