Page 178 of 207 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think it has more to do with the Fox movies were not really X-Men movies. They were Xavier/Magneto movies with other characters taking a leading role here an there. First it was Rogue then Wolveine then Mystique. People did not want Xavier/Magneto movies they wanted X-Men movies. As time went on and the formula stayed the same with those two characters being the main focus and everyone else playing 2nd fiddle people just started dropping off in the US. The focus of the Singer/Kinberg movies was always those two characters either in them dealing with each other or in how other characters delt with them.

People just got tired of the adventure of Charles and Eric and wanted to see the actual X-Men in an X-Men movie.
    I just want good movies: action, humour, suspense, emotions, good acting…
    A movie is very expensive, time-consuming: it's such as waste when the result is not satisfying, when you think, "It could have been better…"
    I liked First Class, Days of Future Past has some good moments, the rest… it's the producers thinking "we know the recipe, we gather the same ingredients and we will get the money".
    You cannot have good surprises all the time, after all…

BANNED

I think it has more to do with the Fox movies were not really X-Men movies. They were Xavier/Magneto movies with other characters taking a leading role here an there. First it was Rogue then Wolveine then Mystique. People did not want Xavier/Magneto movies they wanted X-Men movies. As time went on and the formula stayed the same with those two characters being the main focus and everyone else playing 2nd fiddle people just started dropping off in the US. The focus of the Singer/Kinberg movies was always those two characters either in them dealing with each other or in how other characters delt with them.

People just got tired of the adventure of Charles and Eric and wanted to see the actual X-Men in an X-Men movie.
    I think that You are right.
    I can add that people gave up and didn't go to movies because xavier/magneto story was done too many times.

I haven't double-checked the sources used, but this is an interesting take that included things about Dark Phoenix I wasn't aware of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1ial6_iWZ8

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

If they are putting the blame on Disney I am not interested.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Yeah, in the original trilogy Xavier always got taken out of the picture.
    Even with getting taken out of the picture he got more screen time than everyone else but Wolverine and Magneto.

Even with getting taken out of the picture he got more screen time than everyone else but Wolverine and Magneto.
    That’s only for X2.

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls021989213/

If they are putting the blame on Disney I am not interested.
    Unfortunately, the similarities with Captain Marvel were too strong for Kinberg&co to ignore so the movie changed significantly in re-shoots and post. That's a fact. Everyone from industry insiders to Kinberg to the stars of the movie all agree on that. It isn't the sole reason for Dark Phoenix's failures but it is a contributing factor. It's also Fox's fault too of course with things like sabotaging DP's non-competitive February release date in favor of Alita Battle Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    Unfortunately, the similarities with Captain Marvel were too strong for Kinberg&co to ignore so the movie changed significantly in re-shoots and post. That's a fact. Everyone from industry insiders to Kinberg to the stars of the movie all agree on that. It isn't the sole reason for Dark Phoenix's failures but it is a contributing factor. It's also Fox's fault too of course with things like sabotaging DP's non-competitive February release date in favor of Alita Battle Angel.
    That wasn’t the case according to Deadline.

We heard that in one cut, Jean Grey dies, which wasn’t received well. But overall, the major ending change-up, executed in reshoots, entailed going from an intimate ending with Jean Grey (Sophie Turner), Tye Sheridan (Cyclops), and Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) against Jessica Chastain’s Vuk. The feeling from the audience in testing was that they wanted to see all the X-Men heroes fighting in the end. There have been reports out there that the ending was changed-up because it was too similar to Captain Marvel. This isn’t true: No one on the Fox/Dark Phoenix production side had any intel of what Captain Marvel would be like before it was released. It was the all-team reshoot that pushed Dark Phoenix from its original Nov. 2 release date (which went to ultimate 4-time Oscar winner and Fox blockbuster finale pre-merger Bohemian Rhapsody) to Feb. 14. We understand Kinberg got to make the film he wanted to make, and was flexible about reshoots with the studio. Many would like to feasibly blame a screenwriter-turned-first time $200M production film director on missing the mark here. However, as we wrote, Kinberg demonstrated his finesse in saving previous Fox/Marvel and X-Men productions. Fox production executives could have gone with a more seasoned director, but decided not to, and in doing so, they failed in riding herd on Kinberg early enough. By the time they did decided to ride monitor Kinberg, it was too late, and production was too far down the road.
    https://deadline.com/2019/06/dark-ph...hy-1202629749/

Jean in the movie is far from being X-Men’s “most devastating enemy yet” as the plot synopsis says. She only fights them once in the entire movie and reluctantly so, with her trying to avoid using lethal force(Mystique’s death is an accident). Jean is basically like the Hulk in the sense that she just wants to be left alone.

Jean trying to kill all the X-Men and is the one attacking the train definitely doesn’t happen in the film.
    She goes off the rails on Genosha and after Vuk starts manipulating her (the fight that leads to everyone being arrested on the train). She might've gotten her head straight in the end, but she on the path all right.

Hmm...

https://old.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...at_didnt_make/

Kinberg back in September said that the movie was over 2 hours. I wonder why they cut out so much.
    Would like to see an extended cut of it myself.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    She goes off the rails on Genosha and after Vuk starts manipulating her (the fight that leads to everyone being arrested on the train). She might've gotten her head straight in the end, but she on the path all right.
    The Genosha incident is one of the reasons why I compare to the Hulk. Remember when he kicked Emil Blonsky into a tree in Incredible Hulk? She only attacked those guys because they came after her.

While she was on the path people like ScreenJunkies, Jeremy Jahns, Chris Stuckmann and WatchMojos had complaints about Jean not going all out evil like in X3. Jeremy Jahns seriously believes that the story had no direction.

The fight between the X-Men and Magneto’s crew is what got them arrested, not Jean.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-06-2019 at 04:07 AM.

I was looking at the comment section of The a Days of Future Past ending and for some reason many people think Jean died in this movie.

BANNED

Plain and simple, this version of "Phoenix" is not evil, just confused/puzzled about herself... before her big "leap" into the galaxy as a supreme entity.

Frankly, I love this version of the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Plain and simple, this version of "Phoenix" is not evil, just confused/puzzled about herself... before her big "leap" into the galaxy as a supreme entity.

Frankly, I love this version of the Phoenix.
    I don't why call it DARK Phoenix when Jean isn't that evil. It would be like calling the green outfit Dark Phoenix. If you not gonna bother fully committng to evil Jean don't bother

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I don't why call it DARK Phoenix when Jean isn't that evil. It would be like calling the green outfit Dark Phoenix. If you not gonna bother fully committng to evil Jean don't bother
    True.

But I [think ] the reason was because originally it was going to be 2 movies, sort of, back-to-back: "Phoenix" then 2 months later "Dark Phoenix". When they changed plans, the radically cut the time and "combined" the 2 movies, albeit with only a fraction of the details. Then that was further scaled down to just under 2 hrs.

Remember when they used the cover name for the movies: "Supernova"? Never fooled me as being Jean as Phoenix!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I was reading a Screen Rant interview with Kinberg from May saying that he wanted this movie tie-in with the ending of Days of Future Past. You know where Jean is known as being one of the heroes and that people’s fate can change?

Yeah, they should have called this X-Men: Phoenix.

They should have went with Claremont’s idea and go forward into the future instead of the past. Having Rachel as Dark Phoenix would not ruin the ending of DOFP.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-08-2019 at 03:32 AM.