Page 112 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3103

Grace Randolph answered my question.

Reactions are coming in. Reviews to follow later in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    The consistency of inconsistency.
    Truly amazing

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    Sounds good so far, but kinda confused. I know there are screenings tonight, but the official reviews are late tomorrow. Do reactions count in embargos?
    There were earlier press screenings in the past couple of weeks. There is a regular review embargo life and a social embargo(opinions on Twitter and such). It seems like they are only allowing Latin American social reactions.

Anyway, I’m not even going to be on the internet from June 4-7th. Want to go in with zero expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    There were earlier press screenings in the past couple of weeks. There is a regular review embargo life and a social embargo(opinions on Twitter and such). It seems like they are only allowing Latin American social reactions.

Anyway, I’m not even going to be on the internet from June 4-7th. Want to go in with zero expectations.
    Ok, that makes sense. Well, see you after it opens.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I’m seeing more positive reactions in Twitter. But this could another Godzilla: King of The Monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    I thought this scene was really promising at first, then someone commented that the 'mutant' school kids are all regular looking and I'm suddenly embarrassed for this movie
    Capped off with Mystique turning into Jennifer Lawrence in a place where she would be free to look like a mutant...

I thought this scene was really promising at first, then someone commented that the 'mutant' school kids are all regular looking and I'm suddenly embarrassed for this movie
    I don't see why that is an issue in the main group of 40 or 50 characters people really consider X-men how many of them look odd or strange? Other Nightcrawler there isn't an truly freaky looking X-men. Beast is accident he did to himself ,Angel was Apocalypse tampering. Maggot and Wolfsbane look like humans. The X-men pre Morrison and school expansion look like a bunch of super models. With rare exceptions like Nightcrawler or Warlock

Singer should have never started the trend of filling the school with random nobodies. It really just dilutes the whole concept, and you just get these stupid kids as canon fodder(or at least damsels in distress as we saw in Apocalypse's Quicksilver scene. How did not a single mutant in the whole school have the capacity to do anything useful in that moment?). In the comics previous to X1, the mansion was never home to any more than a dozen or two mutants at a time, maybe the absolute most was when the early X-Forcers moved in after X-Cutioner's Song for a few months[alongside the Blue and Gold teams], and even then, every single mutant under the roof was a well rounded, fleshed out character.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I’m seeing more positive reactions in Twitter. But this could another Godzilla: King of The Monsters.
    I honestly wouldn't pay attention to Twitter. People have already made up their minds about Dark Phoenix, long before the first trailer, the first delay, or the first round of reshoots. And nobody is going to change their mind about it. Grace Randolph was among those who claimed that the movie would be shelved entirely. She, and many others like her, have looked for any possible reason to hate this movie and they're going to find an excuse because you can find one in any movie.

I already got my ticket. I also know how this movie ends. If you've read the original Phoenix Saga or seen the 90s cartoon, you know as well. There's only so many ways this movie can end. It's just a matter of capturing the essence of the story. Based on everything I've seen in trailers and read in spoilers, this movie does all of that. And if you're not convinced by now, then reactions on Twitter won't change that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Considering that movie was freaking amazing*, I'll take that as a positive sign. Admittedly, I'm a pretty diehard G Fan, so I'm biased, but that movie is a love letter to all things Godzilla. In fact, I don't think I'll enjoy another movie all year as much as I enjoyed that one.

I'm still excited to see this movie, and no amount of internet grumblings or fanboy agendas will change that.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    And nobody is going to change their mind about it. Grace Randolph was among those who claimed that the movie would be shelved entirely. She, and many others like her, have looked for any possible reason to hate this movie and they're going to find an excuse because you can find one in any movie.
    I agree with the first part but at the risk of starting an off topic argument, I think she was reasonable thinking it could be shelved. The Disney buy out, and the postponing, the story changes... She was just reading the signs. There were many "reasons to hate [not root for]" this movie. Audiences do make up their minds about things preemptively though I suppose.

edit: omg you guys must not watch her videos. She would never skip an X-men movie. Much less Phoenix.
    Last edited by Graphicisnovel; 06-04-2019 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    Grace Randolph answered my question.

Reactions are coming in. Reviews to follow later in the week.

For a while she was saying the movie was not going to come out and seemed very negative about it. I’m surprised she’s going to go see it.
    First X-Lady

BANNED

I agree with the first part but at the risk of starting an off topic argument, I think she was reasonable thinking it could be shelved. The Disney buy out, and the postponing, the story changes... She was just reading the signs. There were many "reasons to hate [not root for]" this movie. Audiences do make up their minds about things preemptively though I suppose.

edit: omg you guys must not watch her videos. She would never skip an X-men movie. Much less Phoenix.
    She was extremely agressive about it and bragging about her sources and whatnot.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Guessing the ending is a very fanfare-y ending, with a "mutation: it is the key to our evolution" monologue over a montage of different X-Men in different fights across different locations/times.

The closing of Starship Troopers immediately comes to mind in terms of tone and closure (insofar as showing the characters' lives and adventures will go on, even if they're unseen): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h4dVFOi3Xg

Expecting a Hugh Jackman Wolverine cameo--wouldn't be surprised by other cameos, like Colossus and Deadpool.
    Last edited by Filthy Mutie; 06-04-2019 at 08:09 AM. Reason: typo