Page 4 of 207 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Are you referring to the imaginary test screenings that have been happening lately.
    I'm talking about the massive amounts of re-shoots and the fact that the release date has been pushed twice.

I don't pay much attention to test screening reports as they are rarely accurate.
    L'Enfer !

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think that's a pretty rude description for Sophie.
    lol

I find it weird that a handful of people that saw the movie get to decide what gets changed. Obviously the test audience either didn't see X3, or weren't loud enough to say "this is a remake of X3"

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    I'm talking about the massive amounts of re-shoots and the fact that the release date has been pushed twice.

I don't pay much attention to test screening reports as they are rarely accurate.
    Oh. Though World War Z was delayed for just as long and was mildly entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    lol

I find it weird that a handful of people that saw the movie get to decide what gets changed. Obviously the test audience either didn't see X3, or weren't loud enough to say "this is a remake of X3"
    General audiences liked X3 and the majority of critics gave it a pass. Fan-bias aside, it’s only major problem was the bloated narrative.

BANNED

They didn't do a massive amount of reshoots. The reshoots were only a couple weeks long (contrary to the three months report), which is normal for a big budget movie.

They seem to have reshot Sophie’s scenes due to her losing weight.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 01-31-2019 at 07:41 AM.

BANNED

They seem to have reshot Sophie’s scenes due to her losing weight.
    ok that's enough. Honestly.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I just can't with Tye's face.... he looks like a 12 year old boy throwing a tantrum.
    Yeah he looks young but is that really his name? I keep thinking you guys are spelling 'Tyke' wrong.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah he looks young but is that really his name? I keep thinking you guys are spelling 'Tyke' wrong.
    This actor's name is Tye Sheridan.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

No idea wth the arguing is even about. Doesn't really matter if those reshoots were super long or super short, it just looks bad, period.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    No idea wth the arguing is even about. Doesn't really matter if those reshoots were super long or super short, it just looks bad, period.
    Every movie has reshoots, though. It's standard practice. For some reason, people just love harping on it as an excuse to prematurely hate a movie. Star Wars: Rogue One went through heavy reshoots and still succeeded. Deadpool 2 also had some very late reshoots that didn't keep it from being great. I think the stories surrounding movies like Justice League and Fan4stic have really given reshoots a bad name, but those are the exceptions and not the norms. Dark Phoenix sounds like it's trying to respond to results from early test screenings and using the reshoots to improve the movie, which is perfectly reasonable. That's just not enough for some people, though. It's an excuse to hate something they're already determined to hate.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Sometimes I feel like i'm the only person who is excited for this movie. I'm ready for it to come out. I want it to be good obviously, but I"m just ready for it to be over and done with. I'm also equally excited about the MCU's X-Men, whatever that may bring, but there's no reason to not enjoy Dark Phoenix SOLELY for that reason (as opposed to it being bad acting, bad plot, bad XF etc)

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Every movie has reshoots, though. It's standard practice. For some reason, people just love harping on it as an excuse to prematurely hate a movie. Star Wars: Rogue One went through heavy reshoots and still succeeded. Deadpool 2 also had some very late reshoots that didn't keep it from being great. I think the stories surrounding movies like Justice League and Fan4stic have really given reshoots a bad name, but those are the exceptions and not the norms. Dark Phoenix sounds like it's trying to respond to results from early test screenings and using the reshoots to improve the movie, which is perfectly reasonable. That's just not enough for some people, though. It's an excuse to hate something they're already determined to hate.
    Inversely, folks getting all defensive over it basically amounts to defending something they're already determined to like.

I don't have a horse in this race. The trailers weren't exactly awe-worthy and we've got not one, but two delayed release dates. Don't even get me started on New Mutants and the not-happening-Gambit movie. Not saying folks who aren't invested in it are going "zomg, this looks terrible, avoid like the plague". Feels more like a collective shrug and the delays aren't helping.

I will say that delays can help a movie though. World War Z was delayed for around half a year as well.

Ever heard about the production of the movie Snowman? That movie definitely should have been delayed.

BANNED

I will say that delays can help a movie though. World War Z was delayed for around half a year as well.

Ever heard about the production of the movie Snowman? That movie definitely should have been delayed.
    When it comes to delays, would you say it more frequently is a good sign or a bad? We can come up with exceptions....but you know how the saying goes.

Bringing over some visuals from the Jean Grey thread that are applicable here.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    oficial kinsberg post

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post