Page 199 of 207 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

more pic dazzler
    Would've loved to see more Dazzler, but I have a feeling she'll show up in the MCU at some point.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Amazing Member

"And some people say this movie doesn’t focus on Jean. She got Wolverine-level screentime."

That's actually the one thing I really liked about this movie. Even if it had discount skrulls, and telegraphed mystiques death, and introduced two unnameable mutants to fight alongside Magneto, at least it was a Jean Grey movie. I don't really care if Disney is branding it as X-menark Phoenix for home release, that's just not what this movie is. While obviously it was closer to an X-men movie than say, The Wolverine, it was ultimately her film. And I love Jean Grey. She really is a fascinating character and her (relatively) recent run from Dennis Hopeless was phenomenal. Dark Phoenix is not an amazing movie. It's quite flawed actually, but it as an entertaining Jean Grey movie and I never expected to get one of those from Fox, so I am personally happy to have it.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Dark Phoenix made it to the finalist for best action movie and best female movie of 2019 at people’s choice awards.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/e-peopl...omment-page-1/
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-07-2019 at 02:40 AM.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Dark Phoenix made it to the finalist for best action movie and best female movie of 2019 at people’s choice awards.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/e-peopl...omment-page-1/
    Neat! Don't know how they narrowed the categories down to the final eight, but it's good to see it show up (if only for the sake of visibility). I don't expect it to win any of them (this is a popularity contest, after all), but, to use the old refrain, it's nice to have been nominated.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

I think this movie’s reception would have been better if the marketing wasn’t so misleading.

I think this movie’s reception would have been better if the marketing wasn’t so misleading.

Possibly.

But why did kinberg mess up again?!?! He knew of his last mistake, and was again trusted with millions of dollars to once again flop at making this beloved tale!

While I liked the movie (but it was far from good or about the true Phoenix/Dark Phoenix Saga), I think kinberg out to be strung up...by his thumbnails...telekinetically by Jean herself!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Possibly.

But why did kinberg mess up again?!?! He knew of his last mistake, and was again trusted with millions of dollars to once again flop at making this beloved tale!

While I liked the movie (but it was far from good or about the true Phoenix/Dark Phoenix Saga), I think kinberg out to be strung up...by his thumbnails...telekinetically by Jean herself!
    He tried to make it two movies but the studio made it into one at the last minute as Chris Claremont confirmed. I wouldn’t say he repeated the same mistakes, the movie made new ones.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-09-2019 at 02:12 PM.

He tried to make it two movies but the studio made it into one at the last minute as Chris Claremont confirmed. I wouldn’t say he repeated the same mistakes, the movie made new ones.
    Oh I agree---he did not make the same exact mistakes necessarilly, but new ones. However, he did repeat mistake by not following the storyline of the books, including missing characters.

I finally saw this movie.

Holy **** it's bad. Like I had to pause and continue 5 times over a few days.

I felt myself rooting for Magneto and Beast to kill her.

And the scene with Jean fighting using her TK to kill people was just so meh. And not visually impressive at all. I call it lazy fighting

Worst movie of all the X-Men movies.

Oh I agree---he did not make the same exact mistakes necessarilly, but new ones. However, he did repeat mistake by not following the storyline of the books, including missing characters.
    Jurassic Park 2

Hammond: Don't worry here, I'm not making the same mistakes again.

Malcolm: No you're making all new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I finally saw this movie.

Holy **** it's bad. Like I had to pause and continue 5 times over a few days.

I felt myself rooting for Magneto and Beast to kill her.

And the scene with Jean fighting using her TK to kill people was just so meh. And not visually impressive at all. I call it lazy fighting

Worst movie of all the X-Men movies.
    Agree about the lame TK fighting.

But cheering for jean to be killed, I mean, we got that kinda conflict in the original dps comics- some teammates thought she should be fought for and others thought she should be fought against. So I don’t think wanting her to die is a good metric of movie quality.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

How much of the storyline can you follow with just one movie? Especially, when it was made into one in late pre-production?

I dunno if leaving out characters was necessarily a mistake. He did that because that would take away focus from Jean. Lady Death was left out of Infinity War/Endgame for the same exact reason.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-09-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseBeFeige View Post
    "And some people say this movie doesn’t focus on Jean. She got Wolverine-level screentime."

That's actually the one thing I really liked about this movie. Even if it had discount skrulls, and telegraphed mystiques death, and introduced two unnameable mutants to fight alongside Magneto, at least it was a Jean Grey movie. I don't really care if Disney is branding it as X-menark Phoenix for home release, that's just not what this movie is. While obviously it was closer to an X-men movie than say, The Wolverine, it was ultimately her film. And I love Jean Grey. She really is a fascinating character and her (relatively) recent run from Dennis Hopeless was phenomenal. Dark Phoenix is not an amazing movie. It's quite flawed actually, but it as an entertaining Jean Grey movie and I never expected to get one of those from Fox, so I am personally happy to have it.
    And honestly, I think that was the most important box to check. This movie had to focus on and center around Jean Grey. It couldn't be one of those movies that another character, namely Wolverine, derailed to make it about something else. That was one the biggest flaws in X3. It turned the Dark Phoenix Saga into just another story about Wolverine whining about a woman he barely knew. Dark Phoenix was a lot more in depth with how and why Jean Grey lost control. It explored very personal elements with her history and her life. It had moments that included difficult choices and heavy drama. That's exactly what makes the Dark Phoenix Saga so iconic. If it had been 2 movies, as originally planned, then it would've been even more epic. But considering what they had to work with, I think they still captured the essence of the Dark Phoenix Saga in a tight, concise story.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

But cheering for jean to be killed, I mean, we got that kinda conflict in the original dps comics- some teammates thought she should be fought for and others thought she should be fought against. So I don’t think wanting her to die is a good metric of movie quality.
    I’ve read a lot reviews and I’ve noticed that people who claimed that they read Dark Phoenix don’t seem to know that this was an element from there. The guys on Screen Junkies thought that was a layer that Kinberg added.

Saw a couple of people say they thought The Last Stand was better adaptation.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 09-10-2019 at 05:48 AM.