Page 71 of 207 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 3103
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Dark Phoenix's story is culmination of all X-Men films, says director Simon Kinberg

[....]

Anyway, I don't think "the culmination of Fox-verse" marketing is going to do any good. Endgame was always meant to be end of an era. Dark Phoenix clearly wasn't. Hell, wasn't Apocalypse meant to end the First Class trilogy and begin the new era of X-Men? Dark Phoenix's main characters journey hasn't even started yet.
    For the sake of fairness, Magneto keeps showing up in stories he originally had not a whole lot to do with. In a way, we could joke about Dark Phoenix being the final chapter of his scenery-chewing saga.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Jean is a plot device
    Not according to Icekid was at a private screening back in November. The movie centers in her in a similar way that Infinity War centered on Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Not according to Icekid was at a private screening back in November. The movie centers in her in a similar way that Infinity War centered on Thanos.
    I can see that: a character that exists for the main three to overcome whose characterization and motivations aren't known until they're hastily spit at the audience near the halfway point of the movie.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I can see that: a character that exists for the main three to overcome whose characterization and motivations aren't known until they're hastily spit at the audience near the halfway point of the movie.
    Mystique dies in the first act and Magneto doesn’t show up until the second act.

Attachment 81753

Wow, that is the longest FoX-Men movie, I think?
    After seeing through a 3-hour spectacle with Avengers Endgame, I'm perfectly okay with a 2 hour, 41 minute Dark Phoenix movie. That would basically put it at a similar length to the Rogue Cut of Days of Future Past, which I thought was vastly superior to the theatrical cut.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

... I've always thought that it was Sam Raimi's Spider-Man that really kickstarted the "modern" superhero genre. There are way more similarities MCU has with Spider-Man trilogy than X-Men movies. Costumes, humour, big battles, embracing silliness, mostly tight continuity... And while X-Men(2000) was a successful movie, Spider-Man was shattering box office, it had the biggest opening weekend of that time iirc. And to be honest, all this talk is silly. Superhero movies have been critical and commercial hits for a long time. Since the first Superman movie. ...
    Some conteXt, as opposed to generalities:

From Avengers to X-Men: A Brief History of Superhero Movies - Rolling Stone
    ... Although a modest production by today’s standards, it proved that even superheroes that were wildly popular with comic geeks, if not Joe Q. Public, had mainstream appeal. X-Men made a star out of Hugh Jackman thanks to his portrayal of the metal-clawed brawler Wolverine (enough to earn two stand-alone movies) and, with its unexpected $157 million haul at the box office, paved the way for the onslaught to come. ...
    How X-Men Paved the Way for Modern Superhero Movies | Collider
    ... in the year 2000 the comic book genre was essentially dead. The circus show that is Batman & Robin had killed the Batman franchise in 1997, and all that was left were niche properties like the R-rated Blade and the dark, horror-infused Spawn. There was no template for what a superhero movie could be, but it definitely wasn’t considered a “serious” genre. Then along comes X-Men, which isn’t as dark as the niche adaptations that preceded it, but doesn’t parade its characters as silly cartoons either...

I think you missed my point.

BANNED

No, pretty sure I got it, in all its dismissive narrowness.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 04-29-2019 at 07:30 AM.

IMO X-Men kicked off the Modern Superhero era and Raimi's Spider-Man proved the "Yellow Spandex" could work.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Man, those costumes are crap.

They’re not even trying at this point. I still believe Negasonic had the best version.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    They’re not even trying at this point. I still believe Negasonic had the best version.
    Easily. 10101010
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

discount walmart. supercheap

The one really cool thing about Apocalypse was the Costumes at the end. Why did they not use them?