Page 201 of 207 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3103

Would like to get the BluRay, but haven't felt the urge to do it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Is there a Director's cut (with in movie-deleted scenes) or just the deleted scenes by themselves?

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Is there a Director's cut (with in movie-deleted scenes) or just the deleted scenes by themselves?
    Just the deleted scenes, unfortunately. That said, while there are a couple of scenes that would've served as great connective tissue, they didn't include anything really revelatory.There's an alternate ending shot (with different V/O from Jean), but I think I prefer what we got over it.

While the Rogue Cut of Days of Future Past was released after the initial home release, that movie made significantly more money, and Singer basically campaigned for it. Kinberg, having left Fox, isn't likely to do the same, and that, combined with the low gross of the film, leads me to think there won't be a director's cut at this point.

Like I've said ad nauseum on this thread, Green Lantern got one (extended, anyway, dunno about how involved the director was), so there's always hope.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Thanks Sam. Appreciate the info.

Yeah, I already saw this movie a few times, and I can enjoy watching it, even though that is not "my" Jean, Phoenix nor Dark Phoenix. I do like seeing Jean as powerful and the amount of action in the movie.

All-New Member

I saw this and it was just... boring. There was no life or joy. It wasn't irritating or bad, it just was a whole lot of nothing.

Phoenix does not - and never will - work without Marvel Girl. And Marvel Girl will never happen because modern-day sensibilities do not allow a "Marvel Girl" to exist. Phoenix is about the ascension and corruption of the team's moral, soft core. People love and reminisce on the cartoon so much because remember that Jean Grey was a weakbitch in that series, then became awesome, then became dark and evil. We don't get that arc with Sophie's Jean, so who cares. They did it because the storyline is remembered fondly (and with Famke, too, which honest to god was done better) and thought that meant it's good in and of itself. It isn't.

The Shi'ar doesn't make Phoenix good. It could have been rewritten without anything cosmic entirely. Viewers HATE Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique (I fucking do), so her death doesn't matter no matter how much moping everyone does. They need to build up Marvel Girl as the heart of the team, then have her do true, irredeemable evil. They didn't.

Also, Superweave was a terrible b-villain-come-ally. I also have no fucking clue what baldie was doing to Nightcrawler.

Also, it just needed some joy and fun to break up all the moping. I prefer my mental fanfic with them opening the hangar all dramatically to find Dazzler rollerskating inside. Or her showing up to grab food out of the fridge in the middle of Beast/Prof X being drunk messes (lol). Or her being in the train car and acting like Jenna Maroney all jealous that the guard's kid is a fan of NIGHTCRAWLER but not her inspiring singing talent.

Also, I would be all "who told the 10 year olds Jean killed Mystique?!"

Whatever. Goodbye, X-Men. I'll always have X2. And the brilliantly rendered Rusty Collins from Deadpool 2. I felt more for him than I ever did for Jean in this franchise reboot.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Novaya Havoc View Post

Phoenix does not - and never will - work without Marvel Girl. And Marvel Girl will never happen because modern-day sensibilities do not allow a "Marvel Girl" to exist. Phoenix is about the ascension and corruption of the team's moral, soft core. People love and reminisce on the cartoon so much because remember that Jean Grey was a weakbitch in that series, then became awesome, then became dark and evil. We don't get that arc with Sophie's Jean, so who cares. They did it because the storyline is remembered fondly (and with Famke, too, which honest to god was done better) and thought that meant it's good in and of itself. It isn't.
    This movie wasn’t really about Jean becoming corrupted but rather that she was suffering from schizophrenia, essentially.

And it was originally planned as a two parter with Jessica Chastain as Lilandra but the studio made it into one film in late pre-production. Chris Claremont confirmed this.

Btw, this puts an end to the whole “they retconned Apocalypse” complaint.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelatFox...orce_question/

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post

Considering that they never call the force that entered Jean the Phoenix, I'd buy that explanation. I just wish the movie had been given the room necessary to explain it. Damn studio.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Finally got around to watching this turkey. Not good. Just not good. Pretty much everything with Xavier was bad and the way Kinberg kept hammer us over and over that everything wrong was Xaviers fault got really old really fast. Especially coming from characters like Magneto and Mystique who have done so much worse. The stupid time jumps really stuck out bad in this movie too when Beast is supposed to be one of the elder statement of the X-Men, but still looks as young or younger than the rest of the X-Men even though he is supposed to be 25 years older then them. Sophie as Jean was boring as dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Finally got around to watching this turkey. Not good. Just not good. Pretty much everything with Xavier was bad and the way Kinberg kept hammer us over and over that everything wrong was Xaviers fault got really old really fast. Especially coming from characters like Magneto and Mystique who have done so much worse. The stupid time jumps really stuck out bad in this movie too when Beast is supposed to be one of the elder statement of the X-Men, but still looks as young or younger than the rest of the X-Men even though he is supposed to be 25 years older then them. Sophie as Jean was boring as dirt.
    What has Mystique done in this timeline? Don’t remember Magneto criticizing Xavier, just telling him to shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Wow! That is stunning.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

What has Mystique done in this timeline? Don’t remember Magneto criticizing Xavier, just telling him to shut up.
    Associated with Magento's Brotherhood in the early days and was talked out of murdering Trask (which would've been her first murder had it gone through).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Where is this from? Where does one see it (other than here)?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

So why did they bother calling the movie "Dark Phoenix"? It should've been called "the awakening".