Page 197 of 207 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3103

By the terrible mirror scene I already had a sense that something funny was going on, but it it was only the “walking away from the helicopter explosion” scene that I realised it was meant to be a full-on comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Dark Phoenix is not Evil Phoenix.

She was Phoenix in X2 (not explicitly mentioned on-screen), The Last Stand, Apocalypse.
    The Cosmic Force just enhanced her "Phoenix" power to the nth degree and made it out of control.
    The "Dark" is ALSO a reference to the secrets in her life and her attempt to cope with them.
    According to the comics? Dark is meant to be evil and insane and a drug addict. As per Claremont and Byrne.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    According to the comics? Dark is meant to be evil and insane and a drug addict. As per Claremont and Byrne.
    They tried to the drug addiction thing with this according to interviews and scenes in the trailer, but it was cut.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    By the terrible mirror scene I already had a sense that something funny was going on, but it it was only the “walking away from the helicopter explosion” scene that I realised it was meant to be a full-on comedy.
    Yup. MST3K this thing is the only way to enjoy it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Thought it wasn’t as bad as people are saying. In fact, it was a lot more enjoyable in my opinion than the predictable Marvel movies we get from Disney that are oversaturated with unfunny jokes everywhere. It of course could have been better though. That said, it’s tough to imagine some of these characters being better cast.
    You know,it really is funny to me to hear someone bash the MCU for being "predictable" while defending a movie that REVEALED MYSTIQUES DEATH IN THE TRAILER AND CONFIRMED IT IN INTERVIEWS BEFORE THE MOVIE CAME OUT. I'll take predictable over garbage like that any day. Her death felt like a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    They tried to the drug addiction thing with this according to interviews and scenes in the trailer, but it was cut.
    Of course any story potential was cut out sadly

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Drug addict??? Who??? Jean?

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseBeFeige View Post
    You know,it really is funny to me to hear someone bash the MCU for being "predictable" while defending a movie that REVEALED MYSTIQUES DEATH IN THE TRAILER AND CONFIRMED IT IN INTERVIEWS BEFORE THE MOVIE CAME OUT. I'll take predictable over garbage like that any day. Her death felt like a joke.
    You can’t really say this movie is predictable. Almost everyone here thought the movie was going to be about Jean’s fall from grace.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    You can’t really say this movie is predictable. Almost everyone here thought the movie was going to be about Jean’s fall from grace.

Allow me to clarify- KurtW95 called the MCU predictable, and I was saying that this is a rather odd insult coming from someone who was defending Dark Phoenix, a movie that, while maybe not predictable, revealed a huge plot point months before hitting theaters.

I see what you did there, Simon Kinberg.

https://old.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...f_from_making/
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-02-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    deleted scenes?
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Those screens make it look like Storm might actually say something in them!

Amazing Member

movie felt so small. cosmic entity/universal danger and the final fight scene is in a train with a bunch of shape shifting aliens with no weapons going against x men with super powers.

and how did phoenix defeat the boss? by exploding themselves. she couldve just flung her to space and to the sun at her power level.

it wouldve been better if they just used the shiar .not the imperial guard immediately, some low ranking guards at first. and then the final fight the imperial guard shows up threatening to destroy the planet and she sacrifices herself. when they think that the phoenix is destroyed, they leave earth.

so weak.

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    deleted scenes?
    Looks like it. I don't remember seeing those moments in the theater. It's well-documented that a lot of material got cut from this movie because it was meant to be a two-parter. This just might be part of it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.