Page 183 of 207 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I saw Spider-Man: Far From Home the other day and I honestly thought Dark Phoenix was a better movie. Neither of them were great movies, but I thought FFH was just bad.
    I actually agree to some extent. I left Dark Phoenix feeling more satisfied. I thought the characters in that movie were done much better than many of the characters we saw in Far From Home.

While I understand why Far From Home is getting more acclaim, I feel like people are more willing to overlook its flaws because it followed up Endgame so seamlessly. I also think the success of Homecoming obscured the perceptions of it. If X-Men Apocalypse had gotten similar critical praise, I bet Dark Phoenix would've benefited.

But the biggest difference between Dark Phoenix and Far From Home, in my opinion, is how they handled the romantic sub-plots. I think Dark Phoenix did it right. It established very clearly, right in the shuttle scene, that Scott and Jean really care about each other. Their love feels genuine and sincere. It's easy to see why they're together.

Far From Home did a lot of things well, especially with the action and Mysterio. But the way it handled the romantic sub-plot with Peter and MJ was just terrible. It's established that they're attracted to one another, but I had a hard time believing they actually cared about each other. It didn't help that MJ was really flat for most of the movie. At least she had some more personal insights in Homecoming. In Far From Home, she just looked deadpanned the whole time and that made the romance feel really stale.

That's just my opinion, but I think in terms of romantic sub-plot, Dark Phoenix checked all the right boxes. It helped make the movie work and that's part of what made it a more satisfying experience for me.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I have a lot of issues with FFH but no way is it not better than DP. There was 30 minutes left of DP and I felt like absolutely nothing happened. It was such a pointless movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I actually agree to some extent. I left Dark Phoenix feeling more satisfied. I thought the characters in that movie were done much better than many of the characters we saw in Far From Home.

While I understand why Far From Home is getting more acclaim, I feel like people are more willing to overlook its flaws because it followed up Endgame so seamlessly. I also think the success of Homecoming obscured the perceptions of it. If X-Men Apocalypse had gotten similar critical praise, I bet Dark Phoenix would've benefited.

But the biggest difference between Dark Phoenix and Far From Home, in my opinion, is how they handled the romantic sub-plots. I think Dark Phoenix did it right. It established very clearly, right in the shuttle scene, that Scott and Jean really care about each other. Their love feels genuine and sincere. It's easy to see why they're together.

Far From Home did a lot of things well, especially with the action and Mysterio. But the way it handled the romantic sub-plot with Peter and MJ was just terrible. It's established that they're attracted to one another, but I had a hard time believing they actually cared about each other. It didn't help that MJ was really flat for most of the movie. At least she had some more personal insights in Homecoming. In Far From Home, she just looked deadpanned the whole time and that made the romance feel really stale.

That's just my opinion, but I think in terms of romantic sub-plot, Dark Phoenix checked all the right boxes. It helped make the movie work and that's part of what made it a more satisfying experience for me.
    FFH also illustrates one of the biggest ironies of the MCU vs. Fox debate: Despite all the complaining about the importance of Wolverine in the Fox movies...no one seems to bat an eye to the fact that so much of the MCU somehow involves Tony Stark having screwed something up, and the world is now facing the consequences for it. BOTH of Spider-Man's villains in the MCU so far have been re-envisioned as someone that Stark screwed over, and now Peter has to fix it. And at least Vulture had a legit gripe, Mysterio was pretty much just bitter that Tony gave his creation a goofy name.

So what happens if they bring in Doc Ock or Norman Osborn? Will they have had Stark run over their puppy?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    FFH also illustrates one of the biggest ironies of the MCU vs. Fox debate: Despite all the complaining about the importance of Wolverine in the Fox movies...no one seems to bat an eye to the fact that so much of the MCU somehow involves Tony Stark having screwed something up, and the world is now facing the consequences for it. BOTH of Spider-Man's villains in the MCU so far have been re-envisioned as someone that Stark screwed over, and now Peter has to fix it. And at least Vulture had a legit gripe, Mysterio was pretty much just bitter that Tony gave his creation a goofy name.

So what happens if they bring in Doc Ock or Norman Osborn? Will they have had Stark run over their puppy?
    I think that You are missing something. People were unhappy that majority of x-men had close to 0 character development.

If they would be created as interesting characters then people wouldn't be complaing about Wolverine.
    If they would be interesting X-men Apocalypse and X-men Dark Phoenix would have much better box office, imdb and rotten scores.

I think it had more to do with Tony firing him because he was unstable. That last little word seems a bit important to me.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I have a lot of issues with FFH but no way is it not better than DP. There was 30 minutes left of DP and I felt like absolutely nothing happened. It was such a pointless movie.
    You're gonna have to point those minutes out cuz apart from that brief rest period from when they come back from space something was always happening in Dark Phoenix.
    "Cable was right!"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

lol. Spidey has so many science based villains that they can tie all of them into a "Stark was mean to me" plot. They might have to bring in Kraven and Morlun next.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    "Apocalypse got bad reviews because it coming after excellent DoFP."
    "Dark Phoenix got bad reviews because it was coming after terrible Apocalypse."

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You're gonna have to point those minutes out cuz apart from that brief rest period from when they come back from space something was always happening in Dark Phoenix.
    Exactly. Point them out for me, too. The entire movie was Action!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Screen Rant did an interview with Kinberg back in May and said it was suppose to tie-in with the ending DOFP. The ending with Jean being alive and on the side of heroes. Basically, the point of the movie was to show us how Xavier kept his promise to Wolverine.

Did we need to see it? Naw, but you can say that about all prequels.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    "Apocalypse got bad reviews because it coming after excellent DoFP."
    "Dark Phoenix got bad reviews because it was coming after terrible Apocalypse."
    I will say that if Apocalypse was a better movie you wouldn’t have this problem:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...83#post4446183

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I will say that if Apocalypse was a better movie you wouldn’t have this problem:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...83#post4446183
    That has nothing to do with what I said?

BANNED

'Dark Phoenix' has grown on me.

The first half is amazing, and the train fight is 100% astonishing.

It required more scenes and plot in the middle of the movie. I guess restoring the cut footage would help that section.

Anyway, fantastic movie.

I'm proud of the FOX X-Men movies, they are truly the best.

Any connection between Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix is purely coincidence. Fox didn't think that far and they even ignored stuff from Apocalypse.
    some are reading way to much were there is nothing

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    That has nothing to do with what I said?
    I’m saying that Apocalypse not being good did affect this movie’s reception on some level. Jean’s character arc builds off of a forgettable movie from 3 years ago and so it’s not going to land with a lot people. The Screen Rant review even mentioned how it wouldn’t work with casual viewers.