Page 132 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I consider myself a Cyclops fan and I loved the movie. I think he had some great moments throughout the movie, some of which he never got the opportunity to enjoy in the original trilogy. Same goes for Storm. She was really awesome in the final battle.
    You used to be one of my favourite posters here. But now I can't trust a single word you say anymore.

Saw it last night. Had to sleep on this.

I'm going to watch where Kinberg goes after this movie's cycle ends bc I have a theory. No there is no non-Disney cut petition. Not a conspiracy nut.

Someone wrote and tried to film a DoFP lvl movie. Hell, even better. Some great ideas went into this. if executed properly, it would be 8/10. 9 with some costumes and a bit more. The villain reveal showed promise. The new cast had promise. Just like DoFP, it would've been a loose adaptation, but get over it. Haters were gonna hate and have the same anti-XCU hang-ups. Some same Fox issues but it could've worked. Someone tried to craft a great movie and continuation.

And then someone edited this to be the most frustrating movie experience that I have sat through. Cut scenes from the trailer. There were no sound cues in the first act. Just none. Only a weird silence then soundtrack that sometimes didn't even work. Then it was marketed as an Endgame???

Its like someone actively tried to make every moment flat or bad. Either by contrast with the surrounding scenes, lack of music etc.

And then it ends....

It was like sitting in a perfectly fine room that was painted some obnoxious color that makes you nauseous.

Also, I will say the haters for this are actively making this an underdog movie. If half of these ppl had just let it come out, there wouldn't be so much defending. Now ppl feel like they have to be nice to a victim.
    The reviews also prove ppl don't know the lore at all, but love to criticize like they do.
    Last edited by MaddieGrey; 06-07-2019 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Now this was... shockingly bad. Boring and predictable, not even otherwise excellent actors could elevate it from mediocrity.

There was not a single line, character moment, fight or power display (the first big fight was very badly choreographed, and the less said about the train fight scenes in fast-forward, the better) that stood out for me. I also quickly realized the various trailers basically gave away the WHOLE movie: seriously, fill in the gaps with some sniveling and arguing and you get right to the final fight, admittedly the only part whose outcome was unknown.

Let me repeat it again: this was really bad. Nothing particularly offensive happens to be fair, but I'd rate this even below The Last Stand which at least offered some entertainment. With this one, I just couldn't wait for it to finish.
    I completely agree. I am sad that the film is this bad. There were no character moments that were earned. It relied on the audience to know comics history to understand them. Everything in the film looked cheap - the costumes, the sets, the CGI, the fight choreography. Just so underwhelming. Genosha looked like trash and not at all how it should have been presented. And again, Fox in their infinite stupidity takes character names from the comics and puts them on characters that aren't even remotely accurate. UGH. AGAIN. Come on. The script demanded that Xavier act like a fool. He's a world class telepath and this is what he's reduced to? And where are the physical mutations? Every mutant (except Nightcrawler and the very few occasions that Jennifer and Nicholas would deign to wear blue makeup) looked normal. And then Jessica Chastain. Wonderful actress and for a moment I liked the twist they used. But every moment after was flat and lifeless. I mean, Fox has never been known to follow their own X-Men movie continuity but Jesus this is so bad and awkward. It feels like they think the audiences are too stupid to realize that Jean wielded the Phoenix Force in Apocalypse... groan inducing for sure. Even the cameo from my favorite Dazzler couldn't save this movie...
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Ha! I haven’t seen the movie yet, but i’m pretty scared.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    I completely agree. I am sad that the film is this bad. There were no character moments that were earned. It relied on the audience to know comics history to understand them. Everything in the film looked cheap - the costumes, the sets, the CGI, the fight choreography. Just so underwhelming. Genosha looked like trash and not at all how it should have been presented. And again, Fox in their infinite stupidity takes character names from the comics and puts them on characters that aren't even remotely accurate. UGH. AGAIN. Come on. The script demanded that Xavier act like a fool. He's a world class telepath and this is what he's reduced to? And where are the physical mutations? Every mutant (except Nightcrawler and the very few occasions that Jennifer and Nicholas would deign to wear blue makeup) looked normal. And then Jessica Chastain. Wonderful actress and for a moment I liked the twist they used. But every moment after was flat and lifeless. I mean, Fox has never been known to follow their own X-Men movie continuity but Jesus this is so bad and awkward. It feels like they think the audiences are too stupid to realize that Jean wielded the Phoenix Force in Apocalypse... groan inducing for sure. Even the cameo from my favorite Dazzler couldn't save this movie...
    Can I ask you something on this front? I pointed this out in the other sub-forum that I thought it was a bizarre disconnect with Apocalypse that they showed the Phoenix at the end of that movie and now the Phoenix is a space entity. So....is the Phoenix portrayed as a separate entity in this movie?

If so, that makes my concern about Apocalypse valid. And I want to launch into another "**** Kinberg" rant about it.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Can I ask you something on this front? I pointed this out in the other sub-forum that I thought it was a bizarre disconnect with Apocalypse that they showed the Phoenix at the end of that movie and now the Phoenix is a space entity. So....is the Phoenix portrayed as a separate entity in this movie?

If so, that makes my concern about Apocalypse valid. And I want to launch into another "**** Kinberg" rant about it.
    spoilers:
    So they never call it the Phoenix Force. It is just described by the D'Bari/Vuk/Chastain as this powerful cosmic force that destroys most things, but could have the power to bring back their planet. Because Jean's ultimate expression of her powers was the Phoenix imagery from Apocalypse, it's the form the cosmic force assumes AT THE END OF THE MOVIE ONLY. Jean is nicknamed "Phoenix" by the kids at the Xavier School when she comes back from the space mission and is back to life.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

The comics had Hope project Phoenix raptors years before AvX.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    spoilers:
    So they never call it the Phoenix Force. It is just described by the D'Bari/Vuk/Chastain as this powerful cosmic force that destroys most things, but could have the power to bring back their planet. Because Jean's ultimate expression of her powers was the Phoenix imagery from Apocalypse, it's the form the cosmic force assumes AT THE END OF THE MOVIE ONLY. Jean is nicknamed "Phoenix" by the kids at the Xavier School when she comes back from the space mission and is back to life.
    end of spoilers
    Thank you. That's better than I expected for continuity.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Thank you. That's better than I expected for continuity.
    spoilers:
    But they still made it seem like Jean has multiple personality disorder in the movie. Or at least that is what I took from it. Which was a call back to Last Stand. This cosmic force only augmented her abilities and instability and this other "personality". Or at least that is how Sophie was asked to portray it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I consider myself a Cyclops fan and I loved the movie. I think he had some great moments throughout the movie, some of which he never got the opportunity to enjoy in the original trilogy. Same goes for Storm. She was really awesome in the final battle.
    sad turn of events
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-08-2019 at 01:55 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    spoilers:
    But they still made it seem like Jean has multiple personality disorder in the movie. Or at least that is what I took from it. Which was a call back to Last Stand. This cosmic force only augmented her abilities and instability and this other "personality". Or at least that is how Sophie was asked to portray it.
    end of spoilers
    Oh I fully expected a ton of other terrible choices,

I was just curious about how it tied in with that needless reference in Apocalypse.

Who the heck is Becky?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Who the heck is Becky?
    Doesn't matter....

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Who the heck is Becky?
    lmfao lolololol I'm rolling
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Who the heck is Becky?
    Clearly the name of the split personality that Kinberg inserted in her brain as a shortcut to a real representation of a cosmic power.