Page 5 of 207 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Poster looks pretty BaaadAssss like the various "X-Men" seen in the flames

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

That poster is fanmade.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Sometimes I feel like i'm the only person who is excited for this movie. I'm ready for it to come out. I want it to be good obviously, but I"m just ready for it to be over and done with. I'm also equally excited about the MCU's X-Men, whatever that may bring, but there's no reason to not enjoy Dark Phoenix SOLELY for that reason (as opposed to it being bad acting, bad plot, bad XF etc)
    I'm right there with you, bud. I know this is gonna be the last proper Fox X-Men film (we'll see what happens with New Mutants: I just think that's gonna get dumped onto a streaming service for some reason), and I plan on enjoying it.

I don't give a ton of credence to "insider" information and the like, so "news" by John Campea, Grace Randolph, etc. don't concern me, and there seem to be so many false narratives about this movie floating around that it can make you crazy. All I've seen that I can verify is a good tone-setting trailer, a couple interviews with Kinberg and the cast and some images, and there isn't anything there to make me think this movie's gonna suck. In fact, I think it looks pretty dang good. We'll see what happens when the next trailer drops, but I'm still all hype.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    That poster is fanmade.
    Obviously I'm a cheap date

That poster is fanmade.
    Too bad, it's really good. Like it better the the official one in use so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Sometimes I feel like i'm the only person who is excited for this movie. I'm ready for it to come out. I want it to be good obviously, but I"m just ready for it to be over and done with. I'm also equally excited about the MCU's X-Men, whatever that may bring, but there's no reason to not enjoy Dark Phoenix SOLELY for that reason (as opposed to it being bad acting, bad plot, bad XF etc)
    I'm looking forward to the movie, too. I'm more ambivalent to the MCU reboot idea then you are I think (Marvel Studios makes good movies, but I was really interested in some of the planned stuff that'll have to get sacrificed to make it happen, far more then seeing the classic characters interact with other Marvel characters on the big screen.

My though is, don't let the naysayers on the forum get you down if you're wanting to see the Fox version go out on a high note/be given a chance to continue under new management/whatever.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Too bad, it's really good. Like it better the the official one in use so far.

I'm looking forward to the movie, too. I'm more ambivalent to the MCU reboot idea then you are I think (Marvel Studios makes good movies, but I was really interested in some of the planned stuff that'll have to get sacrificed to make it happen, far more then seeing the classic characters interact with other Marvel characters on the big screen.

My though is, don't let the naysayers on the forum get you down if you're wanting to see the Fox version go out on a high note/be given a chance to continue under new management/whatever.
    I make no apologies for being passionately excited for the MCU to take in the X-men. However, your last point is worth noting: it doesn't help the X-men to have this movie tank and look terrible. I hope it's a solid, easily forgotten movie because a dumpster fire hurts the brand and won't be easily dismissed down the line.

Word is that the second Dark Phoenix trailer will hit around Captain Marvel’s release.

I believe it. Bust out the Marvel logo and Jean with flaming hair and people will think it’s Captain Marvel 2. Just like how Marvel had many people thinking Black Panther would be heavily featured in Infinity War.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Poster looks pretty BaaadAssss like the various "X-Men" seen in the flames
    I thought the poster looked great UNTIL I saw the faces in the flames. That made it look silly.

I'm excited to see it since I love all things X-men. I just wish it was the story like the 90s cartoon and comics instead of being so similar to the last Phoenix film.

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    I'm excited to see it since I love all things X-men. I just wish it was the story like the 90s cartoon and comics instead of being so similar to the last Phoenix film.
    More like Captain Marvel. Jean wasn’t even the focus of X3.

I love the Dark Phoenix saga as much as the next guy. And I didn't mind most of the Fox Movies. But this movie felt forced and rushed. I hate JLaw's Mystique and I think this should have been a two parter.

I hope, if it's really that bad, that it gets a direct to streaming release so that we can build up to this story in the future with the Marvel X-Men movies.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    And I didn't mind most of the Fox Movies. But this movie felt forced and rushed. I hate JLaw's Mystique and I think this should have been a two parter.
    Yes, this cast needed at least another movie before this one to develop the characters and their dynamics. I don't think Apocalypse was enough to make people care for Jean and her relationship with Scott.

Word is that the second Dark Phoenix trailer will hit around Captain Marvel’s release.

I believe it. Bust out the Marvel logo and Jean with flaming hair and people will think it’s Captain Marvel 2. Just like how Marvel had many people thinking Black Panther would be heavily featured in Infinity War.
    I heard something similar in that it might release somewhere around Valentine's Day and will coincide with the release of Alita. But I can see Fox and Disney trying to make it closer to Captain Marvel. The two companies are almost done merging and that would be a good way to start the synergy.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Look who’s in third place as most anticipated 2019 film in China!

https://mobile.twitter.com/gavinfeng...41773921243136

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yes, this cast needed at least another movie before this one to develop the characters and their dynamics. I don't think Apocalypse was enough to make people care for Jean and her relationship with Scott.
    Not saying that this movie will be as good as The Dark Knight, but that movie made audiences care about Harvey Dent and his fall from grace. He wasn’t introduced in any previous movie either. It’s pretty fallacious to think you need multiple films for a fall from grace plot to be effective.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 02-03-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Look who’s in third place as most anticipated 2019 film in China!

https://mobile.twitter.com/gavinfeng...41773921243136

Not saying that this movie will be as good as The Dark Knight, but that movie made audiences care about Harvey Dent and his fall from grace. He wasn’t introduced in any previous movie either. It’s pretty fallacious you need multiple for a fall from grace plot to be effective.
    You're right, but The Dark Knight is on another league to be honest.
    It gives me some hope knowing it can be done though.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-03-2019 at 10:06 AM.