Page 3 of 207 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    huh? a jerk how? i thought he acted just fine. i couldn't even name a part in the movie where acted like a jerk. feel free to hate on it, but i thought it was fine enough and was just happy to see cyclops get a decent role
    The actor looks like a douchebag

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    I think this movie is dead on arrival sadly. All the signs point to another Fan4stic.
    Are you referring to the imaginary test screenings that have been happening lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Not sure if this has any legitimacy? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBn6o3vuFW4
    I’ve actually talked with that guy they are citing on twitter before. He also said that he heard positive reactions from the Venom test screenings after the reshoots. Which we all know wasn’t the overall reaction since Sony didn’t left the embargo until the day of the release. Showing the studio had no faith in Venom. So a blogger hearing from a handful of people is not really a good way to determine how the overall audience reaction was. Especially, when hundreds of people go to these screenings if I am correct.

I don’t think this guy is a reliable source. Here is what he said earlier this month and here is what someone who worked on the film said a few days ago.

She’s legit too. Here is her IMDB page.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7339952/

So there was no screening for nearly a year until last week. So there has a bit artificial bad buzz made since Dark Phoenix ended up in third on IMDB’s and China’s most anticipated film of 2019. I doubt she has been lying for a year about working at Fox.

So this isn’t like that anonymous poster on Superhero Hype that claimed to have worked at Fox and said the movie was cancelled. This is 100% legit. You can read the whole conversation here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GodOfConq...12397784645632

Seems that any alleged public test screenings happening between February of last year and January 22th of this year is completely fabricated. Unless these people were at private screenings for cast and crew but those are not really test screenings.

EDIT: One of the sources of the alleged screening also got plot details wrong.

https://i.imgur.com/moyiELZ.jpg
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 04-17-2019 at 06:44 PM.

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️ Hata's STAY mad lol⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    All you have to do is look at his films and there is definitely a certain type...twink, well fit, pretty, but can't really act.
    I think that's a pretty rude description for Sophie.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️ Hata's STAY mad lol⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
    Indeed. People on ComicBookMovie.com were freaking out when IMDB showed the data. Here’s another one:

I went and saw Dark Phoenix a few months ago. While I didn’t like Apocalypse, I still had high hopes because I still loved First Class and Days of Future Past. Unfortunately, the film was a huge disappointment. Terrible script, bland visuals and the weird choice to recreate scenes from The Last Stand – Fox’s other attempt (failure) to adapt The Dark Phoenix storyline. There is ONE kind of an interesting twist midway but it didn’t really do much for me.

Jessica Chastain – usually an actress I adore – is just Awful in this. Maybe one of the worst villains in a comic book movie I’ve seen in awhile. The Alien villains are bland in general, too. So in short: Overdramatic, badly written, with great actors giving terrible performances. Just an embarrassment to all involved. I’m sad one of my favorite franchises is ending on such a low-note. Can’t wait to see what Feige and co. have in mind for the characters for the MCU though. Thank God the Fox era is about to be over.
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ment-involved/

A few months ago? Sure./s

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Folks are still excited about this, even after Fox and Kinberg's aiding and abetting of Singer?
    Actually, I would. Just because I don't like executives and the director doesn't mean I'm going to punish the cast and crew, especially the latter since I am related to people who did special effects (ASM1 and ASM2).

If the movie doesn't interest me or has terrible promotion, then that's a different story.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    He’s still a producer, according to Chastain. Or he was before his meltdown on Bohemian Rhapsody.

J Law finally looks like Mystique, so that’s something.
    You were the only person who answered my question
    thank you
    i love you

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    I',m expecting the 05 in the first Disney movie.
    Disney is smarter than that.

Astonishing Member

I hope you are right ... *crossing fingers*

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Disney is smarter than that.
    If there is a movie... I'm sure you've all heard that Disney may go the streaming route with the X-verse...
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Astonishing Member

I think they picked a horrible slot to open. Competition will be fierce and the buzz on X-Men is pretty quiet. Maybe they should have opened in October or November where there's no cape movies. Not counting the Joker as he's a villain.

Fan created poster that homages a classic X-Men Dark Phoenix image. I wish there were more "moments" from the panels/covers that were given their due reverence in adaptations.
    This was created by Fabio Rodriguez (https://www.instagram.com/fabio_rodrigz/) who is an art director for a company that actually makes movie posters so it A LOT closer to being a real deal movie poster than most.

I just can't with Tye's face.... he looks like a 12 year old boy throwing a tantrum.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Let's try to talk about something good

1- who is your favorite actor/actress?
    2- who is your favorite character from this movie?
    3- what do you want from this movie?
    1 - Favorite Actor: Michael Fassbender, but I think Hot Magneto has been over utilized in the movies. Would be interesting if they stole the ending of Planet X by Grant Morrison and had Mags save the day by defeating Phoenix.

2 - Favorite Character from this movie? - I'm most intrigued by Jessica Chastain's "Smith" character and what kind of composite tptb might have cooked up here. And bravo for keeping so much about the character under wraps! Still hoping that someone has read about Saturnine - an icy alien blonde with an Anti-Phoenix agenda. If they really wanted to twist our noodle, they'd have Saturnyne push the X-Men characters into the MCU proper in an after-credits scene. Something that's within her power as custodian of the Multiverse.

3 - What do you want from this movie? - Like wise a viable Jean/Scott unit. Something we have YET to see. Now with Wolverine out of the way, maybe with the more suitably cast characters can be given a chance to shine together.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-31-2019 at 02:51 AM.