Page 151 of 207 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3103
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Doesn’t JLaw literally get sick from the make-up?
    This is a new excuse to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherZero View Post
    The problem is that queer relationships get erased or half-heartedly teased more than they are actually represented. In this instance, a producer on the film acknowledged that the queer subtext is being played up. That is queerbaiting.
    They know what they are doing and never really delivers it. Finest queerbaiting

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    For some reason, no matter the director or choreographer or stunt coordinator or whoever, no matter the movie, no matter the year, bad wirework seems to be a staple of the X-Men movies. Other superhero franchises (fittingly for example, Spider-Man and Batman) have mostly seamless, almost wushu-like wirework.
    This is weird. Because it is a simple practical effect and they never get it right.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 06-10-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    I'm not sure. I only know about the trailers, not production. There's been far more attention to how Jennifer looks in the trailers and how soon she appears (without Mystique makeup) than terrible special effects shots.
    What special effects shots did you think were terrible in the Dark Phoenix trailers?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    This is a new excuse to me.
    It's pretty old news, and at least part of why she was looking for opportunities to not have to get into makeup as much in DoFP.

What special effects shots did you think were terrible in the Dark Phoenix trailers?
    Apocalypse was the bigger issue. They have some temp effects in the teaser. Marvel would never let something like that happen for an MCU movie. They micromanage the details that matter, not how attractive their lead actresses look.

BANNED

X-men movies version of jumping/flying in one single moment. (1:20)

It looks fucking ridiculous.

In this instance, a producer on the film acknowledged that the queer subtext is being played up. That is queerbaiting.
    Is it really "baiting" if they're giving in to the constant badgering for representation? They have a story they want to tell but have groups of people worrying the piss out of them. What are they supposed to do?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Is it really "baiting" if they're giving in to the constant badgering for representation? They have a story they want to tell but have groups of people worrying the piss out of them. What are they supposed to do?
    Portray an actual queer relationship onscreen is what they are supposed to do. I'm shocked that required explanation.

Portray an actual queer relationship onscreen is what they are supposed to do. I'm shocked that required explanation.
    When, in a feature film, is there time to do that? I can see it in a tv series, but in a two-hour movie? Hell, they couldn't even get Cyclops and Jean right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    When, in a feature film, is there time to do that? I can see it in a tv series, but in a two-hour movie? Hell, they couldn't even get Cyclops and Jean right.
    They seem to have plenty of time to regurgitate the same tired scenes between Xavier and Magneto and time to add that queer subtext, so I'm not sure how including actual queer characters and simply showing them in a relationship or just being attracted to someone is a stretch. I'm not asking for a multi-scene storyline detailing this entire hypothetical relationship, but you know that.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

The problem is that queer relationships get erased or half-heartedly teased more than they are actually represented. In this instance, a producer on the film acknowledged that the queer subtext is being played up. That is queerbaiting.
    I didn't see anything gay about their relationship even if they intended it. It was so poorly written that it was lost. Queerbating doesn't exist. It's called inclusion. Including diversity is so new that people have to create words like "queerbaiting" to wrap their heads around it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I didn't see anything gay about their relationship even if they intended it. It was so poorly written that it was lost. Queerbating doesn't exist. It's called inclusion. Including diversity is so new that people have to create words like "queerbaiting" to wrap their heads around it.
    No, inclusion would be showing them as explicitly queer, and queerbaiting does exist. Google is your friend.

It was the best comic book film of the year!

Haters gonna hate! Saw it twice and it didn’t change my opinion. It’s great!

Amazing Member

Couldn't agree more.
    1 - Days of Future Past
    2 - X-Men 2
    3 - Dark Phoenix

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

What was the ending about?