Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    What a sigh of relief. A modern X title with the classic core that I can get into, and great art to go with it. So far, so good.

Why doesn't Colossus power down? Did I miss an arc in the past decade regarding that? I hate it in the current movies, so seeing it here was a bummer.
    Colossus ppwers down in the preview where they show him painting at home

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hope Marvel explains how did Colossus lose his arm, but i fear it will be one of those rule of cool details that wont get much attention
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-03-2019 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Colossus ppwers down in the preview where they show him painting at home
    Hm, ok. I'll have to look back for that, thanks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So I might be making too much of this, but in the second panel we show him triggering some type of button in the closet with his toes before things go crazy. Is that triggering the removal/teleportation/of the others as well or something else that might play out?
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Earlier we see Bishop opening a secret compartment on his closet with his toes hitting that secret button
    It's where his weapons were stashed. Looks like he didn't reach them in time, before he was "eXcommunicated."

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Hm, ok. I'll have to look back for that, thanks.
    It wasn't in Alpha, but will be in this coming week's Marvelous #1:

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Riggghht, that's why it felt familiar yet not. I saw that preview the other day. Ha, thanks again-wish the artist on Alpha stayed on for Marvelous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    How much was ACTUALLY intent and how much was a reaction to other things later is a bit controversial, to put it mildly.
    I know you're prone to hyperbole, but come on. You're literally the only one I've seen raising this point so that's only controversial in your mind.

As for the idea itself of Laura being gay, the reaction has been pretty overwhelmingly positive. From what I've seen online, it's been like 75% positive, 20% indifferent, and 5% negative. As others have noticed, she does seem distinctly butchier in this AU which may be a sign that this version of the character, at least, may be "out".

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

This was... underwhelming. I was ready to enjoy it despite my aversion to Nightcrawlers accent when its spelled out. I like the Ultimate X-Men stories where he had the accent anyway because they were good - when it seemed to start the whole thing but the story was just so bland. I also thought dialogue could use a bit more oomph. And the art just didn't do it for me. I know it's supposed to look wholesome but its something I rather see in a comic without superheroics. The dialogue was rather bland as well and Kurt and Jean looks so young, more like 16 then twenty-somethings. I saw the preview already so I know what I was getting with that and though story usually comes first for me over art, it combined with everything else really just brought it down for me. *sigh* Too bad, I was really hoping it would prove me wrong with all of the positive feedback it's been getting on here.

That being said, I did like the previews for the other series. I felt the writing and art was much more to my tastes, so there's that.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-17-2019 at 09:36 PM.