Page 44 of 207 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    The description of Selene and Red Lotus is such a put off. So you just created two new characters and gave them names of the existing ones. Selene wouldn’t need to stab Nightcrawler.. she would just drain his life force. God. Stop taking characters and fucking them around. I’m so glad this is the last **** Fox-men movie we have to deal with
    My theory is that Selene was supposed to be Psylocke, but Olivia Munn didn't return, either because the part wasn't big enough (again) or because she was busy filming Predator like she claimed. So they probably just shoe horned Selene into the role.

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    My theory is that Selene was supposed to be Psylocke, but Olivia Munn didn't return, either because the part wasn't big enough (again) or because she was busy filming Predator like she claimed. So they probably just shoe horned Selene into the role.
    That's what I was thinking & the purple hair they gave Selene was a small tease that hey, this could've been Psylocke but it didn't work out. I wasn't the biggest fan of how Psylocke was written(wallpaper) in Apocalypse but then again I've always felt a lot of female characters are flat in any Singer film. Munn did her best with what she was given.

The WonderCon footage sounds good but I'm still going in with slight worry for the whole thing. Red Lotus & Selene even give me Morlock/Omega gang vibes from the Last Stand. From their styling to how some of the Morlocks seemed to be thrown in at the last minute just to have more characters & powers on screen.

That sounds fairly plausible. And honestly, I wouldn't mind if it were the case. It sounds like Olivia Munn just wasn't going to work in this movie. I also get the sense that she wanted a larger role, but it just couldn't happen. Rather than recast her, they brought in a character that isn't as known, but can still fill the same role. And since Selene does have a history of being an adversary to the X-Men, I think it works just fine.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    That sounds fairly plausible. And honestly, I wouldn't mind if it were the case. It sounds like Olivia Munn just wasn't going to work in this movie. I also get the sense that she wanted a larger role, but it just couldn't happen. Rather than recast her, they brought in a character that isn't as known, but can still fill the same role. And since Selene does have a history of being an adversary to the X-Men, I think it works just fine.
    I have no faith she won't be any more than a henchwoman who dies underwhelmingly like Emma. Fox really had it bad with these kinds of characters.

BANNED

https://deadline.com/2019/03/x-men-d...on-1202585214/

it was easy to expect the worst when the arena lights went down and new footage filled the screen. Instead a funny thing happened. The 10-minute sequence from the first act of Dark Phoenix wasn’t bad — it was, in fact, the opposite of bad. Which is to say it was good. Very good. Like X-Men: Days of Future Past kind of good.

The crowd cheered enthusiastically for action-packed scenes, which were brisk, evocative, and intense. There was humor and conflict. Team unity and character traits were revealed through action, team division and inner conflict were communicated with subtlety.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Awesome. Glad to hear that not everyone is down on this movie, as some movie pundits would have us believe.

Two months left...
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Who would have thought using all the team-members in a coordinated action scene that respects each of their abilities and personalities would have been a crowd-pleaser(to comic book fans who paid to be at a convention)?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Are those alex Shipp comments real?

Quote Originally Posted by jignat View Post
    Are those alex Shipp comments real?
    about The drinking game??

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

My theory is that Selene was supposed to be Psylocke,
    This is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    This is correct.
    My thing is I know they've taken extreme liberties with characters, especially side or lesser known mutants but if they were going to change her to Selene they could've at least made her look more Selene like. I'm not saying she's got to wear the Hellfire fetish wear but a blue/black wig and some dark stylized clothes/leather. Considering how dark the clothes & costumes have been in most of these films you'd think they'd have some pieces left to give her a proper X-film look, if not the comic look.

The entire punk look with the tattoos, tank top and little accessories gives me Morlock/Omega Last Stand vibes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    about The drinking game??
    No, that Storm is too good a character to play second fiddle to Black Panther or any romantic lead, that Storm deserves her own movie regardless of who plays her and that she’s tired of being a background nobody.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    gives me Morlock/Omega Last Stand vibes.
    As it should.

DPS and X3 are part of Kinberg's white whale.

https://screenrant.com/dark-phoenix-...istake-cosmic/

I really felt that one of the mistakes we made with X-Men 3, which told in a way the Dark Phoenix story but it was the subplot of that film, one of the mistakes we made was that we didn't go cosmic with it, like the comics. I think that was a time in superhero movies where that just wasn't being done, and now we live in a time with Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor: Ragnarok and so many comic book movies are interstellar and cosmic that we felt like this was an opportunity to do our version of that.
    I disagree. As much as I'd love to see the cosmic side of Dark Phoenix on screen, I wouldn't say it's necessary to tell the story. It was far from being X3's problem. It doesn't even really look like it's going to be a big part of this movie.

Also, wasn't it originally said that this was going to be a two part thing? That would have been a good way of showing the cosmic part of the story. The first part could deal with the initial incident in space, and Jean developing her powers, while the 2nd part would deal with her going Dark Phoenix, and the cosmic part of the story.