Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Great first issue introducing the world, at first I wasn't planning to read all of the series but they all sound so interesting.

It's sad that this issue got me far more excited for an alternate universe than I was for Dissasembled.

Extraordinary Member

An odd bit about the backstory of this world, and maybe it is intentional, but oh wow did the event that turned everyone into mutants or whatever just completely confirm the fears of (80s) anti-mutant hysteria. It also reminded me that creators need to slow down with the power creep. No kid hitting puberty and triggering their mutant powers needs to be strong enough to teleport a city or generate a black hole.

I really liked this issue. It was actually kind of refreshing. The X-Men seem to deal with a new dystopian future every other week. It's nice to see them in a future that isn't entirely dystopian, but isn't all that utopian either. I think Thompson and Adler balanced things out nicely here. You see the ways in which this world is genuinely nurturing to mutants. You also see the ways in which it's subversive and dangerous. It's not quite as elaborate as Age of Apocalypse, but it still works. It still has some promising plots and I think this holds a lot of promise. The next few months should be very interesting.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I really enjoyed this. I wasn't expecting to get so caught up in the AU, but this was an excellent set up and a good lead in to all the titles going forward.

Interesting. Maybe AOX would be better as Uncanny #1 instead of Dissasembled? And then later resolve a mystery how everything happend and why everyone in AOX now.

BANNED

The changes are here

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    The changes are here

Please put the part where he walks away after sex because is not what he wanted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Please put the part where he walks away after sex because is not what he wanted.
    Having sex with Jean Grey is apparently FORBIDDEN

So is this another AU Nate since the other one died?
    First X-Lady

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Unexpected turn—I’m team Bean, but still didn’t like this issue. I’m tired of alternate or fake realities. Also, the male characters are centered and important while the female characters are just there or are portrayed in stereotypical ways (I love to knit, I just want to make love). Ugh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Unexpected turn—I’m team Bean, but still didn’t like this issue. I’m tired of alternate or fake realities. Also, the male characters are centered and important while the female characters are just there or are portrayed in stereotypical ways (I love to knit, I just want to make love). Ugh.
    Well Laura doesnt have to be so tough anymore and Jean and Storm are at peace..what should they be doing? Making babies?

Apparently we have to see the OTHER side...Lorna and Dani are in survival mode here but how did they end up in such a position?

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Having sex with Jean Grey is apparently FORBIDDEN
    She stop him from remembering what is it that is missing. She comes off as pushy here.

This was really good! Gives me hope for the event

wheer you read this? when they are on the couch Jean reads his mind and knos what he wants: to be with her

She stop him from remembering what is it that is missing. She comes off as pushy here.
    It's not her. Read the issue again and you will know X-man have been erasing minds

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    I remember a conversation I had with a Jean fan who though random sex was okay. I was really hoping for more of this two and not Jean pushing Bishop into something he doesn't want.