Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 187
  1. #106
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    they clearly had a long history in this universe, so he definitely fell in love at some point.
    But he still noped out of there.

  2. #107
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Magneto really reminds me of Wolverine in this setting.

  3. #108
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    He is a test tube baby. He could be one or five years old for all we know
    You know, that whole test tube baby thing is probably his basis for these hatcheries especially considering that love and especially consummation is forbidden. Still creepy though. Especially when it comes to how this society seems to work. You’re “born” from a hatchery, have no actual family and live in whatever Cerebro is (which I can imagine is like those kinds of facilities you see in some post apocalyptic stories that functions as an education and monitoring place for the children there) for 9 years before being put in a mutant school for another 10. Who knows how people’s places in society are even decided in this world but any who decent are taken away and traces of their existence is scrubbed away. This may possibly be even worse than the AoA or AoX. Sure both of them had hardships but this is basically a stepford smiling world where Big Brother is always watching and humanity has been stripped from everyone without them even knowing.

  4. #109
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    This did a good job introducing Age of X-man. So it seems in the 05 Hank was replaced by Magneto? I wonder if there is a angle there? I take it the X-tremists are sorta like SHEILD and may have authority even over the X-men? Now i'm wondering who runs the X-tremists? This has got me looking forward to the minis.
    Beast appears to be in Prisoner X, so he must have gotten excommunicated and erased from 'history.'

  5. #110
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Beast appears to be in Prisoner X, so he must have gotten excommunicated and erased from 'history.'
    Or much more likely when beast violates the laws of God's and mortals breaking the universe to show of how much smart then everyone he is, insted of saying he made a oopsey and dropping it they actually charged him with something.

  6. #111
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Beast appears to be in Prisoner X, so he must have gotten excommunicated and erased from 'history.'
    That’s actually a really good point especially with how the X-Men portrait changed at the end of the issue. If anything, the issue has basically told us that we can’t really trust any history in this world.

  7. #112
    TEST YOUR MIGHT! The Big G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,250

    Default

    The X-Tremesists be like this as they arrest people
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

  8. #113
    Jubilant Member Dementia5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    3,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    The X-Tremesists be like this as they arrest people
    It’s important to love your work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

  9. #114
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    215

    Default

    I liked it. Looking forward to seeing what happens next!

  10. #115
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, that whole test tube baby thing is probably his basis for these hatcheries especially considering that love and especially consummation is forbidden. Still creepy though. Especially when it comes to how this society seems to work. You’re “born” from a hatchery, have no actual family and live in whatever Cerebro is (which I can imagine is like those kinds of facilities you see in some post apocalyptic stories that functions as an education and monitoring place for the children there) for 9 years before being put in a mutant school for another 10. Who knows how people’s places in society are even decided in this world but any who decent are taken away and traces of their existence is scrubbed away. This may possibly be even worse than the AoA or AoX. Sure both of them had hardships but this is basically a stepford smiling world where Big Brother is always watching and humanity has been stripped from everyone without them even knowing.
    The way you describe it actually makes it worse than AoA. I mean, at least there you know it's a Hell hole. Yeah, you can be "disappeared" but at least people knew that they could be gotten rid of.

    And yeah, the whole getting rid of sex and romantic love is sort of silly, but when you consider his own history, it's all just so creepy. Like he's trying to apply his own experiences to everyone else because he thinks it'll make things better. But of course, as we see, the whole thing is also a practical way to divide people and keep them separated.

    I just hope Nate isn't too forgiven. I'm sure he will be, but not too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Or much more likely when beast violates the laws of God's and mortals breaking the universe to show of how much smart then everyone he is, insted of saying he made a oopsey and dropping it they actually charged him with something.
    That would be nice. That guy gets away with way too much.

  11. #116
    Incredible Member Strong Girl Daken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    715

    Default

    This was really great.

    Why was Bishop taken, but not Jean? Have they both had their minds wiped before?

  12. #117
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    This was really great.

    Why was Bishop taken, but not Jean? Have they both had their minds wiped before?
    I believe this was Bishop's third strike and apparently Jean's first

  13. #118
    TEST YOUR MIGHT! The Big G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    It’s important to love your work.
    They're the love police so "What is love" is perfect
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

  14. #119
    Incredible Member Strong Girl Daken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I believe this was Bishop's third strike and apparently Jean's first
    Who was Bishop with for those other two times? I thought it was implying a longer history between the two, so why has Bishop had it so many times but not Jean?

  15. #120
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Who was Bishop with for those other two times? I thought it was implying a longer history between the two, so why has Bishop had it so many times but not Jean?
    He’s a black man

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •