Page 177 of 207 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 3103
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    My understanding was that dropping the "X-Men" part was to signal that this was Jean's movie, not a team movie (e.g. like how Civil War was titled as part of the Captain America series even through it could've easily been called an Avengers movie and no one would've raised an eyebrow). As for calling it "Dark Phoenix," well, it does indicate which story it's adapting and Jean does go evil; she's just able to pull herself back before she's completely lost.
    Yeah, she is on the edge of becoming a villain but it is more comparable to Mystique in DOFP who turns down killing Trask and does not go down a dark path.

I think using the title “Dark Phoenix” hurt the film in a few ways. I’ve seen plenty people criticize it for not having Jean become full on evil, not realizing that was the point of the story.

There were no prequels after Days of Future Past; just sequels.
    The filmmakers consider them prequels.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-04-2019 at 02:35 AM.

BANNED

My understanding was that dropping the "X-Men" part was to signal that this was Jean's movie, not a team movie (e.g. like how Civil War was titled as part of the Captain America series even through it could've easily been called an Avengers movie and no one would've raised an eyebrow). As for calling it "Dark Phoenix," well, it does indicate which story it's adapting and Jean does go evil; she's just able to pull herself back before she's completely lost.
    Fox dropped the X-men part only in US, Bangladesh, Mexico but majority of countries had full name.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6565702...tt_ov_inf#akas

Fox had other reasons to drop the "X-men" part than something with story. It was more about brand perception.
    In countries where X-men brand is strong they did go with X-men Dark Phoenix.
    In countries where X-men brand is weak they picked Dark Phoenix.
    Last edited by Xelossik; 07-04-2019 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Yeah, she is on the edge of becoming a villain but it is more comparable to Mystique in DOFP who turns down killing Trask and does not go down a dark path.

I think using the title “Dark Phoenix” hurt the film in a few ways. I’ve seen plenty people criticize it for not having Jean become full on evil, not realizing that was the point of the story.
    I see. Don't get it, though.

The filmmakers consider them prequels.
    They prequel nothing, though; they're sequels to certain films already made.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Fox dropped the X-men part only in US, Bangladesh, Mexico but majority of countries had full name.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6565702...tt_ov_inf#akas

Fox had other reasons to drop the "X-men" part than something with story. It was more about brand perception.
    In countries where X-men brand is strong they did go with X-men Dark Phoenix.
    In countries where X-men brand is weak they picked Dark Phoenix.
    And yet we in the States got the "X-Men-less" title.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

And yet we in the States got the "X-Men-less" title.
    domestic box office of x-men movies:

Llast Stand 51%
    First Class 41,4%
    Days of Future Past 31,3%
    Apocalypse 28,6%
    Dark Phoenix 26,1%

what does it mean?

I think that for some reasons x-men doesn't click with american audience for some reason (compared to rest of the world).
    Movies like deadpool(1 and 2) and logan had bigger domestic box office (both by number and by percent).

Yes
    I think that people in US care about Logan. I don't think that they care about X-men. That's why Fox decided to remove X-men from US. That's why they didn't removed X-men from China or Europe.
    Last edited by Xelossik; 07-04-2019 at 06:44 AM.

I saw Spider-Man: Far From Home last night. I also went while wearing a Dark Phoenix shirt. And more than a few people noticed. They thought it was great.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I see. Don't get it, though.
    I get it. It’s the result of a confirmation bias called selective perception.

Selective perception is the tendency not to notice and more quickly forget stimuli that cause emotional discomfort and contradict our prior beliefs.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_perception

In this case the marketing was telling audiences that Jean is the villain of the story. Just look back at the marketing, it’s literally the selling point.

The plot synopsis says that the movie is about Jean becoming the X-Men’s greatest foe.

Posters say it’s about hero turning to the dark side.

In the second trailer Xavier says “she’ll kill us all”, then switches to Jean crushing Magneto’s helmet while he is still wearing it. On the train Magneto says “she’s coming” and switches to the train being attacked but they don’t show you who is attacking, then shows a shot of Jean lifting the train which gives the impression she is the one attacking them.

So a lot of people will watch the movie thinking it was a fall from grace story and that Jean not turning to the dark side is just the movie cheating the audience. Despite Jean’s monologues at the beginning and end literally talking the audience that wasn’t what the story was about. It’s because they are subconsciously ignoring what Jean said due to it contradicting a prior belief.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-04-2019 at 11:48 AM.

I get it. It’s the result of a confirmation bias called selective perception.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_perception

In this case the marketing was telling audiences that Jean is the villain of the story. Just look back at the marketing, it’s literally the selling point.

The plot synopsis says that the movie is about Jean becoming the X-Men’s greatest foe.

Posters say it’s about hero turning to the dark side.

In the second trailer Xavier says “she’ll kill us all”, then switches to Jean crushing Magneto’s helmet while he is still wearing it. On the train Magneto says “she’s coming” and switches to the train being attacked but they don’t show you who is attacking, then shows a shot of Jean lifting the train which gives the impression she is the one attacking them.

So a lot of people will watch the movie thinking it was a fall from grace story and that Jean not turning to the dark side is just the movie cheating the audience. Despite Jean’s monologues at the beginning and end literally talking the audience that wasn’t what the story was about. It’s because they are subconsciously ignoring what Jean said due to it contradicting a prior belief.
    Dunno; everything in the marketing plays up to what happened in the movie.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Dunno; everything in the marketing plays up to what happened in the movie.
    Jean in the movie is far from being X-Men’s “most devastating enemy yet” as the plot synopsis says. She only fights them once in the entire movie and reluctantly so, with her trying to avoid using lethal force(Mystique’s death is an accident). Jean is basically like the Hulk in the sense that she just wants to be left alone.

Jean trying to kill all the X-Men and is the one attacking the train definitely doesn’t happen in the film.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-05-2019 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Funny photo. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Omega level relaxing. I love it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Hmm...

https://old.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...at_didnt_make/

Kinberg back in September said that the movie was over 2 hours. I wonder why they cut out so much.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    domestic box office of x-men movies:

Llast Stand 51%
    First Class 41,4%
    Days of Future Past 31,3%
    Apocalypse 28,6%
    Dark Phoenix 26,1%

what does it mean?

I think that for some reasons x-men doesn't click with american audience for some reason (compared to rest of the world).
    Movies like deadpool(1 and 2) and logan had bigger domestic box office (both by number and by percent).

Yes
    I think that people in US care about Logan. I don't think that they care about X-men. That's why Fox decided to remove X-men from US. That's why they didn't removed X-men from China or Europe.
    I think it has more to do with the Fox movies were not really X-Men movies. They were Xavier/Magneto movies with other characters taking a leading role here an there. First it was Rogue then Wolveine then Mystique. People did not want Xavier/Magneto movies they wanted X-Men movies. As time went on and the formula stayed the same with those two characters being the main focus and everyone else playing 2nd fiddle people just started dropping off in the US. The focus of the Singer/Kinberg movies was always those two characters either in them dealing with each other or in how other characters delt with them.

People just got tired of the adventure of Charles and Eric and wanted to see the actual X-Men in an X-Men movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think it has more to do with the Fox movies were not really X-Men movies. They were Xavier/Magneto movies with other characters taking a leading role here an there. First it was Rogue then Wolveine then Mystique. People did not want Xavier/Magneto movies they wanted X-Men movies. As time went on and the formula stayed the same with those two characters being the main focus and everyone else playing 2nd fiddle people just started dropping off in the US. The focus of the Singer/Kinberg movies was always those two characters either in them dealing with each other or in how other characters delt with them.

People just got tired of the adventure of Charles and Eric and wanted to see the actual X-Men in an X-Men movie.
    Before that it was the Wolverine show.

Yeah, in the original trilogy Xavier always got taken out of the picture.